My manga room (3,000+ books plus figurines)

sura_tc

Loner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
Other
Excuse for sometimes-out of focus photos. The room isn't exactly well lit and that's intentional.

This is my manga room where I've been collecting manga/manwha books for about 30 years. I've also collected few figurines and dabbled into diorama making as well which you will see.
In early 1980s, Korea was very anti-Japan, so it was hard to get a hold of uncensored verisons of Japanese manga. I even dipped into illegal manga trades during that period. Fun times.

I am sure you are aware of 2B from Nier Automata if you are into JRPG games. That's a 2B figure, a rare one at that. The figure also comes with rather sexy parts but I didn't install them since it's on a public display.

The manga behind 2B is Gunnm which is also known as Battle Angel Alita in the west. Since the protagonist of the manga is a female cyborg, I felt 2B would be best suited to be behind the series.

And you see Five Stars Stories. It's a manga but not really manga. It is more like a relic of someone's vast imaginations.

Sadly, I've long since out of room, so I was forced to put books on top of shelves.
You also see Gintama there along with few figurines.

Yes, of course, Naruto. I collected figurines of my favorite characters only. I would have loved Jiraiya but he doesn't have a proper 1/8 scale one. FYI, I would NEVER collect Sakura figure.

You may recognize a lot of stuff in there even if I don't explain. Many of them are legendary by now. You are free to ask what they are though.

I am a big fan of Kenshi Hirokane's manga. His works do not meet the standards of today's manga but nevertheless his works are masterpieces. I also collected some of Japanese verisons of his work. You shouldn't really consider his works as manga strictly though. It is more like 120-hour movie of some sort.
Am I making sense?

You see Banana Fish, Piano no Mori, Girls und Panzer series, and Cross Game and so on. All of them except for Girls und Panzer are legendary by now.

Nana...., you will cry your eyes out if you own the manga. That volume 21..., I almost fainted crying. Anime version doesn't cover sheep.
Mars is another very good romance manga as well. In Mars, the teenage couple actually gets married which is very rare in today's manga.
PPOI! on bottom and also Yureka which is a Korean version of Sword Art Online. Yureka was released in early 2000s though.

Japanese version of PPOI! and Nausicaa manga. The manga version is 1,000% times better than the movie. The movie covers only 25% of the real story.

I don't actively collect manga nowadays due to not liking the recent trends but I still collect new ones such as Grand Blue you see up there.
And 3x3 eyes..., a legendary manga. This should have made into anime series.

Berserk manga..., nuff said. You see Honey and Clover as well right next to it. I did that intentionally as they are polar opposite to each other.

Genshiken... Not gonna lie. I wanted to live in the manga.

I also collect some adult-themed manga as well. I mean, why not?

Lack of room means I had to do this.

I have also done diorama making as well. All Girls und Panzer related. I was once a huge fan of the series. I wonder why now because the series doesn't have a lot of substance.

I think I loved the tank actions though because it was the first I've seen.

This is my manga room where I can spend days (not joking) lurking in there. I've got around 3,000 books there and I dare say that those are mostly well above standard.

The days of flipping physical manga book is slowly passing away. But trust me; a room like this brings tranquil to your mind and reading actual physical manga books in a quiet room with a cup of tea really beats reading them on a monitor.

When I was younger and wasn't an adult, I had to fight to keep my manga books not being thrown out by my parents. They eventually gave up, seeing my passion toward this was pretty solid.
And solid it is still after 30 years.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice collection xD

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"And this, is my manga room...."

(cue obligatory "wow!" from Fairy Tail)

JFB1222

Wind Runner
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow, that is an awesome library. Have you read them all? You have more manga than most local comic shops I've been to. Although, that being said, all but one treat Manga as an after thought to American graphic novels and single issues.

I prefer physical copies of books, particularity books that tell a story through art, than digital copies. And, I always will.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow! I only have like 2 shelves of manga, I only kept my favourites! I did have nearly half a bookshelf once.

Saiyuki
FAKE
Some Clamp Series,
Ghost Hunt

Saiyuki is my absolute fav, followed by FAKE. lol

Lilly

Joy Bringer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is an amazing collection!

@sura_tc, I'm also a hardcore manga-figurine collector!:kaopride:

I wonder what it would look like if everybody put their collections together...Hmm?

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lilly I think there wouldn't be a place big enough lol

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ooooo nice! I love to see this type of love also :ywink:

I have around 500, so a muuuch smaller collection. Nice job! Its really a beautiful collection!

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is beautiful. I LOVE seeing people's collections, especially when they're well curated.

RetailDrone7576

Reillo9
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That Naruto Manga takes me back to my days in middle school where the library had an entire wall full of manga, half of which was pre-shippuden naruto with about a dozen copies of each one because there were so many avid manga readers in school

Tatsuya

Tatsyua Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

ExtremeYandereWolfychu3

I am a kawaii interloper from another universe.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You could open up a Museum. And decades later sell them like antiques.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Pretty cool, I was surprised to see the Girls und Panzer dioramas! I don't have a manga collection, but I do buy a lot of music CDs. All are non-mainstream, so it's not just a boring "collection" that your mom might have. I just recently bought a bunch from Japan, so I'm in the process of getting them all shipped (I got at least half already). I can post pics if anyone is interested, who knows, you might just find some new music to check out.

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Jesus! That's a lot. I think my wife would kill me if I had a manga room in our small Toronto apartment.

Thank God the manga I read is on my Kindle!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stunner345