RMMV Mystic Tale (Currently On Hold)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by NinjaKittyProductions, Jan 30, 2019.

1. NinjaKittyProductions

NinjaKittyProductions Professional Murder Hobos Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

MysticTale120px.png

STORY (thus far)

The Acarralis System. A millennium ago, the great disaster known as the Dusk Calamity fell upon this galaxy. In a flash, the great dark energy mass swept through the system.
    Stohhon, home planet of the humans, was in its direct path and as such was annihilated and with it, all human life in the galaxy. Elven, dwarven, and orcish scholars have tried for years to identify exactly what the Dusk Calamity was… to no avail. However, a great dark mass of energy is building at the far reaches of the Acarralis System once again.

Enter Alice… a human. Found by the Dragon Shaman Grock, these unlikely heroes must find answers to Alice’s existence and the cause of the Dusk Calamity before Acarralis is
    completely destroyed.

Along their journey, they join forces with the stubbon dwarf slinger Khessir and the studious elf sage Lynn. These heroes are the galaxy's only hope for survival.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
    Game Images
    New Game Screen.PNG
    Palmetta.PNG
    Shop - Palm.PNG
    Town.PNG
    Battle Scene.PNG

Laket Woods
    Laket Woods 1.PNG
    Laket Woods 2.PNG
    Laket Woods 3.PNG

VIDEOS
    We made just a quick proof of concept clip of our simple battle system. Animations are placeholders until we find the ones we are happiest with. We also intend to have animated enemy battlers... hopefully in the near future.

A walk around town.

CHARACTERS

• Grock.png Grock - An outcast dragon shaman, Grock is an orc with unusual abilities. On one of his research expeditions, he stumbles upon Alice, a human. Grock sees this as an omen that the Dusk Calamity may return. Along with Alice, they travel among the stars to different planets to find the clues they need.
    • Alice.png Alice - A human woman with mysterious powers. Alice does not speak any known language and therefore cannot be controlled in battle. She is unaware of what she is or the dangers that surround her.
    • Khessir.png Khessir - A dwarf with a passion for destruction, Khessir is quick with a quip and a blaster. However, he is not afraid to get into combat and bash faces in with a hammer.
    • Lynn.png Lynn - An elegant and studious elf sage, Lynn excels at all things magic even though she specializes in nature magic. Lynn is logical and always cuts straight to the point.

FEATURES

• Old-school graphics heralding back to the 1990s.
    • Three playable characters with unique abilities.
    • Front-view battle system with enemy list
    • Dungeon Crawling
    • Map exploration
    • D20-esque mechanics for stats and battle
    • Skill Scrolls
    • Multiple planets to explore
    • ***More to come

DOWNLOAD LINK
    No demo available at this time. Sorry -_-

UPDATES:
    2/5/2019: Uploaded a proof of concept battle video.
    2/21/2019: Uploaded Laket Woods Maps.
    3/4/2019: Uploaded Palmetta town video.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Treynor, atoms, Boonty and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jordan_Ray

Jordan_Ray Musician/Composer/Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I love the characters and the old school art style you've chosen! Are you in need of any music? I'm looking to branch out and compose some music for games! @NinjaKittyProductions

NinjaKittyProductions likes this.
  3. NinjaKittyProductions

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks @Jordan_Ray! As of right now, we are not looking at the music. Music will probably be one of the final products we add to the game. However, we will definitely reach out to you when we do start looking for music.

4. Jordan_Ray

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks @NinjaKittyProductions. I'm genuinely quite excited to play this game, when are you looking to get it complete by?

5. NinjaKittyProductions

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Jordan_Ray We do not have a time frame on when the game will be available. It is a side project that we are working on. Most of us in our group work full-time and go to college as well. We hope to make regular updates and will hopefully have a demo to play soon though.

6. Jordan_Ray

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  7. Fireworker

Fireworker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looking good! I love Time Fantasy, old-school stuff, and d20 so looking forward to seeing more!

8. NinjaKittyProductions

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update: Added a proof of concept battle video

9. Jayje

Jayje THE Lone Indie Cheese! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    The Battle system looks great. Really great custom work. I assume the enemies will get spaced out more to avoid confusion. Is this a custom plugin?

10. NinjaKittyProductions

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks Jayje!
    It took some tinkering around and bunch of trial and error, but it is SumRndmDdes Hud Maker
    http://sumrndm.site/hud-maker/

The thing that is not pointed out in the video is that there is no targeting in our game. When you use a skill or basic attack, your character attacks a random enemy. We went with this method to show that random battles are chaotic and when swarmed, you are not sure which enemy you are attacking. The HP numbers to the upper right corner are representing how many enemies are in that group that you are fighting.

11. Jayje

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    are there going to be enemy names included, to better help with confusion?

12. NinjaKittyProductions

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    We will probably move the enemy names down some. They are currently located at the top of the screen. In the video, it was Green Ooze.

We welcome any and all suggestions ^_^!

13. Jayje

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    any way you include a small icon with a number in that HP display. I think that might help instead of trying to add a name to the HP.

14. NinjaKittyProductions

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update: Added a couple map concepts for Laket Woods.

15. NinjaKittyProductions

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update: We finished the major town for the first world. The town of Palmetta. We took inspiration from games we all played growing up and decided to use personalized 'maps' for each area entered on the map. Such as, when going into the armory, you are not transported to a map that is interactive. Instead, we tried to mimic the feel from a first person point of view.

We uploaded a video to showcase what we are trying to accomplish. Check the video spoiler ^_^

We are going to keep this conceptually through out the game. Let us know what you think!

Jayje likes this.
  16. atoms

atoms Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Very nice mapping! I'm liking what you've revealed so far.

Interesting take in style, on making towns front view with a front view battle system too.

17. NinjaKittyProductions

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks @atoms! We are still kicking the idea around of when you speak with an npc, it goes to a first-person view. The only thing stopping us is the fact that it might be a bit tedious but it is something we think would add a bit more to interaction.

18. atoms

atoms Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @NinjaKittyProductions Yes I can see what you mean, that's a tricky one actually. My first thoughts are it fits with the type of game features you are making and everything else you have going, so I see it fits. I think it can work, but usually when you talk to npcs not all of them give you choices in what you can say.

It would add interaction, so I'd say it depends how many npcs there are and then how long a gap there is between talking to other npcs and being in battles and exploring areas. If you want to go ahead with this, perhaps test it out and as well as your thoughts after, have a second opinon, even a third opinion, if your still in doubt?

Part of me also likes talking to npcs on maps, nice quick and easily with textboxes.

I'm not really sure what to conclude...

It may be a case of personal opinion on what people like, but it's actually a bit risky too. I'd go with what you decide is best, or think you'll like most yourself. Maybe test it out and see what you think from there. From your gamee features, with what you want in your game, I.e. Dungeon crawler, I think it'd work.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  19. NinjaKittyProductions

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update: Unfortunately, there have been some snags in development of this game. Real life issues have sprung up for a couple of us and we are unable to work on this game at this time.

We hope to get back to it soon. We will keep y'all posted on the development as much as we can.
    We love this community and hope to give back to it somehow in someway.

Meantime, the few of us that are able to keep developing will work on what we can and have started a side project we hope to have on here soon as well.

bazrat and Parallax Panda like this.
  20. bazrat

bazrat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Best of luck, hope to see ya back full time development soon