RMMV My rough concept

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by mrbeardretrotv, Jun 29, 2018.

1. mrbeardretrotv

mrbeardretrotv Lost in the love of creation Member

First Language:
    I think english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Story Concept
    Have ever wondered what happens when one ruler gets the ability to control and rule kingdoms that span multiple planets, through many universes, across many realms. A being who can wield, and control all that power from one throne. This is our story, from our realm. He or they came to our world and came between two peaceful kingdoms. He twists the minds of our people, he put two kingdoms against each other. We have been at war, and coming close to our own extinction. What's worse is our people have been disappearing in increasing numbers month by month. Our planet seems to be dying as well. More and more forests seem to be dying more and more. We have no idea how or why, but we do know the very life is being sucked clean from our planet.

-Still refining_

This game will consist of many classes, advanced classes and jobs that the player can choose from. The amount of customization will be be vast. The choice on whether or not they choose to use it all is up to them. Every choice, action and move they make will shape and shift the story. The player will be able to just do the basic game play and get through to the end fairly easily. The player could also immerse themselves in the depths of all the extra character to add to the party. All of the background history and all of side quests for jobs. The amount of extra materials will bring many hours of great game play.

There will be a passing time system with nights, days and weather effects, along with grow able crops and items alike. Characters can die. Reviving characters will not be any easy task. This game you will need to be careful so your not killing off your favorite characters. There will also be a way to buy properties and ways to help develop stores, kingdoms, towns, and wars.
    So what's everyone's thoughts?

Adonael and Canini like this.
  2. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Sounds interesting. The Half-Life series sort of having the same thing in the background, with the alien empire being so wast and interdimensional that they can never be truly defeated.
    The gameplay seems really ambitious! Have you thought about giving the player any initiative to check out the extra depths of the game if they can go through it fairly easy in any case?

3. mrbeardretrotv

First Language:
    I think english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah I been working that part of it out. My isn't an empire. It's one being.

Canini likes this.
  4. mv95

mv95 Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I like the part that you can really immerse in the 'daily life' of the game's universe: It's kind of similar to what I'm trying to do in my project as well (only in my project it is much more limited).

So the story will be about some protagonist that tries to take on this seemingly undefeatable hivemind creature?

I would advise you to make a list of features you want to add and prioritize them, to manage the workload. As I am reading this I think the scope of this project could be overwhelming.

Hope you will pull this off!

5. mrbeardretrotv

First Language:
    I think english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well see I have always loved games like Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, and games like that. I want to use those concepts and take it to the next level. :)
    In a round about nutshell yes.
    I have this really bad curse of being able to multi task to the 9000th degree. The Drs. Are convinced I may have multiple brains working at once? I am one of few people who can read 3 books at the same time. I think it's more a curse then anything else because trying to focus on any one thing is near impossible. That's why I am throwing so much at this game, and don't even need to worry about tasking things out.