derge12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
finnish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I been working on a story for my rpg game and i would like to hear what you think about it.....

The story starts at the end where the hero and four maidens have just defeated the demon king but the demon king pulls a fast one on them and opens a time portal and tries to teleport's himself into the past to kill the hero when he was a baby but makes a mistake while casting and is send to the future instead.

He soon finds himself in an old slum village in a wasteland island and soon learns that the hero is living in a mountain temple not far and sets out to get his revenge. After reaching the temple he is greeted by the now elder hero.

The demon king defeats him with ease but soon learns from the hero that the world has been taken over by a new demon king and that the humans on the island are the last surviving nembers of their kind. The rest of the world is controlled by monsters and demons.

what do you think?

Last edited:

Bandito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
You could make it that old Demon King conquers the human...tribes (I guess, since they were defeated? You make up the setting of the world).

Adding to this the old Demon King could rebuild his empire, by recruiting the new heroes (of this timeline) and rebuilding the human kingdom with the Demon as the new and only King as the story progresses. This is the gameplay part, so you should plan what features you want to implement for the game and what is possible to do, or if any existing plugins can help you do that.

As the climax (he should have recruited human heroes and demons heroes as the story went on), the old Demon King defeats the current Demon King, as he becomes Demon emperor at the end of the story.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
It reminded me of the game "Demon Quest" for Snes, which I believe to be a Ghouls spinoff.
It also reminded the Dragon Quest a little.

The story itself is not very detailed, it was more like a plot.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Game Ideas & Prototypes. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks cool man!

It have potential to develop even further! :wink:

Beewo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sounds like an interesting first hook. I do enjoy unlikely allies as a setting and seems the humans and old demon king will have no choice but to work together. Only thing im uncertain of is why the other monsters will follow the old demon king now that (I guess) he is trying to reestablish humanity as a power since he got no other resources. Beyond that they are still simply loyal, that the new demon king oppresses part of them or they simply follow whoever beats them up enough.

But yeah I would check the gameplay if i heard this game existed as it has my curiosity as a hook.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pretty much stopped posting in the progress thread cuz it feels like talking to the void, lol, so I've just been posting on IG instead. But someone finally liked my post there, lol. Dunno if I'll continue tho. Probably not xD

My game's progressing quite well. Just kinda stuck on mapping right now. Decided to go the side, slightly top down view route. I'm drawing everything from scratch for a personal touch uwu
Stomach isn't feeling too good last time. Perhaps something I ate
Phew! logged back. Seems I was too occupied with 3D learning (yeah for RPGM purposes) creating IRL space, trying to grow catnip, dealing with health and DC is good. (so MrC) ^^
Tyler.stewart wrote on Cherry's profile.
I was wondering if you've heard anything about the patch that allows you to show text anywhere on the screen utilizing pictures being upgraded to work with the official 2k3 release? Your work with 2k3 is awesome dude, keep it alive. I'm 33 and am still playing with 2k3 largely thanks to your work with the game engine. I appreciate the official patch updates you post. Please continue posting
Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sullivanvicente