Mythos: Reawakening

Discussion in 'PVGames Resource Packs' started by Jesse - PVGames, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

In the spirit of the upcoming spookiest month of the year, and whilst I prepare more of the new Mythos: Reawakening resources, I wanted to have a fun little competition.

Write a short story or creepy children's style rhyme based on the image above! There is a little special something for participants :)

In the meantime, you can view a few screenshots of some of the preliminary resources below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can view more information as well in the previous thread HERE.

GolfHacker and OnslaughtSupply like this.
  2. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Truly, a scene plucked from the unfathomable depths of the mind of Azathoth himself; who else would think to wallpaper the outside of their house? :p

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Idiot, Frogboy, mlogan and 1 other person like this.
  3. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    Hah, didn't think of that, I probably should have used a different outer wall!

Well, insanity does make one do crazy things...

Frogboy likes this.
  4. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmmm, I might just have to enter this. Love these new tiles! I can't wait to use them.

5. PsychicToaster

PsychicToaster Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2016 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Day 45:

I fear the few threads of sanity I cling to are fast departing amid this unending torment. I've tried in vain to remove both the chair and the empty crib. Each day, they return to the parlor room. The agonized wails of an infant, unseen, forgotten, unloved, ring through my ears. Deafening peals of haunting laughter, tortured screams, and unintelligible, angry shouting echo as the chair creaks, rocking of its own accord. Nothing can stop it. I've hacked the chair and the crib to pieces with an ax, hurled them from the windows, made every attempt to seal them away in other rooms, all without success. The sins I have committed to deserve this unmitigated horror are surely not equal!

I have checked into hotels daily, but I find no relief there. I awake in terror from fitful sleep to find myself back in my own bed, in my own home, to the oppressive, anguished screaming and ceaseless creaking of the rocking chair. Why is it so loud? I've demanded the spirits to reveal themselves, an unanswered shriek for mercy ringing hollow, drowned out by the unholy cacophony of misery that has plagued me these many months.

Day 51:
    There can be no escape. No release from this unrelenting insanity while I still draw breath. The parlor room reeks of petrol, my own doing. I write now my final entry with clarity and resolve. I will not live to see another day. A simple oil lantern should do the trick. As the wailing and creaking pound at my frail and deteriorating psyche, I beg forgiveness for my wicked deeds. Had I known these were the consequences, I would have stayed my hand, and sought to make amends with those I felt had wronged me. I must end this, so that I may be free in death from the crushing weight of guilt in life.

May no other man be as cruel as I have been, and may none suffer an equally cruel fate.

Here is a thing I wrote at 5am just for this xD. Rushed it because I have to work, it might be a tad bit dark but it was fun.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Jesse - PVGames likes this.
  6. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    Thanks @PsychicToaster, I didn't need to sleep tonight anyway!

Just to be clear, this is not a real competition, as in there are no designated winners - anyone who participates will get the special little something, so don't feel pressured! It's just for fun :)

7. PsychicToaster

PsychicToaster Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2016 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Lmao. That was the best I could do at 5am an hour before I had to leave for work. Thanks xD

I will check out the little something when I get home : D love the Mythos tiles. My friends and I have been playing a tabletop called Monster of the Week, so I am very much inspired to do some horror stuff.

8. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]
    Working on having a number of animated environmental pieces as well, such as this fan (and the above posted rocking chair, among others). Going to see if I can make diagonal doors work as well!