Mysterious August Contest!

Zeramae

It's okay by me
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm tempted to enter as well, but I'm not sure I have the graphical prowess to make my game an actual contender....it may force me to try though!

I have a couple of mysteries I'd love to make into games, so I will probably do it for the fun of it.

Reynard Frost

Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm tempted to enter as well, but I'm not sure I have the graphical prowess to make my game an actual contender....it may force me to try though!

I have a couple of mysteries I'd love to make into games, so I will probably do it for the fun of it.
There's only 3 weeks to finish a game, I'm pretty sure everyone will be using the RTP or whatever resources are currently available. There's not enough time to create completely custom graphics. Remember, work with what you have. :)

Traveling Bard

The Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a restriction on the tone? Like...can it be dark? Because I've got a few ideas i'm throwing around but the one I'm leaning towards is well....pretty &$%# dark. Or are we going for more of a teen rating here?

Levi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a restriction on the tone? Like...can it be dark? Because I've got a few ideas i'm throwing around but the one I'm leaning towards is well....pretty &$%# dark. Or are we going for more of a teen rating here?
It'll depend, but seeing as all the judges will likely be Young adult -> Adult I'd imagine that it'll be fine. Just put fair warning in your post... like "Contains Adult Subject Matter / May Trigger etc".

Traveling Bard

The Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Gang related violence, drugs, suicide, etc. Yea, I plan on having the adult content disclaimer. I don't want to give it all away because it's a contest otherwise i'd elaborate...basically it all adds to the mystery and isn't EXACTLY the focus of the game itself. They are more like possible answers to said mystery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Genii Benedict

Supervillain, Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Gang related violence, drugs, suicide, etc. Yea, I plan on having the adult content disclaimer.
I don't see an issue (personally) with any of these, especially when compared with (and not limited to) fantasy monsters, rituals and magic, and generic, all-around gameplay of the genre.

GB

servantb7

Servantb7
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Too busy working on my personal project to participate, but I love the prizes. I think it's a great idea to offer things like custom scripts/sprites. That's the kind of stuff we (or at least I) get excited about.

T.Bit

Labyrinth Explorer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Three weeks to create a short game about a mystery. Sounds like fun!

TearsOfNightfall

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Huh...I may actually give this a try if I can come up with something. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

alwaysivy

Ivy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yay! A contest. Unfortunately, I don't think that I'm going to be participating, but I can't wait to see everybody's entries. =D Have fun guys!

RyanA

Happy Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This contest looks like it will be very busy! :D I look forward to playing all of the entries after I've finished mine :3

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I enjoy myself a good mystery. I just may have to get involved in this as long as time permits.

AeonSpark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This sounds like a really interesting contest!

Confederacy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh hell yes, I'm in for sure.

vociferocity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
my first rpgmaker contest! I'll defs be entering this (now to brainstorm a good mystery haha)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Gang related violence, drugs, suicide, etc. Yea, I plan on having the adult content disclaimer. I don't want to give it all away because it's a contest otherwise i'd elaborate...basically it all adds to the mystery and isn't EXACTLY the focus of the game itself. They are more like possible answers to said mystery.
Should be fine.

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Cardfight!! Vanguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To be honest I hope to get second place................................................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Broke: Dont move. -boring. -passive. -uncreative. Woke: Bewegen Sie Nicht! +authoritative. +foreign. +reminds your son that he's a garden gnome now.
My girlfriend left a note on the fridge saying 'This isn't working, goodbye.' I opened the refrigerator and it works just fine. Weird.
BCj
Could someone translate something from Japanese to English for me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leebob1997