Mythos: Reawakening

Discussion in 'PVGames Resource Packs' started by Jesse - PVGames, Sep 14, 2018.

1. mardin

mardin "...pretty please?" Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I have just bought the pack and it is great.

But it has what I feared it would have...premade characters. Makes it almost unusable for me in a game. I see one character that would kind of fit into the way I see the protagonist in my game, but he carries a machine gun instead of a pistol...which is a bit overkill for a detective. And that limit of creative process to create my own character is hard to accept, especially after having had the ability to craft an endless amount of characters with the previous releases.

I hope the new character maker will come soon and that it will contain some of the mythos clothing outfits. I see the new animations and the weapons and they are awesome. If we can get a character maker with Head (Hair, Hats, Helmets) - Upper Body - Lower Body and sometimes Head - Full Outfit that would be truly amazing.

The Stranger likes this.
  2. Zyphli

Zyphli Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just finished going through all of the tiles and buildings, and it's an awesome looking set. I wasn't sure about buying it because of the period, but so much can still be used in my medieval maps. No regrets, and its going to be a lot of fun to play with.

3. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I hear you Mardin, and I am sure you recall why I needed to switch to pre-made characters to finish up the resources. But you also know that there is some great stuff coming down the road in terms of character-creation assets :)

4. HasdrubalBarca

HasdrubalBarca Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The pack is pretty cool. While the loss of being able to make your own character is lamented I think the new 8 direction sprites for battlers is amazing and the new animations are cool. Also I've noticed some of the screenshots in the store include screens of rooms in an isometric view so I'm assuming you can make maps in an isometric perspective rather than top down with the walls, right? Last time I tried it with the Medieval set it looked funky and you said it wasn't made to be used that way, I think.

Also are you going to do that expansion you talked about for the mythos set?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  5. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    @HasdrubalBarca - You can make rooms in the conventional orthogonal view, or you can do it in a 45o angle. You get walls that supports all of that in the pack. For the 45o angle interiors, I just use the angled walls on the NE and NW sides, and leave the SE and SW walls invisible to the viewer. I then cut the floor out to fit the space I want, and viola, angled interior map :)

6. HasdrubalBarca

HasdrubalBarca Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Cool. Do you have any tips on how to cut up the floor? I think mine are cut up at weird angles lol

7. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, I gave in and bought the Mythos pack. :D I'm extremely impressed by it; the new characters are really cool, as are the new monsters and tiles. Only downside are the lack of alternate weapons for the characters, really. I love the look of the red head biker\mechanist girl, but all she has is some sort of hammer. I know this is likely because you wanted to not have every character equipped with the same weapon, but I'm not a fan of it.

Do you plan on creating any character expansion packs for the Mythos setting, @Jesse - PVGames? I'd love to see a New York style policeman, as well as a doctor and a nurse; you have the Silent Hill looking nurse already. :p

Oh, and a fishman\deep one is a must for any future character pack. We need a character with the 'Innsmouth look'.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  8. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    @HasdrubalBarca - When in doubt, you can actually use the wall pieces as guides for the angle to cut :) I've done it before, just make a new layer in GIMP or Photoshop, add the wall to it, line up the top part of the wall to where you want to cut away the floor, select the entire wall, shift to the lower layer that has the floor, and press delete. Viola! Instant cutout that is angled perfectly.

If you want to get more in-depth, you would make masks that would do this, which is essentially the same thing more or less, just more professional :)

@The Stranger - I don't disagree with you in regards to the characters and their weapons. The new character creator will certainly address these issues :)

The Stranger likes this.
  9. The Stranger

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Jesse - PVGames Will the new character creator have Mythos\1940's parts? I'd love it if you continued to expand upon the Mythos stuff.

10. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    Well, the plan will be a bit more fluid than focusing purely on "what will fit inside this specific themed pack", so there certainly will be more resources for different eras and genres, including more Mythos stuff, but also modern stuff, sci-fi, more medieval and fantasy of course as well. Some post-apocalyptic :)

The Stranger likes this.
  11. killdude

killdude RPD Officer Veteran

First Language:
    Turkish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I pray for you to make modern,sci fi or post-apocalyptic stuff.I don't care for the tileset, just the character packs

12. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    I am looking forward to doing more genres, and I still want to tackle some others related to medieval-themes as well, like vikings!

Gustavo_Br likes this.
  13. Gustavo_Br

Gustavo_Br Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Norse culture would be awsome, as well knights pack!

14. jarzium

jarzium Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    oh wow, i just saw it on Steam and the entire pack is extremely inspiring! any chances that you'll be adding dogs? :)

15. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    There are already dogs in the Town and Country pack I believe? :)

16. The Stranger

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There are, but they're lacking all of the animations of your new Mythos stuff. :)

17. linglongxiaoxun

linglongxiaoxun Warper Member

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have already purchased this package, but unfortunately found that all characters lack the default walking diagram. There is no way for my game to use the new character. Medieval bags contain this content! Will it be added later?

18. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    For best results, you can use Galv's plug-ins (you can find them in this subforum under the plugins list) which will allow you to fully utilize the 8 frame animations. Trust me, you do not want to use 3 frames of animations with such detailed characters!

19. linglongxiaoxun

linglongxiaoxun Warper Member

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I made a srpg game. The plugin does not support 8 frames and only supports the default 3 frames.

20. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Perhaps you can share a bit about your game and what you are trying to present to your player, I could better help :)