RMMZ My Idea

Nella102

Poggana
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My idea starts at the end of the story, rather than the beginning. Our characters are fighting a mysterious looking man in a throne in space, when suddenly one of his goonies knocks them out. You wake up on Earth. You go through normal areas, meet a friend, then suddenly you discover an area with an enemy too strong, and an animal flies you to another planet. From there, the main mechanic of the game is different Galaxies. For Example: You could visit Otterbain Galaxy, which would have otters you had to avoid. At the end, there would be a boss. Then, Closed Eye Galaxy would be unlocked.

Each galaxy has a special mechanic that seperates it from the others. For example, Otterbain Galaxy's theme would be otters. Closed Eye Galaxy could go really dark every once in a while. So on, so forth.

What do you think?

MichaelRIR

Niakat on Discord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Each galaxy having a different theme is cool. Go nuts! Making your own game is all about taking your vision and sharing it with others. You'll struggle to come up with any really complex ground breaking idea story line wise, but it's mechanics and theory crafting that can set you apart. Good luck!

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah Rick&Morty [fooly cooly/Cowboy Bebop] game sounds fun and imaginative lol. The space travel theme is a great theme. A lot of scifi fans will your game for sure. Good luck and surprise us with your creativity.

Last edited:

Dutchmountain

Engineering the impossible
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nella102 : I kind of like the idea of a game with different galaxies and traveling between different planets with different styles and creatures.

thecatinaction

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This sounds pretty interesting. What’s the sole purpose of going to each Galaxy? Are you searching for something or someone? Give a purpose for each Galaxy, maybe even take away something that could help you in the end.

Nella102

Poggana
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This sounds pretty interesting. What’s the sole purpose of going to each Galaxy? Are you searching for something or someone? Give a purpose for each Galaxy, maybe even take away something that could help you in the end.
The purpose of each galaxy is to give you the fuel to visit the next galaxies. Each also introduces a new character/ability.

thecatinaction

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The purpose of each galaxy is to give you the fuel to visit the next galaxies. Each also introduces a new character/ability.
Ah I see. Just thinking of what would keep me immersed in the story like I was actually living it. I would need a definitive reason to keep traveling, ya know? So gaining new powers and crew to help fight makes sense. But could still use some direction to keep it logical.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just curious, why did you go w/ visiting various Galaxies instead of various Planets? A single galaxy already contains billions of star systems and the intergalactic distance between any 2 galaxies is literally astronomical in scale. Our closest galactic neighbor, Andromeda, is over 2.5 MILLION light-years (LY) from our Milky Way galaxy. This is just my opinion, but I think you could have an entire planet with the features you describe. Like instead of "Otterbain Galaxy", you could have "Otterbain Planet". It's pretty unrealistic to have an entire GALAXY having the same theme when there are literally billions/trillions of planets in each galaxy. Also, it's pretty unrealistic to have an entire planet as a single theme, but it's a video game so it's fine lol. Real planets have weather and different climates/environments, and that's counting extreme planets like K2-141b, which has a liquid cycle just like Earth, except the liquid isn't water...it's lava. In fact, its atmosphere is also made of rock (gaseous SiO2) with wind speeds of ~1 mile per second! So yea, lava clouds...fun lol. I love all things space, so I'm really looking forward to your project! :kaohi:

thecatinaction

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just curious, why did you go w/ visiting various Galaxies instead of various Planets? A single galaxy already contains billions of star systems and the intergalactic distance between any 2 galaxies is literally astronomical in scale. Our closest galactic neighbor, Andromeda, is over 2.5 MILLION light-years (LY) from our Milky Way galaxy. This is just my opinion, but I think you could have an entire planet with the features you describe. Like instead of "Otterbain Galaxy", you could have "Otterbain Planet". It's pretty unrealistic to have an entire GALAXY having the same theme when there are literally billions/trillions of planets in each galaxy. Also, it's pretty unrealistic to have an entire planet as a single theme, but it's a video game so it's fine lol. Real planets have weather and different climates/environments, and that's counting extreme planets like K2-141b, which has a liquid cycle just like Earth, except the liquid isn't water...it's lava. In fact, its atmosphere is also made of rock (gaseous SiO2) with wind speeds of ~1 mile per second! So yea, lava clouds...fun lol. I love all things space, so I'm really looking forward to your project! :kaohi:
I agree with this, except having an entire Planet theme sounds fine. That’s not out of the ordinary I’m movies/games. Galaxies is extreme; Planets works much better.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucimountfort