My test game is not running

Gil139

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I've encountered a problem with running my 'test game'. When i press on the test play button the window of my game will show up, with the name and picture, but the Play button is not there. (I sent a screenshot, it just stays like in the screenshot and nothing is happening) .
I tried to restart my pc and verify integrity of game files, nothing seems to pop up. am i missing a file or something?

Attachments

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]RPG Maker MV[/move]

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Best guess is that you installed a plugin in the wrong way, removing those options.
Please give us a screenshot of your plugin manager

There are a few other possibilities, but in those cases the game would either never start or crash with an error message. If it gets to that screen it is almost always something within the game itself, and that means an error with one or more of the plugins.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also think this will be due to a plugin either not working at all, or not configured correctly.

In addition to the screenshot requested by Andar, could you also get your game to the stage you've shown, then hit F8 to open the developer tools? Take a look at the Console tab and see if there are any messages in there. If there are, grab a screenshot of that and post it, too.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you renamed some of the plugin files, that usually disables them or can cause a lot of other errors.

please redownload them from yanfly's website and make sure not to rename them when you click on "save as".
Then install them correctly and your game should work again

Gil139

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean? I downloaded plugins by going to Yanfly's website, going into the plugin i wanted, Copying the text from drop box, creating a text document pasting it and naming in the plugin folder as (I downloaded CoreEngine) YEP_CoreEngine.js
Is there anything wrong in what i did?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
YEP_CoreEngine.js is the correct name.
But if you look at your screenshot you'll see that the file you use there is NOT named YEP_CoreEngine, it is named CoreEngin instead. Same goes for the second plugin there

And the better way is NOT to copy the text, you right-click on the link toward the file and then select "save as", creating the file directly without any need to use a text editor.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, your first three plugins at least have the wrong name. You're missing the 'e' on 'engine' in the first two, and YEP should be upper case in the third. There may be other mis-spellings as well.

You have to give them EXACTLY the correct name - all the letters must be there, no extras, and they must be the correct case. No Yep when it should be YEP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's name in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr