RMMV Mysterious Revenge (One Map Challenge)

Would You Like To See The Final Product?

• Yes, hurry up and get it done!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I'm curious

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Nah, not interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FralKritic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey There Fellow Content Creators! Fral Kritic here with something fun for you to scrap a few minutes away with!
Now... let me find those pictures!
BOOM BAM ZAM!!

Ah! At last, my entry for the One Map Challenge has arrived... A little late on arrive; probably won't be tipping that delivery man ever again >.>

This is a short prototype for a bigger game I am developing in series. I feel it is weird to report what I said on Itch.io, but it is necessary to full fill my post LOL XD
Now where is that fancy copy combination button.... Ah yes, Ctrl + C

Hmmm....
Here it goes
_______
Important control detail, when talking to people, hold the directional button down towards them and select enter, if you are using a keyboard.
_______
Mysterious Revenge is a story rich, adventurist, and dark detective game about a young lady; Jolene, who has moved to a new town, with the intent of starting over with her newly widowed mother. Soon after arriving she became an employee for a beautiful multi based market. Her life was finally looking up, until one night at work that change everything!

This being a prototype is very short with the game time being at max 15 minutes. It gives a small taste of whats to come. The final release will have custom graphics, artwork, music, and a detailed story-line to follow through out the series! Yes you heard that right, this game won't be one! So as you play, gauge the feeling I am trying to convey with the placeholder graphics.

I like to thank the team over at RMMV for the One Map Challenge that inspired this project. I only used
1/1 Map
9/10 Events (<- I was soooo cutting it close.)

6/10 Switches
5/10 Variables
2 Characters (No restriction here though)

Most importantly, I completed it and hope you all enjoy it!
If you like it, keep in touch so you can see the ending results of this awesome story!

CREDITS:
Music By Fral Kritic (Me A.K.A Nigel W.)
Game Assets Came With RPG MAKER MV
Thunder in My Custom Theme Song By Zapsplat.com (<- A place for free sound effects)
Story By Fral Kritic

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!! I love to hear your thoughts -winks-
Talk to you soon!

Oh.... I forgot, here is the link to the game! LOL XD
GAME LINK: https://fralkritic.itch.io/mysterious-revenge-prototype (it's free, but feel free to donate if you like :D)

P.S. My game wasn't really delivered to me LOL XD

Attachments

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi!
I wrote a small review for this for my blog. It is in swedish, but my main points are:

- The graphics and soundscape work together to create a great mysterious mood
- I liked the character interactions and that there were a few choices
- I felt that sometimes the sentence structure was a bit weird at times.
- You should probably change it so that the main character do not wear the default rpgmaker equipment.

I voted "I´m curious" in the poll. While I think the story and characters were very good (man, I wanted to see what happened in the end), the game definitely need some polish.

Original review:
http://atspela.blogspot.com/2018/06/mysterious-revenge.html

Last edited:

FralKritic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Canini Hey, Thanks so much for your review and how well structured it is! By you pointing out both the positive and the negatives, I will be able to advance on the positives and correct the negatives and release an awesome game!!
I look forward to showing you the improved version and would love to hear you thought on the completed game if you find the time to review it again <3
Thanks Again :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be going live early today as I will be working on some music before I transition to art! When I switch to art, I will be focusing on making a new stream avatar~ Feel free to drop by!
For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...
So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zojin