angosllo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all!!

This is my first time posting, but I've been lurking the forums for the past month while building this game. I've found a lot of helpful information/assets through these forums, so I'm super appreciative of this site and it's members!

I've released my first RPG!
When You Wander is a turn based adventure game, heavily influenced by some of my favorite RPGs!

Synopsis: The Elven city of Alarium is all Elly has ever known. After the passing of her mother, she becomes overwhelmed with the mundane aspects of her life as a young Elf; She's tired of answering to her sister, cleaning the house and trudging through her spellwork. After a huge fight with Alvena, her sister, Elly decides to run away. She storms out of the house and leaves her sister and Alarium behind forever. Once grown up, Elethera is content with the life that she's built in The French Laundry. The French Laundry is a cute and safe town where she's met some great friends and neighbors, she even has a cute cat. Elethera is happy with her life, even though she hasn't learned very much in the way of spellwork. She tends to have a rudimentary idea of magic spells, but she does just fine with what she knows. She very rarely has to use her magic and she's essentially left the life of being an Elf behind. This all changes one strange night in the French Laundry, where in the dead of night, a fairy appears and warns Elethera she needs to be careful, as there's some bad ju ju going on. Elethera notices a hooded man peering over the French Laundry and when he realizes she's spotted him, he disappears, as if he's turned translucent. The next morning, Elethera runs into her best friend Tammy, where she realizes why the fairy was warning her. Tammy tells her their best friend Feya had been kidnapped in the night. Elethera and Tammy decide they must set out to save Feya, but whoever took Feya has also taken a part of Elethera's childhood and is about to take a lot more if Elethera doesn't stop him. She soon realizes why she needed to stay in Alarium - to protect her family and her world. Elethera doesn't fully believe she can stop him, but she's got her friends and some new friends she meets on her journey to back her up. Help Elethera realize her power and go on an adventure, where you'll fight monsters, craft and cook, synthesize powerful weapons, loot dungeons, go fishing, solve puzzles, heal trees and more!

Gameplay Features: Turn Based Fighting, Level Up, Learn Skills, Dungeons, Puzzle Solving, Cooking, Fishing, Heal Trees, Fun Weapons

Download Link: Play When You Wander on Itch.io for free!

SCREENSHOT1.png
SCREENSHOT4.pngSCREENSHOT2.png
Gameplay Info:
Controls
Walk: Arrow Keys
Select: Enter/Spacebar
Menu: X or ESC

Total Run Time: 1:30:00-2:00:00​

Thanks for taking the time to look at my game and I am open to any tips or critiques!

Thanks,
Angosllo

Last edited:

thenerdmansion

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
The game is unplayable, when you select new game the game crashes.

angosllo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, interesting. Is that for the PC version? I can try to re-upload it but unfortunately I’m not sure how to bug test for a PC since I don’t have one.

thenerdmansion

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
You are simply missing file. I have looked through all the folders and that png picture is nowhere to be found.
2021-05-31 (1).png

angosllo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for letting me know! I will redeploy the PC version and send an update when it’s fixed.

angosllo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, when I download the PC version, the "AlveronsHouse" file is living within the folders. Regardless, I was able to install Parallels on my Mac and playtest a more recent deploy through Windows and it seems to be working fine. I've updated the PC download link with the most recent deployment.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and I hope it's working for you now,
Ang

You are simply missing file. I have looked through all the folders and that png picture is nowhere to be found.
View attachment 190918

angosllo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, when I download the PC version, the "AlveronsHouse" file is living within the folders. Regardless, I was able to install Parallels on my Mac and playtest a more recent deploy through Windows and it seems to be working fine. I've updated the PC download link with the most recent deployment.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and I hope it's working for you now,
Ang

Hey I'm sure you've moved on from this game, but regardless I'm correcting myself here... I realize now that Windows renames files when you unzip a folder with Japanese characters, so that's why the error code is happening. I've updated the download link and it should be fixed now. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

thenerdmansion

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you!

is it in a zip file or a rar file? Preferably a zip but anything will do.

thenerdmansion

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
First Impression. Follow and subscribe if you like the channel. Inbox and subscribe if you want your game played :D?

HD Version is still processing.

angosllo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First Impression. Follow and subscribe if you like the channel. Inbox and subscribe if you want your game played :D?

HD Version is still processing.

Thanks so much for playing, that was super entertaining to watch! There’s def some things I should’ve streamlined. The part you got stuck at is where you synthesize the final weapon to defeat the main boss! I know the bridge looks glitchy, I should’ve made it active after synthesizing the weapon later in the game where you can build it, building it early doesn’t actually help and I guess is confusing. Great feedback, loved watching this!

Also for my next game I promise to make all of my own music as to avoid copyright issues. :)

Thanks,
Angosllo

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think using music from ocremix is copyright-free too...

angosllo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think using music from ocremix is copyright-free too...

Oh interesting I'll have to check this out! I've been dabbling with a few music making programs that have been really cool so far.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RMMZ: "Simple enough for a child!"
also RMMZ: "What, you're trying to make an RPG and you didn't know about Euler angles?"
I kinda spent the day having my own little gamejam and came up with this Catastrophe!

GZOq45s.png
Have Defeated Enemy Join Party as Actor, Show Passage Status, & MZ-Chan Art | RPG Maker News #107

My outfit at Metrocon. It was fun.
Manafinder got featured in an Upcoming Indie RPGs video alongside other great RPG Maker (and not RPG Maker) games!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zachimera