RMMV Mytho Mash Digital CCG Adventure

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by CalebW, Mar 4, 2019.

1. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Celestugaia, A Universe of Books

[​IMG]

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS

• Game mechanics planned:

Plugins - Yanfly, Irina, Moghunter, SumRndDude​
      1. D20 dice system: As a player adventures through the world, they'll encounter hidden items, and events that will require a check. If the check is failed it can be reattempted at a later later, making traveling back through a location more worthwhile.​
      2. Time System: When a game goes on even if the player sits and does nothing, it adds a level of depth and a different structure to the stakes that are at hand. My idea with this system is to make your game-play strategic and slightly elevated in difficulty.​
      3. CCG: Using Irina's card game plugin, I am crafting a complex design for a card game as the main battle system of the game. The cards, the deck-boxes, the animations, and the battles are designed with a sci-fi tone to them.

Multiple Time Lines Inter-weaved into the game. Two different Planets.

There will be five playable characters and five different solo stories. Each story will be geared to the elemental alignment that character represents which will be tied to the cards they start out with.

The characters within this game are from the universe my books are written in on amazon. They will follow similar to the personalities of those characters, but this will be an alternate reality of them.​
    Storylines of other characters:

Santanis {Solo Storyline} : Born as a shapeshifting devil goat, his life was nothing short of problematic. Being rejected by nearly all of society he had an important choice to make. Either change society and people for the better with his powers, or watch as the world burned from devious actions.

Boulosse {Solo Storyline} : An eclipsian Elf, cast out of his home town village for practicing dark magic, was forced to choose to find a new home.

Caitlin {Solo Storyline} : An ethereal being once part of a greater god, forever roaming the planets trying to find her purpose.

Tymon {Solo Storyline} A poor man living on the streets with no family. One day he encounters a mysterious force that changes his life forever.

Nilvori {Solo Storyline} : A shapeshifting alien tasked various missions from his homeworld, has come to our fellow worlds to gather intel on the various lifeforms that inhabit them.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SECTION B: CHARACTERS

These are characters you'll see throughout the game. Not all as friendlies either ;)

[​IMG]

SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT

• The first planet is called Zarthalla and is years ahead of what is known of earth. The planet is filled with magical creatures (inspired by Greek mythology, and science) along with creating new inventive creatures of power and might.​

DOWNLOAD LINK

I have taken down the demo as it is related to my old base version of the game. As the game has grown in maturity, mechanics, and various other modifications; I didn't want a demo up that was misleading to the planned final product. :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  2. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Developer Update 03/07/2019:

Half of the game dialogue has been added and an additional five cutscenes so far.

Music has been chosen and is flowing nicely with battle processing and casual BGM.

The arena is working perfectly so that players can challenge multiple levels of difficulty as they please.

The crafting system is finished except specialty characters.

What's left after all game dialogue? Adding weather effects, assigning all BGM and SE, and cleaning up cutscenes with special camera movements.

3. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Developer update 03/09/2019:

Realized the game play occurred way to fast, ended up doubling the size of the overworld map, giving more land mass. Additional added Galv plugin for scrolling cloud overworld layer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Developer Update:

[​IMG]

Working on the title screen, when you change from new game to continue and options, etc the sprite changes with it.

[​IMG]

Hoping to have a demo for people by the end of the week :D

5. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Developer update: 03/21/2019

Deployed a version of the game last night, ran into bugs going back through and fixing all missing files that the deployer stripped out. Beyond that working well and DEMO should be available within a week or two.

6. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Developer Update 03/26/2019

Starting Beta testing within this week and will have a demo ready for players. Need to make a game trailer and tidy up the battle system. Balancing and editing the database each day until it has the right amount of fine-tuning.

Made a major shift in the design of the battle system this week. Decided that TP will not be in use at all for the game.
    Also, decided that to provoke increased strategy, state-based spells and attacks will be in heavy play. However, to provide balance to those actions there will be small cooldowns and small percentages for an additional attack for that actor in the same turn. That way the math levels out to why you would want to take the risk for the special move.

To give an example:

State: Aura Charge: Chance to cast 99% State modifications Att 120% Duration 1 turn, chance to take an additional turn 6% Hit Rate + 95% on top of the hit rate of the Spell / Attack you are currently using.

State II: Aura Charge II: Chance to cast 97% State modifications Att 140% Duration 1 turn, chance to take additional turn 8% Hit rate + 91% chance to take additional action times + 9%,

There will be five of these states. The top is capped at 200% att and 10% chance for additional action times +

The attacks that will benefit from these will be under a "Special Category" that will have different damage formula's in association.

Lastly the MP system will largely be focused on Healing, State inflictions both ally, and enemy, as well as Half Dragon / Dragon like magic abilities. Shapeshifting, Fire Breathing, Ice breath, Acid breath, Smog, Giant flight attacks.

As I want to provide action sequences with all of these moves, they may not all be fleshed out by the beta test, but they will be there for the launch of the product.

7. DangerusMuyokoProjects

DangerusMuyokoProjects Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Looking forward to playing this game! I saw that you worked very hard on the character design.

CalebW likes this.
  8. potatopoofer

potatopoofer Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like the design of the characters!

CalebW likes this.
  9. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Developer Update 03/30/2019

Working on the demo file to be uploaded here and other locations. Will be a short demo, but will highlight the important game features.

10. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Developer update 03/31/2019 : Demo is now available. Completing everything to 100% during the demo should take about an hour. Look forward to any feedback :D

11. DangerusMuyokoProjects

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX

So I have some news. I played at least 27 minutes of the Demo, and I hope my feedback as a player feels useful!

EDIT: The other game I played was 'Dark Slayers'. Sorry for the hiccup on my end!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  12. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for playing. I'm twenty minutes into your video, you passed the INN which was the main part of the story lol. I see some things I can clean up though. I greatly appreciate all of your feedback. I had two cutscenes within the inn lol.

13. DangerusMuyokoProjects

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Really now? I should probably try again!

14. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dev Update 04/02/2019: Re-uploaded demo with specific changes. Found that summons weren't removing themselves from the party after battle. Should be fixed now. Corrected some spelling errors that were pointed out. Dropped the health of the training sprites from 45,000 to 10,000 for balance reasons. Changed states to be removed from 2-3 turns, that way buffs couldn't stack over time and did have a limit. Made a section in the main town that easily points out where the story scenes are. Added a sign that points to the well dungeon puzzle. Removed screen tinting in the well as it broke the light for the day in the normal maps. Thank you for those that have played so far, and if you would like to download the new demo version, you should see all corrected sections as long as you start a "new game"

https://wrightdj21.itch.io/celestugaia-a-universe-of-books-demo

15. DangerusMuyokoProjects

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX

Finally took your critique to heart and decided to make another video showcasing the edits you made. Sadly I came across an error in the game.

CalebW likes this.
  16. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the error catch, fixing that immediately. The file didn't transfer over :/ . Good news is after that scene, you were almost done with the story segment. :D

Edit: 9:54 PM the file has been updated on this link and all missing files should be there now.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  17. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Developer update 04/04/2019

Added Row formation, and color coding to specific text. Hope those who are playing the demo are enjoying it so far.

18. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Developer update 04/07/2019

This will not be effective for the demo as it would require double the efforts. But in the full version of the game, I have made the decision to use Yanfly grid free doodads. It visually is giving more life to the maps.

upload_2019-4-7_10-37-59.png

Attached Files:

19. DangerusMuyokoProjects

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Cool! Thanks!

20. CalebW

CalebW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Reaching out to see if there was any feedback by other members of the community. :D