Mystic_Enigma's Cartoon Battlers and miscellaneous stuff.

Mystic_Enigma

Just bear with me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, you two. Really glad that you like them!

SanZhang

Freelancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, you two. Really glad that you like them!
Your arts are cute, how can it's unlikable ^^
By the way, seeing the ladybug, just now crossed my mind, reminds me an old 3d movie, "A Bug's Life" ahaha

Oooh, that online green dot, quite a fit on the ladybug's antennae :D

Mystic_Enigma

Just bear with me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your arts are cute, how can it's unlikable ^^
By the way, seeing the ladybug, just now crossed my mind, reminds me an old 3d movie, "A Bug's Life" ahaha

Oooh, that online green dot, quite a fit on the ladybug's antennae :D
Ehehe, at times I feel like I waste my time making these due to them being too wacky-looking/amateurish(because I pretty much am one!). But I get over it quick! I can't help but want to make something new to expand the collection.

EDIT: I just took a look at your recent stuff, and it's totally AMAZING! I could never match that sort of quality. Really nice!

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mystic_Enigma didn't I tell you before? No reason to doubt your own style ;) all of us who you think are 'better' then you like it so... Guess youre not that amateurisch as you wanna think you are :D
Just keep at it! Youre making great stuff :)

SanZhang

Freelancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mystic_Enigma
First of all, thankyou for the compliment ahaha,
And, heyy, like @Finnuval said, arts can be so complicated that it is too subjective until to the point that there are no bad or good arts..
Which in my honest opinion, in this case (game character) beautiful art is an artwork which shape is understandable, and the idea of the art itself. And I do think your arts are cute and great, man :D Great Idea!

Take look at Murata Yusuke's arts (EyeShield 21) or Takeshi Obata's (DeathNote), oohh and this one, just found out recently before I start this whole digital art drawing/painting Aeolian (at a closer look, there are many in this place as well, Finnuval, our resource staffs, and there are too many to mention) to be honest I felt small, many times maybe; but that wouldn't stop me, time and practices will improve my arts..(hard works never lie)

I myself, don't understand "Interchange" (Willem de Kooning) or "Number 17A" (Jackson Pollock)..(even I have to google it ^_^") but they worth hundreds of millions euro.
I would never be able to make such arts like yours, I am unable to do cutesy stuff with idea like yours, even if I'm able to, the soul / feel in my arts will never match yours, it's because I am not you, you're not me, and that is perfect.

Try google "magic eye illusions floating picture"..yisshh, I remembered saying that this painting is sucks when I was a kid, now that I know what it is.. It's genius ^^

Last edited:

Mystic_Enigma

Just bear with me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy Holidays, everyone! On the day (Or night) after Christmas I come and give to you...A number of new battlers to fit the season! Now I was hoping to show them off during the aforementioned holiday, but...It took longer than I expected. But better late then never, right??

Somebody must be around to deliver all those presents to all the girls and boys, right? Well around here, it's this special Gift-giving Penguin that does the job around here. With their sack of gifts and nifty hat and vest in tow, this chubby cheerbringer waddles across the land spreading goodwill wherever they go. Have you been a good adventurer this year?

Other than that, have you ever happened upon a Present just lying around in your travels? If you open it up, you might get something nice! Some of these gifts had a less than smooth trip, but maybe what's inside is still good?

But of course, someone may have gotten to the gift first, and what's left behind is some so-and-so trying to Mimic a present. So check the contents carefully, or you might get a not-so-nice surprise!

Somewhere deep in icy regions lie rumors of a mysterious Ice Bird that is so shy that not many can meet this Frigid Flutterer in person. Those that do are in for a chilling reception...pun totally intended(Not sorry!) Those who try to seek warmth in hotter habitats instead may get heated heels by the fabled Fire Bird, a Blazing Birdie who's alot more blunt with leaving hot-headed attackers very burned by the experience(Again, not sorry!)...

Lastly is this, it's a Starry Spectre. These Starry-eyed Sprites of data aren't made often, thanks to the rare and elusive codes needed to make them manifest. But when they do show up, the results are rather stellar! Perhaps you can use them to top your tree with!?

That's it for now. Hope you like 'em, and Happy Holidays!

Attachments

SanZhang

Freelancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mystic_Enigma ooh, that star, that starry glassy eye.. so innocent ^^ (do star purr?)

Mystic_Enigma

Just bear with me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mystic_Enigma ooh, that star, that starry glassy eye.. so innocent ^^ (do star purr?)
Yeah, I wanted to give it a "starry" look in its eyes. The penguin has it too, if you noticed.

And, no, I don't think they purr. But they do twinkle, I think!:kaopride:

SanZhang

Freelancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I noticed.. but the star have more.. (well just extra 1.. makes it extra twinkly.. :D)
the penguin does looked cute as well..
Makes me wonder.. if they're battler, I believe it would be a game over for some players who love cute stuff.. no one would kill them, these battlers are to DIE for..

Mystic_Enigma

Just bear with me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I noticed.. but the star have more.. (well just extra 1.. makes it extra twinkly.. :D)
the penguin does looked cute as well..
Makes me wonder.. if they're battler, I believe it would be a game over for some players who love cute stuff.. no one would kill them, these battlers are to DIE for..
Who knows? But I myself wouldn't want to do that. All battles are strictly a non-fatal affair (At least in the games I plan to make.) Plus I myself am a (self-proclaimed) cute aficionado. I like them a bit too much!

Mystic_Enigma

Just bear with me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Evening (or morning), folks! I'ts been a while since the new year came around and I thought I show off my latest Battler. This fellow seems a bit lost. Actually, i'm not sure what this weird critter is. The Gems on their body wear points to the fabled Carbuncle, but those don't come by very often. Maybe they're wondering if that adventurer is worth fighting...?

As for non-Battler related stuff, I mustered up another custom Battleback. Looks a bit like glass or a Cyber floor doesn't it?

Hope you like 'em!

Attachments

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see your shading is improving on this one. Well done. The background also has a bit of An aquarium feel to it, but that could just be me being weird lol

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Isn't a carbuncle gem supposed to be red?

Mystic_Enigma

Just bear with me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see your shading is improving on this one. Well done. The background also has a bit of An aquarium feel to it, but that could just be me being weird lol
Thanks! And, I think I see it too. Must be all the blue, those colors always make me think something futuristic...

Isn't a carbuncle gem supposed to be red?
Perhaps. But the models I saw (sprites) had different colors.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been a while since we saw anything from you.... just saying ;)

Mystic_Enigma

Just bear with me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been a while since we saw anything from you.... just saying ;)
Oh don't worry, I haven't quit drawing stuff. I've been spending my time elsewhere, as i've had a bit of a creative rut...

But in the meantime, if you or anyone else have any suggestions of what I could make, feel free to leave them!

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
haha well that's good.
yeah we all have those sometimes and they stink -.-

Hmmm a suggestion you say? Lemme think... you know the fable about the raven and the fox? Make those to :D

Mystic_Enigma

Just bear with me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again, folks! It's been a while...I was in a huge slump for a while, but some downtime helped with getting me into the mood again. And I think it's due time I bring out some new battlers.

If you're feeling a little "old school", then perhaps you want to meet some lizards from long ago, because i've met a few Dinosaurs who want to meet! Challenge them if you must, but these age-old adversaries may have some new-age tricks handy. Some of them have occupations that'll set them apart a little. There are probably more varieties somewhere, but their bucket is on the blink right now!

If you ever go on a hike up a mountain, then perhaps you'll spot some adventurous Goats that might...horn in on your expedition. Some are a little more gruff than others, but you'll also meet older ones who have seen alot and have the skill to back it up.

As for non-battler business I tried a go at making a custom visual emote. This one is for characters that express shock or surprise.

That's all for this update, hope you like 'em!

Attachments

Mystic_Enigma

Just bear with me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Morning/Evening! Boy, how long has it been...? Fortunately I haven't given up on making Battlers, and I have a few more to show off.

Uh oh... don't look now, but it seems like we've got company in the form of a bunch of Scorpions. I'd pass on bothering these crude-looking crawlers, they likely mean business with whatever's on that tail. Stingers are bad enough, but some varieties also sport cutting crescents and mashing maces!

BattlerScorpionStinger.png BattlerScorpionSlicer.png BattlerScorpionSmasher.png

So what else...Oh, somewhere in the woods I bumped into this new addition, meet the rare Binturong, also known as a Bearcat! I'm not sure what this burly beastie wants, but an encounter might be interesting. Or maybe they're just trolling for some popcorn...
BattlerBearcat1.png

Hope you like 'em!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Working on Zelda-like tileset. Should be greatly refined. And tonight extra pave tiles, outward corners, abyss and water...
Is it possible to move posts from the in-progress project forum to completed games? I think I need to message a mod but a bit worried about bothering them
Bleeding Moons has its release date: September 3rd!
Do you stick with the RM default, or set a custom one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz