RMVXA My first game, a stealth game? A bit lost here.

Zeran

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, as a bit of a short and sweet sort of thing to start out working in RPG Maker VX Ace, before I start any grandiose project in the future that's my personal epic, I've thought about making a game that's basically set in a setting I play on Tuesdays about the character I play as and his misadventures and while I have a very rough script for the beginning and end (as I make it point to have a beginning and end planned out) for it.

For context, my character is a runaway who left home in a setting where humanity's population has been brought down to less than a million after a great war with an extradimensional force around a hundred years ago that was barely won and considering my character has ran off from home, I feel like a stealth game might be an appropriate genre to do.

I feel like this game will end up being more like one of those horror games done in these engines (sans the horror element) and I'd like opinions on the subject.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd be interested in seeing it. I tried making a stealth scene in one of my games using Yanfly's Event Chase and Event Chase Stealth plugin, and it took me forever. Mostly because there's a lot to it. Unless I'm not aware of an easier way of doing it. I'd be very interested in seeing what you put together though. I love stealth games. :)

Zeran

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Interesting. I'm also looking for stuff that can hide or even some lighting system, even if it's a simple light = exposed and dark = hidden mechanic since I doubt RPGMVXA can handle such.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not quite sure on a VX Ace lighting plugin. Haven't use Ace in a while. I want to say I used Jet's Stealth Script. You can find it HERE. Pretty sure this is the one I used for my VX Ace game.

Last edited:

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Zeran Well, this is very convenient - I was just testing stealth in my own game the other day or so.

So in terms of scripts for this kind of thing:
  • Khas's Awesome Lighting Effects is a very powerful lighting script for VX Ace - it's also free to use unlike the MV version.
  • Yanfly Event Chase is good if you want enemies to instantly go after you if you get into their line of sight, but usually that's not enough.
  • Instead I offer VM of DT's Proximity Events, which have true line of sight properties such as - enemies not being able to see you past walls unless you tag them with region tiles (aka. a thin fence vs a solid wall), events triggering upon meeting eyes with the player (so they can't slink away) and so on.
I've tested these on my own time and they've done what I wanted, so I hope they do for you too. :LZSexcite:

Zeran

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah! Thanks. I've also thought about hiding spaces and maybe altering combat into a more tense scenario (as to encourage not getting caught) with it since I don't have being caught = instant game over.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

May I make a suggestion for what language we should use for plugins?

IMG_1177.JPG
Have you opened all the advent calendar's yet? Don't forget to leave @Starbird_Resources and @WaywardMartian some love!
1638376821276.png
LOOK AT EM GOOOOOOOOOO!
Sorry for the spam with this, I'm just real happy with how this has gone :D
Custom sleep sequence done! :kaopride:
fuY8hyg.gif
The other day I posted a merchant airship tileset and said it was overflow from my Advent Calendar. @Avery said something like "that's one way to flex!" Well, this morning I woke up and realized THAT I MISCOUNTED AND AM SHORT BY ONE DAY. My face and palm are now perfectly fused together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pirocudo341