Bug MZ 1.4.1 Frame Setting of Effects Reverting to "1"... sometimes (MV-Animations)

Nowis-337

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all,

Here is an editor bug I found with the latest round of 1.4.1 MZ update in regards to selecting the frame number for the sound/flash effects for the MV-compatible animations.

On some occasions, assigned 'frame number' for an effect reverts back to frame 1 when moving between animations. It doesn't happen all the time and sometimes dependant on which other animation you click on.

A workaround is to copy and paste the same effect a few times and change the value, click around other animations and see which one doesn't revert to 1 and delete the rest.
Does anyone else find this happening too?

Here is a video of it happening on a fresh blank project. Hope this helps!

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, I see this too. The reset seems to be triggered by viewing an Effekseer animation.

Based on some testing:
  • If the project is not saved before a reset is triggered on a newly-created MV-style animation, the original timings (if any) are reset to 1.
  • MV-style animations created before the most recent project save are susceptible to visual-only resets for that session.

Incidentally, I also noticed the Max Frames input shows the most recently-entered number for Max Frames that session, but starts at the current value for the current animation. E.g.
  • Set an existing MV animation to 10 Max Frames.
  • Make a new MV animation via Create MV-compatible data: Max Frames is 1 by default.
  • Click to change the new animation's Max Frames.
  • Value displayed is 10.
  • Click OK.
  • The new animation still has only 1 frame!
Just thought I'd mention it since it feels similar and it's on the same tab~

Nowis-337

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@caethyril @Nowis-337 is still happening to you all?
I've updated to 1.4.2 and made a fresh project. I can still reproduce the same bug of the frame reverting (more consistent selecting back and forth between particle / MV animations) - Although I can sometimes reproduce it by selecting another MV animation (in the case of the video it reverts to 3?):

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Archeia - yes, I also see this in 1.4.2. I did a bit more testing this time around~
  1. Select an MV-style animation with 2+ Max Frames and at least 1 SE/Flash effect.
  2. Edit any of that animation's "SE and Flash Timing" entries.

3. View:
    • Any Effekseer animation, or...
    • Any MV-style animation with Max Frames less than the timing of the last-changed effect in step 2.

4. Close the database.
  5. Save the project.
  6. Close and re-launch the editor.

7. Check the timings on the MV-style animation from step 1.
With this approach, I consistently see the most recently-edited SE/Flash timing reset to frame 1 (not all entries, sorry for any confusion). Simply double-clicking an effect, then clicking OK, is enough to mark that effect as "edited". Steps 4~6 can be skipped, the end result seems to be the same.

I think it is connected to the Max Frames of an animation: it occurs when viewing an animation with lower Max Frames than the timing of the most recently-edited SE/Flash effect.
  • Effekseer animations effectively have 0 Max Frames in this context.
  • In @Nowis-337's recent video, the second reset (to frame 3) is triggered by viewing a 3-frame MV-style animation.
An effect can suffer multiple "resets", but only 1 effect gets affected at a time. E.g. if you edit an effect on animation 100, then edit an effect on animation 101, the effect on anim 100 will be "safe" (unless/until you edit it again).

If I click OK before triggering a reset, that seems sufficient to "protect" the timing values, e.g.
  • (Steps 1 & 2 as in spoiler above.)
  • Click OK to apply changes and close the database without viewing any other animations.
  • Re-open the database.
  • View the MV-style animation.
  • View an Effekseer animation.
  • View the MV-style animation again - no reset!
However, clicking Apply does not prevent a reset. I assume the bug is rooted in something that is cleared when the database is closed.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

uOy9Wjc.png

Something something.
Dev be like: "I'll make the character goes amnesia so I could explain the world and the lore better and immersive to the players"
Whoever decided that the 5th area of Xenoblade 3 had to be THAT big and be explored in the manner it does needs to be shot. My OCD cannot leave a tiny shard of the map hidden and those controls can go right on and f*** themselves. -.-

/rant off
Raggon wrote on NoPatience's profile.
:kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renice