MysteryMan23

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I'm not sure at all what's going on here, but my Visual Novel Maker basically suddenly crashed out of nowhere, and now, whenever I try to load the project I was working on, Visual Novel Maker stops responding. Oddly, many of the menu items disappear, as well as much of the "New Project" window, when this happens.

I don't know what to do here. My project's files seem fine, just inaccessible from within the maker. Is it possible to retrieve them and salvage my project somehow? I tried transplanting the data folder to another project, but that just triggered the same problem, so the offending file is likely in data somewhere.

Also, sorry for making so many threads in this category lately, if that's a problem. I've just had the worst luck with this program, haven't I? Here's hoping it turns around.

UPDATE: I managed to fix the problem! Turns out, there was a single dollar sign in one of the files that was causing everything to go on the fritz. When I removed it, my project became loadable again! Yay! Now, can someone close this for me?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have made 60 new skills! ''after test'' I have made 3 new skills!

Made a new battleback this week! How's it look?
"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raw2na