CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To anyone that has been following this thread. I'm in the waiting process of feedback from the demo game before I release the full version.

I did have a question though. To those that like the style of fire emblem, xcom, and final fantasy tactics... would you be in favor of this game having its battle system be a TBS?

Here is a example image of what one looks like.

upload_2019-4-18_14-7-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-18_14-5-45.png
    upload_2019-4-18_14-5-45.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Last edited:

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dev update 5/1/19

Life got a bit busy, but I have chipped away progress at this. Will hopefully have the database and custom battles maps made within three weeks. Once those are completed, I'll put the game through a final play test and see what the overall feedback is.

Cheers.

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dev update 05/03/2019

Screenshots / Gameplay / Synopsis / and Characters section will be updated soon.

There have been some heavy changes to the game mostly in additions.

What's new:

1) Battle system is being changed and converted to a Tactical battle system. The system being used is the @Embxii Tactical System.
2) A side game I was working on ended up having a lot of fun and impressive mechanics that were built, and after heavy consideration, the two games are being merged into one. To further detail this, they will be their own separate planets in the same universe and same galaxy. There will be multiple storylines. One as a team, and then five individual characters. If you like playing as a solo mage, bard, ranger, or berserker type character, you can choose those storylines. However, if you would prefer to dabble in dragon characters you can choose the story of them as a team adventure. All together it gives a lot of flexibility in gameplay as each location you traverse will be tailored to the party or character you choose. NPC's, map events, secrets in the game, will all be different on which you choose. Additionally, if you choose the solo path storyline, you will be able to make both good and bad choices. This will lead to two separate paths you can take.
3) Mechanics:
a) D&D Dice check system will be added to solo story missions as a way to check if you find secrets, get special perks, and other fun things.
b) Time system: The time system is being implemented into the whole game as a way to increase the difficulty of the game. After enough time has passed, events will happen with or without you. There will be rare chances to alter and turn back time, thus giving yourself a second chance in certain situations.
4) Interweaving the stories: The most impactful plugin that will make the whole story possible is @Yanfly NewGame+ plugin. Once a game has been beaten your character will be saved so that you can play out the other solo characters or the team story at your leisure.

All together it will be a big experience, and the whole game will interweave into one cohesive flow.

Last edited:

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dev Update 5.18.19

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CalebW Nice, I like what you've done for the card game so far!

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CalebW Nice, I like what you've done for the card game so far!
Thank you.

Dev update 5/25/2019:
Did a quick video showing the battle system in action. Still in it's early stages.

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dev update 5/28/19: After extensive research the game has shifted gears again. The tactical battle system remains on a pause until a potential different game in the future. I attempted using it to find that no matter what I did music would not play during battle. This changed my direction and path into taking the mini game for cards full scale. Here are some screen shots of what has been made and accomplished on that front. Rules will be posted later as well.

6bAoqT3.png

NW8Ysht.png

wJGWXJj.png

qrSwSMm.png

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I bring you another update on the dev side. 6/6/19:

Been hard at work making the flow of the system work well with the new planned mechanic of the card battles for the battle system.

Here is an image to showcase what the template is:

jrfbQJj.png

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love seeing card games made in RPG Maker! best of luck to you :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Posted some halloween freebies! Grab them while on season :kaopride:
hallow_cat.png
So my birthday was about a week ago! Just forgot to post it. I went to a Golden Corral, and it was soooooo good! :kaojoy: I also got some Animal Crossing in my life! Yay, Animal Crossing!
At this point, "unique and diverse cast of characters" might as well be slang for Every Character is a Human-Sue.
I found an absolutely brilliant lifehack on the internet today.

Screenshot_760.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grungewitch