Ragpuppy87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually was relatively late getting into Final Fantasy. I was in High School when I played my first. The Final Fantasy III remake for the Nintendo DS. Since then I have played I through VI . For the most part I enjoyed them.
I was never able to play VII and above because until recently they had never been released on a Nintendo console. And I've only ever really owned Nintendo consoles.
Now VII through X have been released for the Switch. I'm wondering which to play first.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'd go in order myself. There are fun parts and there are issues with each game, but you can see how the series changed in linear order that way.

TheNewSon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
N/A
Primarily Uses
N/A
I agree with bgillisp, although I have only played VIII and XII (shame on me? nah). VIII is one of my eternal favorites! After you're done with VII, tell me when you start to play VIII, I'd love to discuss it with anyone. That is, if you really end up playing those. :v

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Play VII next! It has a lot of fun dumb stuff they didn't have to do but they did it anyway, because they can.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
If you liked the DS remake of 3 and don't mind spinoffs, try FF: Four Heroes of Light.
It's the predecessor of the Bravely games, the battle theme was even remade as one of the boss themes in Default/Second, along with some of the bosses.

Ragpuppy87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you liked the DS remake of 3 and don't mind spinoffs, try FF: Four Heroes of Light.
It's the predecessor of the Bravely games, the battle theme was even remade as one of the boss themes in Default/Second, along with some of the bosses.
I hadn't thought about Four Heroes of Light in years. I did actually play it when it was released.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I loved soo many things about Four Heroes of Light!! SOOO Many, except the "best outcome" battle system. I know it was to intended to make battles simpler, but to me, they just felt like auto-battles that I was allowed to watch and have a minute amount control over.

The Crown system was one of my favorite class/upgrade systems though. :)

-MIA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Realizing that 2020 is the only year since 2015 that I haven't made a RM game. Maybe I should do a tiny one to keep the streak?
grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teberion