Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
pEPf7iz.png

This is a fan-made project, that is not associated with Hasbro, Inc. in any way.
The creator of this project will never make any money in any way from it.
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the property of Hasbro, Inc..

TMyiNhB.png

bNlYjr2.png

This is a fanmade Local Multiplayer Ponified Kid-Friendly Turn Based RPG based on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic TV series.

aOSj4X1.png

A unicorn pony, Twilight Sparkle receives a very important mission from Princess Celestia, the ruler of the magical land of Equestria.
She and her assistant, a baby dragon named Spike are sent to Ponyville, where her task will be to meet other ponies and study about the Magic of Friendship.
With their new friends, they'll go on adventures and solve various problems.

ie51hZ0.png

6xNmzqs.png
Twilight Sparkle
A book-loving unicorn pony with extraordinary magical abilities. Represents the element of Magic.
> high magical power and resistance
> high MP

kWfAXTx.png
Rainbow Dash
An action-loving colorful pegasus pony. Represents the element of Loyalty.
> high speed
> weather control (elemental abilities)

yMJe02r.png
Pinkie Pie
An extremely energetic and sociable earth pony. Represents the element of Laughter.
> high speed
> explosive abilities!
> party-buffing singing abilities

hczcfpn.png
Applejack
A brave, reliable, strong and mature earth pony. Represents the element of Honesty.
> high physical power and defense
> high HP
> party-buffing abilities
> lack of magical abilities
> low magic resistance

26IaOMg.png
Rarity
A unicorn pony with good manners and love for beauty. Represents the element of Generosity.
> magical abilities dealing physical or magical damage
> party-protecting abilities

RCuyffo.png
Fluttershy
A kind and shy, with love for animals pegasus pony. Represents the element of Kindness.
> low HP
> doesn't attack on her own - animal-calling abilities
> healing abilities
> party-buffing abilities

8iLHFOh.png

V3TJ0Sf.png

8pKZOtI.png

fcQ7PEY.png

nUroxzZ.png

ePK3qzx.png

gBPlRt0.png

MCb1yAt.png

fUIgy9c.png

wD2taHY.png

yFn1kr3.png

gRH6s0G.png

c5F1lA4.png

0QPnvSX.png

UtVVv4u.png

2a9Jvo2.png

Outdated Battle System - It will be completely remastered
vrfUqnt.png

9SXANWA.png

a1XDE5e.png

5GPoZNo.png

♥ PONIES!
Discover the Magic of Friendship!

♥ Story and events heavily based on the TV series
What happened in the show, will happen in the game along with RPG elements and additional plot.
Didn't watch the show? Don't worry, you'll absolutely not get lost because of that!
However, as the show can spoil the game, the game can spoil the show.

♥ Local Multiplayer (up to 2 players)
Discovering the Magic of Friendship with a real friend or siblings will be better, than doing that alone!
Explore Equestria, solve puzzles and fight together!

♥ Energetic Battle System
As everything will be based on hit-boxes, each skill will have different usage.
A single projectile will be better against singular large enemies,
while Area of Effect will perform better against multiple smaller enemies.
Besides that, the projectiles may have different behavior dependable on skill.

Some skills may also have interaction involved, like timed action,
chain of buttons or simple button mashing when casting powerful abilities such as Twilight's Magic Nova.

♥ Each pony has a set of unique skills
As each pony is different as the night is from the day, their abilities and specialties are different as well!

♥ Skill Tree
Each pony will have a different path, gain experience to improve or learn new abilities.

♥ Skill Assign System
Each pony can assign 8 abilities, either active or passive.
A good combination of active and passive skills may give decent (even unexpected) results.

♥ Custom graphics / HUDs / Interface / Maps / Gameplay - Very low amount of RTP stuff!
RTP absolutely doesn't match the theme anyway.

♥ Resource gathering and crafting
Collect materials to craft equipment;
Combine equip-able gems to get better-quality ones;
Collect herbs and plants to allow Zecora brew potions.

♥ Many cutscenes and events
...Even too many.
Take a break and relax for awhile.

♥ Songs!
Your favorite songs from the show will appear here as well!

♥ Minigames and Puzzles
Various minigames and solving puzzles to keep the boredom away!

♥ More PONIES!
... When you'll think, that you saw everypony already.

1SIhLw4.png

This game features one Original Track!

Fp8tmw9.png

► LAST UPDATED: 31.08.2016
The project has been re-booted in the past, so many things were removed or remastered. As a result, a new credit list has been made. I'm sincerely sorry if your name disappeared, but I still really appreciate the help that you've gave me back then - I'll still remember you. I know it's my and only my fault. It may seem that your work has been wasted, but it helped me understand things before, so even though it may be not in the game, it will remain in my knowledge.

Ftuipao.png

Rikifive 
OGuN6Ta.gif
The Ruler of This Project
Shiggy 
dlz1DJR.gif
 Scripting Consultant

BETA TESTS SIGN UPS -
BlissAuthority [Proofreading]

Op5t7LQ.png

k6TxmXS.png
 BlackLiquidSorrow
k6TxmXS.png
 DShou
k6TxmXS.png
 MLPRPGMakerResources
k6TxmXS.png
 Pix3M
OGuN6Ta.gif
Rikifive
k6TxmXS.png
 RadiantKitsune
k6TxmXS.png
 Zacatron94

RD3Vfsq.png

o36zGsi.png

Dd3mAxb.png

OGuN6Ta.gif
Rikifive [ A Hoof on Scripts ]
dlz1DJR.gif
Shiggy [ Script Consultant & Major Script Support ]
k6TxmXS.png
Hime - Data Backup, Follower Touch, 8-dir Movement
k6TxmXS.png
Moghunter - Anti-lag, Menu Cursor
k6TxmXS.png
Neon Black - CP Passive Skills
k6TxmXS.png
Sixth - Custom Parameters
k6TxmXS.png
Yanfly - Event Chase
k6TxmXS.png
Yami - Skill Equip

icLmUuy.png

dlz1DJR.gif
Shiggy - for offering help with scripting
k6TxmXS.png
Silenity - for giving me a spare key for RMVXAce
k6TxmXS.png
Rissquette - for making a track on my request ("Hoof It")
k6TxmXS.png
Sixth - for helping with scripting
k6TxmXS.png
KockaAdmiralac - for helping with scripting
k6TxmXS.png
DigiDeity - for helping with scripting
k6TxmXS.png
DoubleX - for helping with scripting
k6TxmXS.png
Evgenij - for helping with scripting
k6TxmXS.png
Nataxinus - for helping with scripting

K8zLzl6.png

Not available yet.

zGYsxGl.png

You can support this game by taking this icon!

This icon is filled with magic, which indicates development progress of the game!
Take that icon to your signature and watch how the magic in it is growing!
To take that icon, simply highlight it and copy & paste to your signature.

This will fill your signature with MAGIC!

You can also support the game by simply taking this banner with you!

Last edited by a moderator:

VirusChris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh cool! You're making a MLP RPG... this should be interesting. So far I'm liking what I'm seeing especially with how many custom GUI and sprites you have there so far. You planning on showing us what the towns will look like soon enough? I'm curious to see.

Also you're going for an Active Time Battle Side-View Battle System? That's so sweet going by the screenshot, though I'm a little confused on some of the stats, what's EP used for and what's LP? Also what's the "Magic of Friendship" gauge used for? The Elements of Harmony for battle? Not to mention you're limited to only two characters in battle at any given time so I assume you can switch them out back and forth in the heat of battle between your 6 starting characters. I like to get more details and information on how the battle works and the stats.

So does the events of the game's story cover up to Season 1 or 2 and will it mostly be an original story? I don't mind, I like to see what you come up with for this game. Also it seems you plan to release an English version considering the old out of date screenshots, and some of the newer ones, are in a different language... forgive me if I can't tell right away but is that French or German? Sorry I'm not sure, I really need to look at other languages a bit, sorry if I offended you in anyway for the confusion.

By the way what scripts are you using? The Luna Engine on top of it? I might keep on eye on it, but I vastly prefer XP in terms of mapping and visual flexibility.

So I hope I wasn't a bother, but I really look forward to this project. Good luck!

VirusChris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Aw man, it seems like my previous post never got authorized to be posted... but again I guess that's my fault for making that my second post the moment I registered. :(

Well I guess I'll try to remember what I said before and re-post again.

So a MLP RPG game, huh? This looks rather impressive and beautiful and I'm loving the custom UI you have for it as well. It's most definitely using VX Ace to make the game. So judging from your game's initial info here you have the Mane 6 as the main party members, but you might have more later on? Also seeing as you have an original story going for it you also mentioned events from the show itself. Will you cover up to Season 1 or 2 of the series' show? Kinda curious about that.

Going back the screenshot for the battle scenes you're going with an Active Time Side-View Battle System which I love! It also seems that you're limited to only 2 characters at a time and I assume you can change them in and out of battle with the other members of the 6 starting party members for it, right? Is there a reason you have it set up like this? I have to ask as I'm not too sure about this but what is EP for? As well as LP? And what's the "Magic of Friendship" gauge on the side as well? To use the powers of the Elements of Harmony or something else? Need more info on it, considering you have both HP and MP listed there by default.

I get Bits are the main currency, but what's Gems for? For trading in special items? Mighty cool to see mini-games in RPGs, I always liked the small little extra to make the game more fun and lot more to do, so how many do you have planned for so far?

Also what's the town going to be like? I haven't seen a screenshot of what the fields are going to be like yet and I'm curious, considering making 4 direction sprites for the ponies will be interesting to see. And speaking of screenshots I've noticed the newer ones have English text for the Main Menu, but the older ones are in a different language along with some of the battle scenes having them still. Forgive me if I can't tell right away, but is that French or German? I apologize if I offended you in anyway if I couldn't tell right away, I need to brush one learning what other language looks like first.

So I take it the game will be available in multiple languages for a lot of people to try out? That's pretty cool. Can't wait to try out the demo of your game when it's ready.

Sorry for bothering you with my questions, but I'm really curious to want to know more about your game.

Honestly kinda like to see a MLP RPG where the player takes on the role of a new pony character and interacts with the cast... if your current MLP RPG is a great success, you plan on making another one? If you're interest in doing a sequel or a new game, that is...

Well take care!

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
@VirusChris there's no problem about asking questions, I'm glad you're interested ~ you can even suggest some things to make it better ~ I'm open for suggestions. =)

Glad you liked UI and stuff! This is only the beginning, I'm planning to change everything even more ~ I'm still working on the main menu screen.

Yes, the main characters will be the Mane 6 and I'm planning to add more ~ I think Trixie will be the first additional pony ~ and of course to make many unlockable ponies, but that are plans, I'm not sure how it will turn out ~ we'll see. =)

I'm planning to cover all of the seasons ~ from 1 to 4 and probably even the fifth ~ but kinda only the most important parts, because making the whole show as a game could be boring for some players. I'm planning to make something like intermissions, where there will be events based on TV show during that 'main quest', especially bosses would be based on TV show ~ the openings and endings of each season... ~~~ something like this... I'm really not sure how it will turn out, so we'll see. What I can say for now is that, I'm planning to make the first and the second episode of the first season as a 'prologue' ~ Mane 6 will go through the 'Everfree Forest' (where they will be fighting with timberwolves) and there will be a boss battle with Nightmare Moon in 'Castle of the Two Sisters' at the end. ~ and I'm not sure what to do later to make it good, so I can't say much for now.

There are 2 active ponies, because I'm aiming to make a local-multiplayer game, so kinda you'll be able to share your ponies with somebody (play with friend etc.) ~ there are serious problems with that, but I really hope it will be possible at the end.

You will be able to change your ponies anytime (outside the battle), except for some events, where the ponies can be separated for a short time.

I was thinking about putting all of them (Mane 6) into battle, but that would make the battle a little messy and less tactical. ~ I'm still wondering if there should be 2 or 4 active ponies ~ this might be changed, but I really don't know.

EP - stands for 'Energy Points' ~ It's used mainly when using physical skills. Unicorns will use mainly MP; Pegasus will use more or less both and Earth Ponies will focus mainly on EP. You gain EP when performing actions or taking damage ~ nothing special.

LP - stands for 'Learning Points' ~ You gain a certain amount of LP after battles. LP is used to learn new, more powerful skills.

'Magic of Friendship' gives buffs, like temporary ATK UP etc. (subject to change - the idea with using elements of harmony sounds really great) when it fills up (performing actions / dealing damage).

I'm still changing/configuring many things and I think 'gems' will be removed at the end ~ it will be replaced with many kinds of gems (as items in inventory), from which you'll be able to craft some stuff or sell it? ... Something like this, I'll ask Rarity what she things about it.

There are 2 minigames at the moment (by community of course *and ponified by me* xD) ~ I'm planning to make more minigames via eventing, but I really don't know if they'll be good enough ~ We'll see. (I'm planning to make a puzzle game *I'm wondering on making it special, not just boring common puzzle stuff*)

The 'Ponyville' will be made using Parallax Maps. Friend of my sisters is a good artist and she will take care of that ~ This is definitely the most difficult part, because I want to recreate Ponyville as much as possible. There will be even 'Canterlot' and 'Crystal Empire' - making these will be really challenging.

The other language displayed on screenshots is the 'Polish Language' - It's my first language, since I'm living in Poland. =P And don't worry, there are so many languages, so it's hard to know which one is which. It's fine, how I could be offended by that? =)

There are still some things left in not English Language (on screenshots), because I'm translating that now and preparing files to make them support multiple languages.

As for now ~ I'm planning to make (Fully*) English and (Fully*) Polish versions of that game. My English is still not perfect and it's better to not talk about the other ones. =P

I would love to release this in other languages as well, but I'll need help with translating that. (Perhaps it will support even more languages in future ~ I just will need help)

*Fully - That means Text, HUD/UI etc. and voices will be translated as well, not just text.

The demo will not be released quickly - I'm still changing many things (configuring, designing HUD/UI and stuff) and I'm waiting for these maps (Ponyville) ~ rl makes it kinda harder for me.

Once more ~ there's no problem about asking questions, I'm really glad you're interested in that. =)

I really don't know about making next game ~ The current one will take so much time to complete. but I think there's no point on making a sequel for that game ~ I always can release a some kind of update, when next season will appear or something. If I would have to do next game ~ I'm thinking of making a visual-novel-adventure-ponified game with touching story ~ I have an great idea for that... At least I think so... Well it's hard to tell anyway, we'll see what the future will be like. =P

It all depends on rl, because I'm wasting my life now working on a free *silly* =P game instead of looking for a job etc. The 'freedom' will not last forever ~ I'm even afraid if I'll be able to finish the current project. There is so much work and I'm only making problems for future.

Thank you for support! =) If you have any questions and suggestions, then feel free to share them with me. Everything can be changed to make it perfect. =)

VirusChris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, I see. That's quite interesting though you plan on adding ALL the season? That's going to be a lot of work, though I suspect that Twilight will gain her Alicorn form upon the end of Season 3 events? If you're going up to 4 or 5 it seems.

I see, that's interesting and makes sense with the local multiplayer and that's really cool. Kinda like the Tales Of series where other people can join in and control the other Party Members in battle. Though you're capable of playing alone like normal, right, and not forced to do the multiplayer mode with others? So you can't change characters mid-battle, I see.

So that's what EP and LP are for. The LP reminds me of the "Limit Points" from that one script where you gain another type of EXP from enemies which you use to learn new active and passive skills. I liked that idea and script a lot that I want to use it in one of my games and once you learned all skills you can use the "Limit Points" and exchange them for money and/or special items so it's not just sitting there collecting dust.

Well I thought the Gems at first were going to be used to trade-in special items you couldn't get anywhere or you could use it for making special dresses that Rarity makes for Side-Quests and you gain some special items or new skills you can only obtain from this. Maybe just another normal type of Side-Quest then.

So only two mini-games so far? Maybe add in a racing type one between Rainbow Dash and Applejack (where the two players can compete with each other for fun) or even add in a Pinkie Pie rock hopping mini-game (ala Frogger-type sort of game) where she has to jump safety onto rocks to get to the other side while avoiding obstacles and animals in the way. Oh! You could even add in farming a bit with AJ's family where they grow other crops along with apples and you can earn some healing and buff food item from here, saving you money or selling them.

Heck you can have a Crafting System where you can make food items yourself at Sugercube Corner or Sweet Apple Acres Farm by collecting recipes and going to the kitchen to make them. That's always fun, right?

Parallax Maps, huh? I never used RPG Maker VX and Ace or actually I haven't touched those in a LONG time so I'm unfamiliar how those are setup, I would LOVE to recreate my favorite places from other series or make my own original tilesets though VX and VX Ace really made that complicated they it needed to be. I wish your friends good luck and I can't wait to see how the maps turn out and exploring them! ^_^

Ah, it was Polish... well I was close on what Country the language was from. ^^;

Well anyway very cool you're going to do both an English and Polish version of the game, that should be fun! Though what do you mean by "voices" will be translated as well? Are... are you planning on adding in voice actors for your game? That's so cool if that's true!  :D

I see, well I'm continue to ask questions if something comes up if you don't mind. Maybe throw in some more ideas and suggestion.

So you might do updates for your current game, that's cool as well. Was thinking of doing something like that for one of my game ideas as well.

And if you do plan on a next game it will be a Visual Novel-type one? Haha... funny, I have a MLP Visual Novel idea I plan on doing using dinoBuilder to make it (though if the features I'm looking for aren't added yet via update I might switched back to Ren'py) where the player is the main character and you select which race you are (Earth Pony, Pegasus, Unicorn... and after you beat the game with all three races you unlock the Alicorn option) and you select your gender as well. Not only that you pick what colors your character's eye, mane (both main and highlight if you want two colors), body, and if you say you wear clothes (you're limited to a few chooses) you pick the clothing's colors as well. Characters will refer to the colors you have like "Hey you, the black-haired mane Pegasus there! Can you come over here for a second?" and some dialogue changes depending on your race and colors.

Though your characters is never seen as it's left to the imagination of the player of what their OC looks like and for people who do Let's Play walkthrough to show other viewers what kinda of character they picked. Their cutie mark... well I'm debating whether they start off with a blank flank (the story is the player is a human from another world called to Equestria to help protect it) or they start off with one and it's vaguely refer to, to allow the player to be anything they want. I'm still brainstorming how the story will go considering I originally wanted Tirek to be the main Antagonist who returned with his original backstory before Season 4 Finale changed that so I'm thinking of an entirely original Antagonist exclusive to my Visual Novel idea.

Well I digress,I'll talk about that later.

Anyway I understand real life issues getting in the way to make a game in your spare time, but when you finally get your game done and finished it's a great feeling isn't? I look forward to the day when this game is completed! Good luck on your project and I'll keep an eye on its progress. See ya next time!

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
I'm planning to make the most important parts of all seasons ~ I think players could get bored by stuff from some episodes ~ I'll have to watch the whole MLP from the very beginning and decide, which episodes could be used in RPG... I was thinking of remaking the whole TV Show into a game, but I'm afraid it would be boring (I would love to play something like this, though I think many people will found that boring). Of course Twilight will gain her Alicorn form, there's no other way! =)

Also, there would be optional acts: EQG & RR and perhaps even the third one. These acts will be different, more story based and only some fights with different battle system. (especially for RR ~ it'll be kinda music based ~ I have some idea, but I don't know how hard it will be to implement that)

You will be able to change to singleplayer / multiplayer anytime, so you can start playing alone, then play some time with friend etc., and then again play alone ~ it's up to you! =) At least that's a planned feature, because there are some issues with that, but I'll be fighting for that until it will be done, even if I would need to make script like this by myself, which would take so much time. xD I'm not sure about changing ponies in mid-battle, I'm still thinking about that... I'm not sure if that would be compatible with all the stuff, I'm using... Or perhaps that would be easier to do than I think... To be honest I don't know at the moment... =P

I think I'll add a possibility to exchange LP for stat increase (like STR etc.), so it will be always useful.

I wanted to make second currency (gems) but I think it will be better, if players could simply collect many types of gems in inventory and then use them for crafting and some other stuff.

Nice ideas for minigames! The 'farming' one really sounds good ~ I'll see what I can do. =)

That's clever, I guess there will be many items etc. to collect then. I guess I'll have so much work on making icons for that stuff. xD

I also can't wait too see that! ~ I'm kinda planning the overall look and the map of it, she's doing the graphics for that. =)

When it will be ready ~ I'll spend so much time just on exploring and wandering through Ponyville. xD

Sadly I don't have 'voice actors' for that, voices will be present in 'bigger' events (from TV show) and songs of course. =P I wish it would be possible... =P

OK, no problem, feel free to ask or suggest anything you want. =)

I think the game will take so much time, that the fifth season will be fully released and translated to other languages as well, so perhaps there even will be no need for updates, but we'll see. =P

That are some nice features here!

Hmm.. My idea is kinda similar, I wanted to make a story about a human, who dreamed about the whole Pony stuff, because his life was really bad (you know, Equestria is a happy place) and he finally managed to get to Equestria and live happily, but it's not that beautiful as it seems ~ not gonna say more, because that would ruin everything. =P

~~~~~ That's funny, because at first place this game (that one on the topic) also has Tirek as the main Antagonist ~ and I wanted to make that game kinda like Diablo 1 ~ going down through many floors until meeting and fighting with Tirek ~ but was not that clever and I decided to make that project 'bigger' and stuff. xD

=P

Yeah, that will be great feeling, because I'll have so much fun playing that with my brother! xD

Thank you for all the best wishes and the support you gave me, I'll do my best to not let you down! Thank you! and see you around! =)

VirusChris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh cool! It's always fun to have extra stuff! I know the developers didn't want "humans" in the MLP world but they kinda did (and some outside official material like the card games mention Twilight telling all the ponies in Ponyville about the Human World... and that Lyra was the most intrigued by it) though through different dimensions. Though I wonder how tall a human is compared to the Ponies of Equestria? So how will you be doing the EQG one considering you plan on doing a music battle one for RR (like Parappa the Rapper for the PS1?). Like a time-based events you have to clear or lots of Side-Quests to get the students on Twilight's side?

Well cool on the SP and MP... but that's tied to battles only, right? Sure be interesting.

I never thought of using the LP like that... so on top of learning both active and passive skills, I can use it to boost their stats by one (but not being too easy as you can seriously OP the cast really quickly... so I'm thinking 10,000 LP to increase one stat by 1 and the max LP you can have is 999,999 so you can increase one stat by 90 points (my game has the parameters go up to either 999 or 9999)), exchange your LP for items and money so that LP is never useless once you max out a character.

I guess that makes more sense to have different types of Gems for selling, crafting, and trading in for quests instead of a second currency. More... perhaps you can have a second currency for perhaps a special shops or game centers where you have "Tokens" to use to get rare-to-get or imported items for the special shop or if you go with a Game Center with other mini-games located like Basketball, Soccer, Horseshoe Toss (like a Carnival) and you win rare prizes but you need Tokens to play. Just a thought.

Hmm... well seeing as we got a Rainbow Dash, RD and AJ, and Pinkie Pie mini-game ideas here perhaps some for the other Mane 6? Like with Fluttershy you have to feed the right food for her little critters within the set amount of time, Twilight and/or Spike do book shelving mini-game where you have to place the books in the right category cause you know how Twilight is, Applejack with Apple Bucking the Apple Trees (hey, that could be the first mini-game in the game!) and the amount of apples you get you keep for yourselves, Trixie does her magic show and you have to press the right button or the right combination of buttons to really dazzle Trixie's audience with her great and powerful magic and keep the Cheer Level high.

Hmm... I suppose completing these mini-games could net you some EXP, Bits, and the second currency if you wish.

Makes me wonder how big Ponyville will be compared to Canterlot and the Crystal Empire. Not to mention areas like the Everfree Forest, the Castle of the Two Sisters, the Tree of Harmony's room, Appleoosa, Diamond Dog's tunnels, Cloudsdale... come to think of it there's going to be a lot of areas you're going to have to cover. And the inside of shops too... though that makes me more excited to see what you guys come up with.

So you're going to "burrow" scenes from the show and add in "animated cutscenes" for the game? Well would've been cool to find people to provide fandubs for the cast, but that's alright.

If you're going to cover all 5 (current) seasons I wonder how the ultimate end-game boss is? Speaking of end-game will there be optional secret bosses too?

The features for my MLP Visual Novel game idea? Why thank you... I like to immense the players into the world of MLP: FiM and give them quite a bit of customization options (who doesn't like it?) even though you're "ultimately a good guy" like Sonic was in the Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood RPG by Bioware and SEGA. Though I might make another route where you go evil if there's enough demands for it, but you do have a lot of choices to say that will either be in good graces with the cast or don't quite agree with you.

I plan to add romance in the VN where the player can date one of their favorite characters, but for female players it's going to be a problem as there's a lack of many male characters in the story (my game has straight-pairings, I've seen some MLP VN in the works with same gender relationship but I'm keeping my the straight pairing route as that's what I have planned for the stories... plus seen too many good stories with pairings of the girls (Mane 6 or otherwise) and I've getting a little tired of seeing it). Then there's an addition ending on top of the normal one if you max out your relationship with the cast... there's romancing the girls if you're a boy or you bromance the dudes and have a Best Friend ending (closest to some people wanting same gender pairing) and the same rule applies vice versa.

That is indeed funny to see that we have similar ideas, however I was using the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon as a base for the story as I loved the aspect of a human going into a Pokemon world and transforming into a Pokemon. I played Gates to Infinity and wanted to use that concept the most in terms of story, though I'm going to make more original story plans. Originally it was going to be a dark Genie-looking creature that summoned the player to Equestria until he got hijack by a Unicorn who wants the world to end and make it seem like the Unicorn was in trouble by the Dark Genie-like creature... but it was a placeholder and I've gotten rid of it. Now it's Starswirl the Bearded himself who summons the player (though you don't meet him first, it's Twilight at the Castle of the Two Sisters where you first look into the mirror and you pick the colors of your mane, eye, body color, and clothing color (if clothing is on), and after meeting Twilight and her friends you run into Starswirl himself in the Everfree Forest with Discord and that's the end of the Prologue). The main Antagonist is a character inspired by the events of the show of a certain episode and from another popular MLP VN that sadly seems to have been canceled.

Well I'm getting off-topic... if you wish to know more I don't mind sending you PMs about it.

Anyway I hope to see an update soon on your game! ^_^

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Yup, that stuff is kinda confusing. =P ~ It's hard to tell anything at the moment, I don't want to say things, that I'm not even sure about... I'm really don't know how it will look like nor if it will be kinda possible to implement.

I'm planning also to add the possibility, to make both players travel on map. I'll do my best to implement that.

Of course it will be balanced, I don't like when something is OP etc. =)

Hmmm... We'll see how it turn out.

These are interesting ideas, I was even thinking about making minigames like this by myself ~ when most of the important things will be ready, I'll start to adding more minigames over time ~ we'll see. =P

I'll see how everything will look like when some stuff will be ready and I'll think what to do with some things then. =P

Yup, I'm planning to cover all of that stuff... I hope it'll be fine, though I'm not sure as this is my first game ever and I'm not an artist after all... There is even possibility that this game will turn out kinda silly.

Something like this ~ getting the voice actors would be hard, especially when I'm aiming to release that game in at least two languages. Imagine how many people I'd need to search for / recruit to make it all real. Perhaps if the game reaches a success, I'll try to make it better then... It's still a kinda silly game being made by one person with a little help. =P

As for now I don't know who will be the ultimate final boss ~ We'll see what season 5 will bring to us. ~~~~~ I'm planning to add optional secret bosses, that would allow you to acquire some unique skills... But we'll see.

You're right! ~ This sounds really good.

Well there are some male characters ~ Shining Armor lol right, Prince Blueblood (lol =P ), Big McIntosh, Flash Sentry, perhaps Cheese Sandwich xD ~ well it's always something. xD The idea is cool I must admit. =P

Sounds neat. =)

If you want to talk about / share something, then feel free to drop me a PM, there's no problem.

Thank you! but I think the update will not come that fast as I'm still configuring system etc. =P

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
pdrev92.png

It's not that much, but I'm happy to announce that this game features one Original Track so far! Thanks to Rissquette for performing that track!

VirusChris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ooh! What an excellent battle theme for a MLP RPG! ^_^

Has a bit of a Christmas vibe to it at the beginning, but sounds pleasant. This a relaxing and easygoing pace of a battle theme, for those "not so serious" normal battles.

As the game continues on with a more serious threat appearing while you add in a more "fast-beat, action-pace" theme (something even Rainbow Dash will say that's as awesome as her) for a theme? Can't wait to hear what boss themes you got for the game as well.

Give my regards to Rissquette for making an amazing track! What program did they use to make the sound track? FL Studio?

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
That's right, I'm planning to use that track in early stages of game. =)

To be honest - he did a really great job here as a 'non-brony' person if you know what I mean. I'm sure it was quite challenging and awkward to fulfill my request. =P

Of course, there will be many battle themes etc. including more intensify ones. =)

Done! =)

~ I asked him, let's wait for reply. =]

WtvmtpT.png

Yes, he uses FL Studio.

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh,ho,ho! A fellow mlp fan AND game maker! I would so love to be able to  chat with ya some time :3

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
I guess I'm ponifying this forum. ^^

There's no problem! Feel free to drop me a PM whenever you want! /)

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My daughter just seen your signature and made me go to this thread and read her your whole post. She approves of your game concept. :)

Not sure how much that means coming from a 5 yr old, but yea... :p

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
To be honest, that really means a lot for me, since I'm making a totally-kid-friendly game so... I have on mind, that mature people can laugh at me/my project, (since it may look silly for them, you know - grown up interested in... well...) while the younger can be more supportive. I'm really glad she liked that and I hope I'll be able to make her smile. (=

Sorry for making her bring you there and watch all of this though. =P

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Lol, dont worry about it, I sit and watch MLP with her all the time, I think they are good little moral stories ^_^

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
I never thought I'll be watching such a thing. I started watching that let's say accidentally, but it's a long story, which nobody cares about. xD

The weird thing about this show is the fact, that there are so many hidden themes, which only adults can understand. Kids will even don't notice a thing. That's why (surprisingly) that show got so many adult (mostly male) viewers. I still can't believe I'm liking what I like though, it's like a curse.

You're a good father then, I think not many could handle such a thing (sacrifice manliness) for their daughter.  ^^

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like this and want to Play it.

But i believe rpgmaker web will take this down because its a Fangame with Grafics we dont own the rights for.

Hasbro maybe doesnt do anything as long it doesnt go mmo or direct online Game, but even thats not for 100% sure.

So everywhere i read in this Forums Fangames are not allowed, and here i see Awesome Fangame.

I would like if you continue on it, but we the others want to make Fangames of MLP too, without fearing of getting Banned on this Forum.

Is that possible?

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Why, thank you!

I'm really not sure how that works, but I'm not 100% if RMWeb takes any responsibility for games posted in here, they're only hosting them and eventually take down if they'll be totally illegal and stuff (pirating, pure rip offs-stealing). What I mean is, they don't know if I have the rights or not (Perhaps I have a permission from Hasbro?), so how can they take responsibility if some information is kept personal. Though I might get into the trouble, not these forums.

But I'm not going to lie - I don't have that permission, at least 'yet', so I might get C&D from them anytime.

Hasbro is tolerant to fan base stuff until it goes way overhyped (making mmo and online games are considered as 'overhyped' and are kind of prohibited I think).

Well, forums can't answer the questions 100% accurately, because it really depends on companies. Each has their own rules, though in general making fangames is illegal - that's where the forums are right. But if you'll stick to some rules and don't go wild with the project, you should be fine... But I'm honestly not sure how that all works.

I'll continue my work on this project, I spent sooooo much time on this and if that would be halted I'd... I don't know what I'd do to be honest . . .

but I'm totally wasting my life at the moment, so I'll get into the trouble anyway.

I have other objective than creating a 'great' game, I just want to make a good game, that will bring fun and stuff to the others, I don't need anything else.

I don't think you'll get banned for making a fangame of MLP, since making fanbase stuff of it isn't 'that prohibited' and as I said, they can't know if I have that agreement or not - I'm taking the full responsibility for stuff I'm posting on the internet.

Of course I can be mistaking, but if they would take any responsibilities, then I think they wouldn't approve that game at all.

And thank you for your opinion! (=

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
pdrev92.png

After a long time of silence, I finally made some progress!

Sadly, no progress with the main story/game was made, but a Minigame is good too right? (=

I would like to introduce - "Sky Dash" the Minigame! (=

"Sky Dash" is a minigame, that will appear in full game, but since there is still so much work on the main game (story), I will release at least that minigame for now.
So what is this, you may ask?
It's an arcade shooter (Heavily improved Galv's Invaders Minigame).

What if features?
● Ponies!
● Local Multiplayer!

● More Bonuses!
● More Weapons!
● More Specials!
● More Enemies!
● Different Stages!
● Improved Base Systems - Difficulty is now capped and it's (barely) handle-able when on maximum - No more Uncontrollable Total Spam of Enemies!
● Bosses (Planned Feature)
● Even More Planned Features! - You can leave a suggestion!

Screenshots
Worked so hard on that map and UI! =3
Obyu1Sn.png

What are the bars up here for?
SlRer41.png

It's still a Work In Progress and things may change.
Feel free to leave suggestions and opinions!
Do you have your Crystal Heart? The bar turned green! It now shows the progress of this minigame, so keep an eye on it!
That's all for now! =3

Also, I need help from you all.
I'm wondering how many 'active members' should be in party. Currently there are two active members (because I'm also thinking what would be good in local multiplayer.
On what I'm wondering, is if I should increase that to four active members (In local coop, each player could choose 2 ponies)

So I'm wondering which one should I choose...:
2 Active members (current)
In local multiplayer mode - each player has a pony to control
Slower battles ~ more tactical
+ Ease of control ~ each player has only one pony to watch
- Harder decisions - each pony has their own abilities and specials (picking two buff/healing ponies may be problematic)
- Many not used ponies - So many ponies in party, only two can be chosen at once. =<
- Worse party organisation - combining ponies is the key - some combinations may be totally bad (may be a problem in a local coop mode?)

4 Active members
● In local multiplayer mode - each player has 2 ponies to control
● Faster and more energetic battles ~ a little more chaotic gameplay
+ More 'used' ponies ~ you can more easier combine healing/buff ponies, with the active (offensive) ones
+ More ponies to choose! =3
+ More fun! ^^

I'll appreciate any feedback! What do you think? (=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.
One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here
Mr_Petue wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Mr_Petue wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miniseukeoteu