My large map doesn't scroll all the way when you walk

ur4niumgl4ss

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings! I am super fresh to rpgmakerMV and I got this issue recently, basically, I am making a game about an island and I will be using some timer stuff so the entire island (minus the insides of buildings, etc) has to be on one big map, but for some reason, I cannot walk all the way across the map but only around a quarter of it, then it stops as if it just cut off there. When I put scroll type to loop both, it does mitigate this issue, but also then the map loops which I do not want to happen. The map itself is 68x78. (I hope this makes sense lmao)

Andar

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm guessing you're using a background picture instead of using a tile-based map?

That is called parallax mapping, and it has a number of additional requirements to work right.
1) the filename for the background has to start with a ! to disable the parallax (moving asynchronous background).
2) picture size in pixel = map size in tiles multiplied by tilesize (48)
3) maximum parallax size depends on computer RAM, it'll get laggy if too big and you won't be able to get it deployed to mobile (A parallaxed map needs about several thousand times the RAM compared to a tilebased map of the same size)

If you are a beginner I strongly suggest to work with tilebased maps first to get your feet into the basics before trying to go parallax mapping.

ur4niumgl4ss

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm guessing you're using a background picture instead of using a tile-based map?

That is called parallax mapping, and it has a number of additional requirements to work right.
1) the filename for the background has to start with a ! to disable the parallax (moving asynchronous background).
2) picture size in pixel = map size in tiles multiplied by tilesize (48)
3) maximum parallax size depends on computer RAM, it'll get laggy if too big and you won't be able to get it deployed to mobile (A parallaxed map needs about several thousand times the RAM compared to a tilebased map of the same size)

If you are a beginner I strongly suggest to work with tilebased maps first to get your feet into the basics before trying to go parallax mapping.
Oh thank you a bunch!! I am new to rpgmaker MV but I used VX Ace a bunch few years ago. The map was made with the 48-pixel tiles and everything in mind but turns out I forgot the ! on the name. I do not have plans on deploying it to mobile yet so that hopefully won't be an issue however I will probably downsize it because the character to environment ratio is ehh right now. Thank you again for the advice :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The site is being slow and funky again. IS SOMEONE CRAFTING POEMS?!
So yeah, @TRIDIUM @TESTOSTERONE, I wuz like, "What do they mean by borderline and boundaries?"

And then, y'all know this girl?

actress1.png

alice_bikini.png

The clothes? They're just a, um, quick edit. :kaoswt:
I've uploaded the opening cutscene from my game to my channel. It basically introduces us to the first three characters, and what their relationships are:
Cosmic Inferno: Opening dialogue
I don't want to start a panic...but everyone, check the color of your milk!
IMG_20231002_082329.jpg
My One Map Challenge is nearing completion. I am in the multiple run testing phase atm. This is the map. Beware the minotaurs in the maze area. The female ones are more aggressive. Can you prove to the land of Winchell that a dragon and a human can love each other?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodi_Venus