My Rpg maker MV won't work :S

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by The Working Man, Jul 3, 2019.

1. The Working Man

The Working Man Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi everyone

I've spent a year away from RPG maker MV, I tried loading it up the other day and I can't seem to get it to work.
    It's firstly saying that my account has ran out of the trial period but I paid for it in full.
    When I try l activate it using my key it says it's found my account but can't unlock it at this time without any explanation, I don't suppose anyone else has had this problem?

Thanks for reading

2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i dont had the problem, what you can try is, is to unistall it compleetly and reinstall it and use you license key when asked.
    if this doesn't work, can you provide the window OS you use?

3. The Working Man

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for the reply, I've tried re-installing to no avail, I use windows 7, never had a problem before.
    In the message once I input the key it says my account/order has been found but cannot be activated but shows the reason why.
    I've emailed the support but no reply as of yet.

4. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you can try this as final, else post it in the tech support found here.
    unstall the maker once more compleetly, redownload the trial here
    and install if that works.

also, idk if you use the stand alone version of RPG Maker or Steam version (i believe it should work on both)
    if the re-download and install still doesn't work, head to the tech support where this should be in.

I cant help you further on this part. But the best of Luck.

PS: I hope you have the license for MV and not for VX (ace) or it doesn't work though :)

5. The Working Man

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for your advice but no such luck, I'll post my problem where you stated and hopefully I can get an answer.
    Thanks again!

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @The Working Man
    You need to contact the official tech support through the support tickets linked top right. No one in the forum has access to the account database, the "tech support" here is only for real technical problems getting the editor to run.

support tickets are usually answered withing three business days, but some emails have problems getting through - that is a known error of the ticket system that no one knows how to fix. So if you don't get an answer within three business days you'll need to send another ticket with a different email adress to support, containing the sale data and SN etc in its comments to reconstruct the case.
    (which is another reason why you can't use the forum, you must never post your SN publically but it is needed to find what went wrong)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  7. The Working Man

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi

Apologies about this, I'm an absolute idiot and I figured it out, I was stupidly entering the order number and not the product key.

Embarrassing hahah

8. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no, in case of Ace the order number was the same as the product key so some people can be confused.
    for MV they had to change that because the product key also activates the steam version of your licence.