alltheyuriz

They System is overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
HI i need some more help again I can't get my tree to move it's animated here is the event
1627758990884.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is no event in the spoiler, only a map.

to help with the event, we need to see its event pages and a description of what is supposed to happen with the event.

alltheyuriz

They System is overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Andar I'm so sorry i put the wrong picture this is the right one
1627759791512.png

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not moving because you just tell him to turn on different sides. Use Move Left/Right/Top/Bottom
2021-07-31 21_36_01-Set Movement Route.png

alltheyuriz

They System is overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
oh thank you i'll try that
edit: I still can't get it to work @Soulrender

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does the tree itself is on a character sheet and not a normal tree from
B, C, D, E tile?

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Trees don't typically "move around", so maybe there's a misunderstanding.

In fact, looking at your movement route, I doubt you intended for the tree to be physically moving around, because things don't usually move in a pattern like: , much less a tree.

However, it's not unusual for RPG Maker games to have characters that turn in that kind of pattern for animation purposes (e.g. making the tree look like its leaves are rustling in the wind). If that's what you're trying to do, then the "Turn" command is indeed correct, and you might be using the charset incorrectly.

In that case, we'll need to see the charset itself, as well as which segment of the charset you chose for the tree.

PS: There's no need to use a Parallel event. Just set "Autonomous Movement" to "Custom" and use the "Route..." button to define the event's movement.

Also, there's no point in using the "Direction Fix" option if you're immediately turning it OFF in the movement route and never turning it back ON.

Last edited:

alltheyuriz

They System is overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Nolonar and i didn't mean move move i meant it's suppose to move in the wind !$blowingtree.png
Edit: I solved it with the autonomous movement

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the original problem is because you made the event a parallel process with a set move route that has no wait.
this results in the set move route command being given sixty times per second, each time overwriting the previous one - thereby restarting the move route with the first command sixty times per second.

you never gave the command the time to process before overwriting it.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.
 …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorrupterJ