RMVXA My Idea that i have making Villainous char for my first project

KuunValo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finland
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well after pondering a bit, would i have 4 party members or do i go 6 or maybe 8. I suddenly thought:popcorn: what if i would make one of the party members what you would call villain in fantasy games ?:LZYhuh:. It might give goofy and fresh approach to story and also show bit how those dark guys might think :LZSevil:. Making party size to 4 or 5 it would be possible to give better idea of their personalities and tastes also dislikes and such.

Plot

Our Villainous character likes more adventuring and exploring than conquering neighbour towns or cities. Of course that kind of behavior isn't really well looked among his relatives. They actually paid some Magician to teleport our poor guy to some unknown continent :p and he found himself strange looking area. This is basicly my initial starting plot for the game, i develop it as i decide other character types that he meet. Twist it that all other member of the party are females;) making it even more interesting.

Battle system

As i slowly learn how it plays and work, for now i use original system. After i have get hang of balancing the enemy encounters and their stats, so that battles are decent ill try add more to it. Sideway battling perhaps or character imagines with hp mp and tp bars. Damage popups so its easier to see how much damage player do the enemies are probably one i try add at least if i can.

Classes/skills and spells.

For now i don't touch them much, only making one new class with skills and spells. I use basic database as example how to set one and what kind of formula etc i need to use for spell or skill. Making unique class with skills and spells from scratch is good way to practice, developing every character class and skills for the game is bit too hard challange for me currently, but i do it eventually :).

Armors/Weapons and items

Same as class database, i wont touch them much but i use them as example. I am planning to make whew new armor and weapon and maybe even item. I start 2 or 3 first and then as i learn how to make them decently balanced, i add more variation without changing the base types. Maybe in future i build all armors and weapons for the game :cool: Items are bit more unsure thing, i might rename them or add whew new ones.

Battlers/Enemies

Hmm this is harder one :LZYhuh: since i am very new using rpg maker. I think that for now i settle for games basic monster database and add whew more from ds and ds+ resource packs. Take a look in steam if there are any battler dlc:s and look around here at forums. Changing color and name, using different variant etc... after i find decently good visual program and learn to use it, i give it a try make them myself but that's pretty long a road :LZSblush:.

Sprites/Icons

For now i use that comes with rpg maker, look around forums if i find something. Window system for menu i will change but probably can't do much about resolution :LZSteary:.

Land/Towns etc

Hmm i have made 120x120 map, which i change and add things slowly. I figured that i build world slowly one corner of time. With cities, dungeons, forests, rivers etc and perhaps make some different of others. Being continent that is secluded and hard to travel there with normal means...hehe that takes bit time. I need to figure how they travel it to other areas :ninja:. One idea that i had was using temples to connect one to another, requiring to travel dungeon like area to reach destination. Left side being separated to central and central same way with right side of the world map.

So basicly i build left side of world map first then put temple which transfers party to central part of world map. This way i can finish world map part at time then start build another. It also allows me easily to change landscape or add towns or towers etc freely, kind of build sample map which i test first to see how it plays. After all works fine i can then move work another part of the map and finish it.

Intro/music

Hmm i am thinking to make very simple intro area, after figuring out how to get it work. ill make so that our villainous person starts there. Add simple scene to play with music...bit backstory etc. Music i will use some dlc packs and what comes with rpg maker. Variate them a bit if i can and choose whew different ones that i use.

So this is basic layout for the game i have initial plan to make, it is fantasy rpg with bit of wacky twists and sometimes strange adventures in this secluded continent. Damien which is this Villainous secondary protagonist name tries to just figure out how the heck he got there.:LZSyum:.

I want to hear what you think about this ? do you have some recommendations or advice what i could do to make this game unique or be something that you would like to test out ?
I mostly want to do games for no commercial purpose and my self enjoyment . I am also planning to put it here for you to have fun with it later, after i have got it work decently smoothly and developed it some more :)

KuunValo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finland
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here is small update :LZSsmile:

Battle system
Yan fly battle engine. I think i am going to use it for now as it shows damage numbers on you and your enemy, animations of status effects and magic. I also use original system since its easier for me to balance fight with enemies and figure out how to scale them stronger as you go new areas.

Class/skills

I have made custom class Shadow Lord for Damien, using basic database as excample made custom sword skills as well spells for him. I probably need play test them some more to balance damage thought:yswt: not to mention mp and tp cost so he isn't too op. (He is intent to be this dark and bit villainous char who is powerful yes he has :LZSevil:)

Armors/Weapons and Items

I have made dark shirt and vest in magic armor and leather shirt and vest for light armor. Dark shirt and vest has dark element resistance raising meva slightly and leather vest and shirt raises hit and crit slightly.:LZSwink: i made leather shirt available first town and priced it mm 120 g tell me what you think

As for items i am planning to make double effect giving like raising hp and mp by 100, or raising max hp and mp by 10. I haven't figure out how to make them yet so :LZSooo: i try go with original item database for now. Do you have ideas ? how i could try make make them.

Lands/Towns and dungeons

I have made early areas upper where you start as well middle one, Made 2 villages and dungeons mapped their exteriors as well interiors. I used sample maps partially as excample but tried to make them my own way. tell me what you think ?. Made dialogues for some shelfs, tables, barrels, etc you can interact and some small simple events. Lot of credit figuring out how you can learn make them goes for Teal and Steel channel videos as well Echo 607 channel videos. :kaoluv:

Intro/Music

I made simple scene with music that starts Damien slightly wacky and humorous adventure. Need to make sure it plays properly when i put demo out for you to test :LZSyum: if you have any hints how i would really appriciate it.

Currently i have made half of left side of continent of game ready, so middle and right side areas are undone and will be heavily modified.
I am planning to make with ace a prologue of sorts that is approximately 1-4 hours long maybe ? depending how much i reshape world map and make different towns/dungeons/ areas for players to investigate these mysterious events or mishaps :LZScat: .
I make Mysteries of Garius Chapter 1 to ? with either mv or mz depending on which i can/ choose or decide to buy. Maybe you can give some ideas of which one would be go for. Currently i cant invest 60 + dollars easily due being part time student so i need to choose either one.

KuunValo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finland
Primarily Uses
N/A
Another update :LZScool:

Well i realized that if i wish to do game with multiple parts... i might wish to create decently solid back ground and world.:elswt: those i need also revisit world map which i largely deleted leaving only left side which i had made ready and i am planning to use for early alpha demo.:kaoswt2:
So i created rest of the party and heroine of this game :ywink: Our villainous Second protagonist basicly follows party around exploring this new unknown gods knows where located place he was sended to strand :LZSlol: i thought to paste it here for your to read and enjoy hehe :LZScat: not maybe most best but i try learn as i make it.

Damien
Mixed blood member of Shadow Lord order. Its youngest to achieve the title, his potential to grow and talent exels others immensly. Family has ancestors from human race from his mother side allowing him to have affinity also spiritual and light magic arts. Damien is tutored by martial arts by young age and is especially talented with blade weapons.
Unlike most of his family and order he belongs, Damien isnt interested conquering villages or cities. He has always wanted to experience what is it like travel different countries and their ruins exploring caves etc. Adventurers had always fashinating him ever since he were child.
Now when he is giving the chance travel other country, Damien decides to live as an adventured during this time he spend there. His Second uncle with second aunt and their son which is Damiens cousin have always be envious of his talent and secretly had plot long time to cast him drift without chance to return. Seeing opportunity to present itself they send trustworthy minion army to use illusionary magic while Damien steps in the transportation circle. Muddling and stunning him then sending continent of Garius which is isolated from other countries.
Now Damiens goal is figure out how the hell he can return, how in earth to survive unknown continent and what is this situation of being loved by spirits ? Also how he survive being center of attention from 3 dazzling ladies who have their own reasons to be force him travel with them.

Personality: think in long term perspective, always trust his own eyes to judge other invidual character and if he can trust him/her.

Likes: Good wines/juices, self or home made food over fancy ones. (Especially which Those that Miria makes)

Dislikes: Short sighted people who creates unbalance, Being his lifestyle distrubted (usually blasts them with bolt...and put their heads on spike making warning signs...)

Talents: Shadow Lord sword and Dark magic arts, Advanced spiritual magic arts, Thunder and Water elemental magic arts. Being your worst enemy or most trustworthy ally He uses them without mercy with overwhelming style and effiency.

Silaria
Young Lady of Spirit folk, She serves her people as priestress and is currently on mission to investigate sudden increase of Monster race activity and reason why they attack both human and Spirit folk villages. She is send by her village elder one of spirit folk shrines that is located deep at sirca temple ruins. While being there Silaria discovers Monster race already intruded and ransacked the ruins killing everyone who was unfortunate being there. Very powerful Minion is guarding the shrine and is preventing her investigate if its still working properly.
Masked young man happens to arrive right time when she is pondering how to solve problem, Sensing tremendous hidden strenght that makes cold shivers run trought her spine but there is also strange sense of security in his presence. Silaria gathering her courage tells this masked stranger to asist her defeat the dark minion and secure the shrine.
These events leads her forming a bond of travelling companions as well something deeper with this young mixed race man whos name which she later learns is Damien.

Personality: Curious and bit naive,

Likes: Exploring new, travelling and cuddling in Damiens Lap. Fresh made juices and berries. Mirias tutoring and Lysannas advices.

Dislikes: Unnatural forces that tries take important things for her. Being away from Damien too long.

Talents: Spiritual and Light elemental magic. Healing and support magic arts with Blessings that she can give to others.

Miria
Paladin from White rose order consider herself as an rolemodel and elder sister figure for Damien. Miria discovered Young Masked man in confused state near abandoned village of Siran, while investigating by request of adventurers guild of sirca town recent monster activity in area. She immediatelly sense faint but immensly strong dark presence in him but seeing that there also isnt any hostility towards herself decides to take him under her observation for time being.
Next 3 or 4 weeks Miria helps Damien to pitch tent and settle down in near by small area inside forest opening. She is slowly growing to see this younger man as her little brother figure and that he is different than other monster race members perhaps due being mixed blood or half breed which is how human society knows them. Her own delight Masked man called Damien seem to slowly answer her efforts starting to show faint smile time to time.
Miria is pleased that Damien is fast learner, even showing slight sign of compassion towards forest habitants that are harmles to humans. Curiosity towards life of adventurer as well his desire to want learn more of continent he is convince Miria that she has found good talent to nurture and decides to take him under her wing to teach life of adventurer.
Miria leaves Damien to continue her investigation of monster activity, all the signs and leads are probably make her travel to center part of continent. She also needs to make visit her order guild houses time to time. Closest of them being central part of continent also.
After giving long speech, makin Damien swear to behave himself and being good boy Miria leaves central part of continent telling him to follow her after growing familiar with continent and human culture.

Personality : Slightly stoic and firm, she shows softer side to those that are close to her.
Likes: Good food and fresh juice, Damien ( thinks he is adorable and wants lot of hugs when they are alone etc.) Silaria as travelling companion and little sister figure. (Maybe slightly as an arrival for Damiens attention/ affection)

Dislikes: Corrupted Nobles or self interest serving inviduals who are ready to sacrifice others for his or her goals. (reacts with reservation towards Lysanna thinking her having bad influence to damien.)

Talents : Advanced Level spiritual magic arts and Spear martial arts. Protective support martial arts she can use shield weak from harm.

Lysanna
Travelling half breed witch Who rarely takes sides, Damien is one of whew people she respects. Lysanna meets Damien during her travels. She is interested secrets that ancient shrines hold and has her own motivation as well goals to thrive. Lysanna Knows excatly what Damien is in first look as she sees him, thrill of being so close to being of his kind of power that makes cold shivers run trougth her spines is intoxicating and feels really good.
Finally meeting an invidual who uses his power effectively and seem to have right mind. Have good insight and long term perspective slowly makes Lysanna grow feelings that she hasnt have before towards Damien. Abandoning her Motives for assistin Damien find his way back home and associate Human culture Lysanna becomes his right side woman devoting herself to him.

Personality : Loves mysteries and feels attraction to powerful inviduals.

Likes: Powerful inviduals with good insights, mysteries and solving them. (Totally being attracted to Damien.) Finds Silaria somewhat adorable (her naivity that is and kind heartness )

Dislikes : reacts cold everything else almost slightly with despice. Reacts with reservation towards Miria thinking her as arrival for Damiens attention / Affection.

Talents : Advanced Arcane, Fire and Ice elemental Magic arts. Which she uses higly destructively. Curses that weakens her enemies sametime allowing her allies to deal deadly finishing strikes to them.

I still develop them during the course of adventures as i create the central and right side of continent and places they visit as well people they meet.

KuunValo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finland
Primarily Uses
N/A
Small update as of progress

Well i have done first part of left side continent ready, i need probably tweak a bit couple events so that greeting messages with npc: run after the event has runned. Secondary event page to work/run properly in other words :elswt2: slowly get hang on with simple chatting one but ones with walking and doing something+ bantering need lot of work still. First boss battle excample after a fight i tried to make him make some remarks but yeah hehe i didnt get it work just yet .:elswt:

Towns/Dungeons

Sirca, Siran, Sircas cave dungeon and Sirans ruined temple are mapped and made ready yay :rock-right: , There is manor, second town and a tree/ hill area that needs to be done/map. After that i think making a Shrine which transfers the party to central part ot Garius content where the next part is taking a place.

It was roughly about 2 hours as in content with first two towns, cave dungeon and ruined temple when i play tested them so good start i think :LZSexcite:.

Combat/ Monsters

Well it seems to be balanced up to now, taking a count that you have only 2 people in party first part of left side continent map :hswt: I used base monsters and communitys freebie ones and re coloured + tweaked stats so... Rabits,Rats,Bats,Bees and Spiders coming :LZScat: After i learn tweak stats etc decently balanced i try create more monsty monsters for later areas that use variable abilities in combat for now tought i stick with some simple ones.

Classes and party

Damiens class is done as well his skills, party size will be 4 since its bit easier to manage currently for me. Silaria will be Priestress, Miria Paladin and Lysanna is groups charming witch. One custom made and 3 basic classes which come with rtp. When i learn make classes and skills better i can make custom classes all of my charachters for coming parts of trilogy ? :wink::popcorn:

Prologue early beta is coming slowly together :rtea: After i make second part also ready of left side continent where prologue takes a place,i will upload it here to everyone try, give feedback or just spend a while for gigles and fun with the game. :LZSsmile:

KuunValo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finland
Primarily Uses
N/A
Small update of this month

I chosed rpg maker mv for part 1 Mysteries of Garius the beginning. Mostly cause its what i can afford currently + it has lot of guides etc here. I need to learn how it works from the scratch so ... :elswt2: now i cant estimate when i can start to make part 1 :rtear: But i have started to write story content, places and characters for it :LZScool:. Prologues locations are complete :rock-left: what left is mapping them and add enemies etc. I need to find middle boss for last of them and maybe some music ?.

Eventing

I still need to learn how to run another event after first one in second event page :LZSlol: more conversations, quests ?, moving to hide etc would be then possible to add. More versatile interaction in general as story progres.

Armors/Weapons and items.

I need to find a way to either create effects in custom item or see if i can find something in forums. Different kind of shirts, vests, swords for now, after test playing all locations i can add more to balance game if needed.

Here is Backround about world i have thought. Give me freely feedback about everythink so far and about world if you come up something :)

World of Garius

Landscape and travelling& arriving from other countries.

It is shaped by ancestor deities continent being very hard to travel with out their allowing it. Deities also decide who can travel by land or sea to continent of garius and those only those who they approve can arrive continent with out obstruction. There is forests, mountains and rivers as well hazardous lava. Spirit deities control land carefully creating unique climate.
Continent itself is green and has middle size ocean that is carefully isolated from bigger one that conects it to sea travel route by oceanic torrents and monsters that stops ships coming from other countries if they dont have permission arrive.
Continent is divided left, middle and right part which themself are divided by middle size ocean from each other. Shrine in which is located safe and heavily guarded location is only travellin method between them.

Races and inhabitants.

races of human, Spirits and monsters are living symbiotic co extinces and whew of the cities and towns have non aggressive pact when it comes from trading and living there.
Spirit and Monster race founding ancestors orginally created the pacts but not every monster agreed to this decision. Spirit saw the mutual beneficial that the pacts would bring in stability with balance for both sides. Human cities and towns ruling heads and elders were relieved since monster attacks would come more rare and economical stability would give them chance to grow.
Then there was Order of Shadowlords who didnt take sides and decided to observe for time being. They saw opportunity to gain power and grow, those sending most cunning and strong amongs them to mix near countries. Especially those who were half breed were picked and sended to either conquer or if country proved to be worth of effort infiltrate its power structure.
Present.

Founding ancestor of spirits Lady Melenarida and Lord of Shadows Myrtos orginally created the pacts that has lasted for centuries until now. Slowly some of monster race families are growing more aggressive, attacking human villages as well intruding old ruins and temples. Some kind of Dark unseen force is guiding them, making them more aggressive and stronger than usual.
So slowly getting there :LZSproud: i will regulary update progress here.

Last edited:

KuunValo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finland
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi all o/ here is little update about progress.

Mapping and eventing

Javascripting is kind of hard for me to get handle or do unfortunately for time being, not sure if can ever get hang of it but we see. Photoshop is something i consider try to get or maybe gimp, since it would make easier to customize map or make them more detailed/ nicer. Currently it seems i don't have opportunity to get them, so i use makers default mapping for unseen future. Multiple event page
running in sametime is well...kind of challange to do for me in my current skill lvl :elswt: So pretty much default and simple stuff what i can do for time being until i get better :LZSsmile: (so i will go pretty much with plugins :LZSwink:)

Story/ Dialogue

I have found custom window skinn for dialogue box and menu yay :LZYcool:. Being non native english speaker can make writing dialogue bit uh interesting :LZSlol: there are probably still quite a whew lines with missing , or .marks or maybe miss typed some words or putt off, at, them, wrong place. I do my best with handy finish english dictionary org website :LZSwink: There are some witty and humorous remarks now and then, bit of backstory dropping with simple events, barrels,bookshelf, drawers and some other objects have dialogue/comment pop ups when interacted.

Overworld /Game

Hmm this is something i need to still consider :LZYhuh: since i am not sure size limit of vx ace and mv how large world maps or how many maps in game total they can handle. Currently i am planning to break the game multiple parts, each of them is focusing different part of Garius continent. What i am currently working on ace is focusing East part of Garius continent, which is divided 2 Larger landscapes by medium size Lake which you can't cross via ship. Each landscapes have rivers dividing them several smaller parts.

Prologue first half is close to very early alpha ? i think, finishing the abandoned manor and Transfer Shrine mapping and Locations would be done. Play testing every location in first half + enemy encounters, then i can move second half. I am considering to export first half of prologue to playtest here if someone is interested, it is still very wip thought :LZSsmile:

KuunValo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finland
Primarily Uses
N/A
It has been a while and my creativity kinda hitted a block. But i have kinda kept trying different things for Mysteries of Garius. Trying to learn how to use Gimp so maps would be slightly more detailed for Mv:s parts that first one is already progres planning stage. Paralax mapping how ever using the gimp is on hold for time being since i have only kinda started it last month XD.

Overworld/Game

I did make bit of mapping general area for world map west part where prologues last events take place. It is still only raw sketched but gives me good picture how to progress story forward. East part is play tested twice to make sure i have managed to get encounters decently balanced and event are running as planned. They are only 2 page at max and simple ones thought :blush: story and event dialogues...conversations, what you find in drawers etc. Tried to make cool battle event but eh...kinda didnt get it run properly so had to scrap it until i do.:oops: not every locations end lead battle and maybe some humorous remarks can happen :wink:

Battles/ Events

I decided to try something different and have some middle boss fights at certain locations not always resolved or lead to battle against them :wink: Myg has some humor and irony and Unlike other usual rpg.s i try let players see Villain point of view how some not nesessarily always have interest conquer world or destroy kingdoms just because they can. Some events might be bit clumsy still but there should be about hmm 2-4 hours worth of content in east part locations at prologue.

Skills/ Spells

I have made some changes mc:s spells so they are at least bit of unique and even if they do some things same way like recovering hp with Dark Recovery. Priestres is still better healer and Paladin buffs are still better for phy def.

Abilities

Shadow Barrier
Shadow art to protect oneself or his allies
Raises Def and Mdef of party.
This increases physical and magical defense for 5 turns.

Shadow Fracture
Shadow art that cancels enemy enchantment.
This removes atk,def,matk,mdef,agi,Luck buffs which enemy has.

Shadow Aura
Shadow aura that strikes fear to enemies
Lowers all enemies Atk, Def and Agi.

Shadow Veil
Shadow aura that envelops oneself and his allies
Raises all allies Agi and Mevade.
This raises agi for 5 turns and adds magic reflection.

Shadow Empower
Shadow art to raise oneself or his allies offense
Raises Atk and Matk of all allies.
This raises physical,magical attack and luck for 5 turns.

Lords Domain
Shadow Lord aura creates domain around him.
Increases Max Hp, gives also Hp and Mp regen.

Sword Arts

Shadow Cross Cut
Shadow sword technique may cause paralyze
Does damage to one enemy.
This has 60% chance to add paralyze to enemy

Shadow Cross Slash
Shadow sword technique may add Silence
Does damage to all enemies.
This has 60% chance to add silence to all enemies

Shadow Ariasto
Shadow Sword technique Stylis quick draw attack
Does damage to all enemies randomly.
This hits 3 random enemies

Shadow Macabre
Shadow Sword technique, Damiens stylish ultimate.
He uses stylish sword combos to damage all enemies
This repeats twice for now. I change it back to once or add it repeats more once i have good grip how much damage enemies take every prologue locations bosses incluced.

Spells

Shadow Bolt
Shadow Elemental bolt attack
Does Lightning damage to one enemy.

Shadow Electrica
Shadow Elemental multiple bolt attack
Does Lightning damage to all enemies.
(aka electrocute every insect in your eyes spell :cool: XD. Ouer overlord favorite way to deal with anyone who annoys him. )

Shadow Gale
Shadow Elemental Wind blade attack
Does wind damage to one enemy.

Shadow Tornado
Shadow Elemental Wind blade barrage attack
Does Wind damage to all enemies.
(Ouer Overlord needs to way deal with flying worms so... he learned wind elemental attacks.)

I did make some flying enemies to take more damage from wind elemental spells. I am considering to do this for every enemy that player encounter to have some elemental weaknes. excample Rabi and Cave mouse which are beast type enemies taking more damage from fire elemental spels.

plain wasp having 20 % to stun and being 50 % resistant to wind elemental attacks. While Ruin Bat Has 20% to blind and being weak against wind elemental attacks. So there are some differences with every enemy that is encountered.

Currently These are all abilities/ skills and spells damien learns, i might add more or change current ones depending how they work overall. Unfortunatelly there arent Dark or Shadow animations for spells or skills so i changed them to elements that i can find animations currently. I might add 3 version of spells that is more powerfull than previous two but i have to see how party fares against current enemies in all locations.

Half of Prologue is done currently, which means that i can now focus second part and its areas/Locations. There are less of them since i am planning to give glifhanger for transition part 1 story:stickytongue: Not sure how i do it yet thought. If i am lucky i might get Prologues second part done near febuary of next year at earliest we shall see.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have been enjoying a game on my iPhone, called Wonderbox. It is just a little game where you create adventures, share them, whilst also being able to play others. It's a bit zelda-esque. I have started some youtube for those, gonna start with RPG maker things soon as well. So if you wish to see, do check it out :)
SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KoromoAmae