Mythos: Reawakening

Discussion in 'PVGames Resource Packs' started by Jesse - PVGames, Sep 14, 2018.

1. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply Ssshhh... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What does this mean for mythos then? Hiatus?

2. PsychicToaster

PsychicToaster Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well I'm A)playing The Last Journey and enjoying it so far and B )a guaranteed patron if that's the route you take

3. NinjaKittyProductions

NinjaKittyProductions Professional Murder Hobos Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Diary entry of Sir Dylan Richard
    Date: Day of our Lord - Aug 23 1907

How long have I seen these images? I have yet to meet with anyone in such a long time... I find my self just babbling into the nothingness that inhabits the dark corners of my dwelling. While coherent, I shall put my final thoughts to page:

Of all the ramblings that come with the paradox of human thought, what must one do? What must one see? Does one need to even accomplish the simple task of understanding? Yes… as to which question this answer belongs is yet another question. Understanding in and of itself is a paradox. Absurdity wrapped in turmoil and the ever need to have an answer. Would an answer bring satisfaction? Would an answer be the key one would need to unlock the tempestuous nature of thought? Yet again, another question is needed to answer a question. When and how and why and where… pointless… the need for what following shortly in pursuit. Subversion of oneself. Subversion of one’s mind. Subversion of one’s identity. That is it, is it not? Meaningless torment from subsequent thoughts ever cascading through dredges of human interpretation. Ransacked understandings ever decomposing as one is never the derivation of one’s own thoughts.

I know it is way past the time for entering but I could not pass up a chance to participate... It was fun getting into the mindset ^_^

Jesse - PVGames and mlogan like this.
  4. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

All is coming along well - got a good portion of the monster resources finished. In the above picture you can see a bunch (but not all) of the monsters included in the pack. A couple of these guys are old favorites re-mastered from the original Mythos, with brand new animations and resources, and others are new to the pack entirely. A couple of the elder gods have "cosmic" variants, one of which you can see in the middle of the picture (the blue sparkly one).

Each monster has a number of sprite sheets included - walking, attacking, evading, getting hit, sleeping, behavior, idling, etc, all in 8 directions. I will also put together MV-style side-view battler sheets as well for each, but the resources are all there if you want to make different kinds of battler sheets or animation sheets as well. Each monster has 4 large (1024x1024) front-facing battlers as well. You can use these as battlers or use them as promo images or cut-scenes or whatever else, like this second image:

[​IMG]

A good portion of the tiles are all done. I still have to go through some and cobble together tile sheets, namely for hospital and industrial interiors, but some miscellaneous ones as well. Vehicles, buildings, trees, and a bunch of interior stuff is already done, including a few animated bits like the rocking chair and ceiling fan.

There are currently two dozen characters completed, I just need to split up the mastersheet into appropriate sprite sheets for each. Each character, like the monsters, have a large number of animations all in 8 directions. So there will be side-view battler sheets included that you can use for MV, but all of the animations have 8 directions so you can make an action game if you wanted, or have diagonal battler sheets, or whatever else you want to do with them.

5. winkr7

winkr7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm buying. Take my money.

6. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Mythos: Reawakening is allllllmost done. Just gotta finish up some of the tiles at this point, maybe add in a few last-minute additions.

mlogan and NinjaKittyProductions like this.
  7. HasdrubalBarca

HasdrubalBarca Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Nice. Hopefully the wait to release won't be too long. Any list of the types of tileset and characters available?

8. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

@HasdrubalBarca - Here is a pic of the characters, facing down a couple of horrors.

There are a bunch of pics throughout this thread that show a bunch of the tiles, but all said and done there are/will be tiles for building exteriors, house interiors (bedrooms, bathrooms, etc), hospital interiors, industrial type interiors, office type interiors, shop interiors, school interiors, pre-built interior room templates; and then there are some exterior tiles but not nearly as many as interior tiles. The main exterior tiles are the buildings (over 100), vehicles (8 vehicles, each with 8 directional facings), gravel/cement/road decals plus some other ground decals, trains. I haven't yet finished up all the outdoor tiles, but there won't be a HUGE amount since most of the outdoor stuff from the various Medieval packs can be used, so not going to recreate things that already exist; and I have not yet finished the "occult" tiles which includes things like statues, ritual items, etc.

Edit: The picture might look a bit grainy, that is from the jpg compression.

9. linglongxiaoxun

linglongxiaoxun Warper Member

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have been waiting for 3 months, please sell as soon as possible!

10. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Pretty much done with Mythos: Reawakening. I want to spend another day or so to make some animated light elements such as flickering candles and what not, but the tiles are all done now. This image shows a handful of some of the occult items. You can't have a Lovecraftian world without someone delving into the occult!

rooge, Gustavo_Br, mardin and 3 others like this.
  11. winkr7

winkr7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Great. I can't wait!

12. NinjaKittyProductions

NinjaKittyProductions Professional Murder Hobos Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The assets are looking beautiful! Cannot wait

13. mardin

mardin "...pretty please?" Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Nice. It is also good to see that a lot of these assets can still be used in a medieval fantasy setting!

14. PsychicToaster

PsychicToaster Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Can't wait to fling money at you. Lmao. And also fling money at your future stuff you talked about.

15. killdude

killdude RPD Officer Veteran

First Language:
    Turkish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Still waiting for modern or steampunk pack :)

16. linglongxiaoxun

linglongxiaoxun Warper Member

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can you specify the release time? I have been waiting for four months!

17. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    The pack is already finished and submitted (I think I might have forgotten to post that?) - So it is up to Degica as to when they release it. I usually do not know when that is until the day it is released :)

18. snow91

snow91 Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome work! Can't wait to get hands on ur new created stuff! :)

19. mardin

mardin "...pretty please?" Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I hope this doesn't end up like with the Warfare Pack, where they kept it for themselves for almost half a year...fingers crossed for a release in this or the next week. Can't wait to get my hands on this!

20. Phantasie

Phantasie Veteran Veteran

I want the pack as much as you do, but to be fair - they arent keeping it for themselves. They have a limited number of packs, and within those packs, a limited number of each genre/type. Their goal is to balance and spread out releases to keep people engaged.

mlogan likes this.