My first ever, umm, game sort of thing.

doctercorgi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I decided to try my hand at making a video game in order to fuel my new found Lego addiction. Looking up ways to build a game without much technical knowledge I read that RPG maker was pretty easy to use, and it was.

I decided to make a dark, depressing post apocalyptic survival game because that's my jam.

Game Synopsis

The world, as you know it, has ended. The information age is over, and in its stead is a new age of darkness for humanity. All our technological progress over the last few hundred years, our advancements, our great achievements, were nothing to the cosmic force that destroyed us. When IK Pegasi's supernova took away what our society most depended on, technology, It sent our society crashing back in time. You are a human survivor in the now ruined America fleeing south to Mexico to escape the coming winter, Your journey will take you through the once powerful country, that has now regressed to almost complete anarchy. Simple cuts and bruises can be life threatening without medical supplies, Food is always scarce and you need it to survive. You are not alone either and you have to chose how to interact with other survivors, work together, or murder them for what they have. And the cold is always on your heels as you flee from the humanities new greatest enemy, Mother Nature.

Its not 350 words but there really isn't much to the game yet besides survive by any means necessary.

Characters, Setting and World Development  

There is only one class, human. If I can figure out how to let the player select a character before the story starts then you will be able to chose between a old bearded male or a female who I still need to work on. You will trek though ruined cities, towns, farmland, and wilderness on your way to the border. None of the other humans you meet will attack you on sight but they might not be openly friendly towards you being within several miles of them.

This game will probably never be released AND things you might need to know about the demo thingy

Sadly, I overestimated how easy this would be. I have ZERO coding knowledge and only the trial version. So a critique of my demo thingy would be great. I might continue work on it in the future once im capable of doing so. Also There are several interactive objects which might not be obvious, I never found a way to make them stand out. These are the cross/grave, the book in the house, and any ladders or stairs. Thanks.   

screeny

View attachment First game.exe

Last edited by a moderator:

nirwannrs

Black Hunter General
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Downloaded it, played it, but.. I don't know what to do... I just run around and open some crates... hehe...

I get the "Darkness" Feeling tho...

Some suggestion (or maybe just tips) :

There's a Quick Event Creation when you right click the tile(Event editing mode), so you can make like Transfer player, door, treasure easier...

event.png

Keep up the spirit!

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@doctercorgi

Perhaps you could add some instructions about the gameplay/goals in the OP? I, too, had a bit of a hard time figuring out what to do...But I like the setting, very nice for a first try!

doctercorgi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There are several interactive objects which might not be obvious, I never found a way to make them stand out. These are the cross/grave, the book in the house, The shovel in the basement and any ladders or stairs

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, then the next step as a designer is figuring out how to make it more obvious what can and cannot be interacted with! I have a couple of suggestions but I want you to think about it for yourself first. 

Oh, and I´ll take a look at your game again to see what else I can find :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm having issues with my steam account... so I can't use MZ right now, so I can't work on my game until its solved, so it be harder to be ready for 31... guess I'll get ice cream :kaopride:
Motivation! Inspiration! There you are. I was worried you guys weren't going to show up today. Let's get this thing going!
Made these new little isles yesterday, to test my new tiles. Guess they're look pretty chill...
Are your bodies ready for spoopy? 0 w0
Made a lot of progression today with my next chapter. It helps that I wrote an outline of what will happen. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProtoPropski