Mystic Quest Ace - Recruitment

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Zane, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Zane

Zane Food for thought Veteran

First Language:
    US English
    Before people start messaging me, yes I know I know about DDG's version, Yes I know why it was taken down, (Not because of Square Enix). I also know about all the legal issues about the dangers etc.
    Table of Contents:

• Introduction
    • About the Game
    • What am I doing
    • Service Requested
    • Returns
    • Thank You
    • Bonus - Screenshots
    1. Introduction
    Hello RM, thank you for taking a moment to look over this thread. Making this game has always been a dream of mine
    but without the skills, I could not accomplish it. Today however, or more like 3 months ago, I began official development
    of Mystic Quest Ace in the fact that I now posses the scripting talent to re-create a long life childhood dream of mine.
    Needless to say, having one talent can also mean you need to make up in another area. Now the game has come to
    a slower pace, but it hasn't stopped. :)

2. About the Game
    Mystic Quest Ace pays tribute to Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. A game that is known as the orphan child of the Final Fantasy series
    and is quickly underrated because of it's lack of story dialogue, simplistic battles, and slowness in terms of pace. Within this re-birth
    of the game, there will be new editions to the difficulty, stronger boss tactics, increased storyline, and of course, updated graphics.

3. What am I doing
    I've managed to take care of the art style that I want it to fall back upon, originally it was set to use the normal Run Time Package
    contents but fully edited. Unfortunately with lack of talent and the eye sore of Anti-Aliased Tiles I quickly became discouraged over
    using anymore resources and thus realized 99% percent of the enemies would have never been made due to the complexity of the sprites. I now use the DS Style because I believe it should still look like a classic but have more up scaled detail. Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I'm assuming DS still fits the 32bit category but I could be wrong, and wish to not argue the subject at hand because it's not what this is about. Anyway, I've taken care of the Scripting, Music, Sound Effects, Eventing, Mapping, Most of the Tile set edits, and 10% of the sprites which only includes NPC's, and half the heroes.

4. Service Requested (Please note the following service is in the DS Graphical Style.)
    I wish to not overwhelm anyone with work, and I'm willing to do the rest of it if somebody will tag along and help get me started. So,
    there is 81 monsters and there is 5 heroes, and there is about 2 tile set edits/add-ons. However I want to reduce the work as much as possible so I've managed to calculate what exactly is needed.

• SPRITES - 81 Enemies, But because they are recolors for the majority it's only 36 different enemy sprites. Thankfully they are NOT full sheets, it's only a animated walk down pose like the Benjamin Example.
    • SPRITES - Benjamin Posses would add flavor here is the sprite that I created [​IMG]
    • SPRITES - "White" a.k.a Old Man needs a conversion to DS I have the XP sprite I edited/made if needed as a reference
    • SPRITES - The DS Pack doesn't come with crystals, unless I'm not seeing them. But I don't believe there is. I need only 1 because I can recolor the others.
    • SPRITES - The heroes all need dead posses which is only 1 pose per actor (only 5)
    • TILESET - The Bones inside the Bone Dungeon, which is just the two skull heads and rib cages.
    • TILESET - Level Forest Trees and Grass need a new "Dead" looking shade over the green ones.
    • LOGO - Mystic Quest Ace would need a remastered logo look (Not Mandatory)
    This will do for requesting.

5. Returns
    I know finding dedicated help is hard to come by these days and what I don't have on cash I could probably make it up in scripting value. Keep in mind I detest from battle systems always, yes I know I have to make a battle system now, but it's probably going to take my time up considering I hate making them. Anyway, script values can range from $5 - $300 I'll try to work with you as much as possible in order to make this become a reality. Just as long as you don't ask me to do a battle system or an add-on to one. If anything I'll only mess with Yanfly and the Default for now while I'm working on MQA. If you need more examples of what I can do though, head over to this thread.

6. Thank You
    I know they're has been a few threads in the past about making this game by other people, but I don't need as many resources as the previous threads have stated and I'm willing to cut your work down as much as I can by doing the rest of the recoloring I hope that this time however Mystic Quest Ace can become a reality remake. Thank you, and have a nice day.

7. Bonus - Screenshots

Sometimes people like to see screenshots of the game. Well I have some screenshots just for all of you.

Untitled-2x.png
    PS: If anything is missing from this thread or if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    Bonkers likes this.
  2. Zane

First Language:
    US English
    Reserved/Bump

3. Zane

First Language:
    US English
    Bump

4. Zane

First Language:
    US English
    Bump

5. captainproton

captainproton Dangerously Nifty Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Mystic quest was my first rpg and was the game that got me hooked on the genre. I would sign up for this in a second if my art style matched what you need or Ihadnt already committed my time to someone else's game. I hope you get someone soon, because I would love to see this!

Zane likes this.
  6. Zane

First Language:
    US English
    Bump

7. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    do you have ANYONE else help?...I hope things pick up for you.

8. Zane

First Language:
    US English
    At the moment nope, but everything is content at the moment if anything. It's going to be fine (I hope). I kind of want to show a beta after the bone dungeon so to speak.