Marmit

La vie n'est qu'une toile vierge.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been using RMMV for a good while now, but for some reason the playtest doesn't seem to function.

I click on the button, and nothing happens, it just doesn't open.

It still works when I deploy it, but that is to inconvenient for playtesting to check every small change made.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only reason why that happens is because of SRD_SuperTool.js plugin. Sometimes this plugin don't close entirely a previous playtest. Check with CTRL+ALT+DELETE keys in process manager you don't have another instances running in background. Look for "game.exe" in process manager, close if you have any and try to run game again. if not, then I don't know, maybe some files in project are corrupted, or antivirus somehow starts detecting your game as potential thread and it block.

JUICY_PINEFIELDS

はい!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know what OS you're running, but if you're on Linux and just recently updated something relating to Qt5/Javascript/WebGL etc you might want to try rebooting.
I've had that frequently happen to me where playtesting just doesn't work after updates and it does solve the problem sometimes.
If you're still having trouble (or not using Linux, or not using SRD_SuperTool like Soulrender suggested) you can always temporarily try playtesting using your browser.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Ami
--- Minimum Requirement ---

M.Knight: Phew...finally,i got the New Game. Let's check the Requirement
"Minimum Requirement:
  • 2.00 Ghz CPU
  • Full HD Support GPU
  • 5GB Memory"
M.Knight: I just have decent Gaming PC,i can play 2010-2015 Games. Hope it's okay
(1 Hour Later,The Game FPS Just Got 10-20)
M.Knight: (Facepalm)
Next goal is to make pull & push + lift & throw systems with mouse support and have skill levels in them and action indicators!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noel_Lwin