MZ Actor based HP/MP/TP Customization (inkl. Gauge colors) - v1.0 supporting icons and text commands

ST0RMTiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
[MZ] Actor based HP/MP/TP Customization (inkl. Gauge colors) v1.0
ST0RMTiger

Introduction
This plugin lets you completely customize HP / MP / TP Names and Gauges (including colors) for each Actor - independently of it's class.

Everything is effecting both Battle-Menu AND Game-Menu.

Customization is done completely in the Plugin Manager. No Notetags are used. Define HP / MP / TP styles independently for as many actors as you want. Choose whether you want to keep standard maker functionality for each single possible customization option. You can combine everything or nothing as you need it.

If you prefer a class based config, this is also easy. Just define one Actor of each class and use it as a reference for the other actors of that same class.

Features

Customize per Actor:
  • Gauge Name (e.g., exchanging HP -> Life)
  • Gauge Name Color (e.g., orange color for the word “Tech”)
  • Gauge Gradient Color (1 and 2) (e.g., black to yellow color gradient instead of standard blue one)
  • Current Value Numbers Color (e.g., yellow color for value of actors current HP instead of standard white)
  • Customize these displayed numbers of current HP / MP / TP to change to a customized color if below a certain percentage threshold
  • Customize these displayed numbers of current HP / MP / TP to change to a customized color if actor is “dying” (system state if HP < 25 %) or if actor is dead (affects only HP in maker standard and can now affect also MP / TP if you want)
  • Configure these numbers to not display at all (e.g. evilness (former MP) without numbers)
  • It's now possible to show the max Value also! (even in a different color from the current value)
  • Text commands are supported to make multiple color texts, change size and to support system icons (similar to Text-Messages)
  • being able to set the maximum text width to a higher (or smaller) value (system width is fixed to 28 pixels only! to not draw over the bars). Everything (incl. icons) will be scaled (text will be narrowed and icons shrinked) if text width exceeds this parameter value.

Screenshots

Battle

1634076070679.png

Menu
Menu.PNG

How to Use
Just import the plugin and set up everything in the Plugin Manager:
Parameters.PNG

To keep system standard (text / color) for a parameter, just leave it blank.

NOTE: The maker plugin manager is a bit tricky when trying to reset a value to blank that had been set to something before. If you try this on the page where you shall define a number (as for the colors for example) it will fall back to 0 if you delete and confirm. 0 means "white" and not "system standard". You empty the value switching to the "text" tab and delete the value here and confirm with "ok". Then the value is set back to empty.

Following Text-Commands are supported to be used inside HP/MP/TP Names:
- \C[x] with x specifying a color
- \C to return to normal color (as specified in the parameters)
- \{ to make font bigger
- \} to make font smaller

Examples:
- L\C[3]i\C[12]f\Ce for colorful word "Life"
- \{Po\}w\}e\}r for the word power with each character becoming smaller
(until reaching minimum font size)
- H\i[84]P for Icon 84 (Heart) being placed between letters "H" and "P"

Demo
I made a demo project which can be downloaded below.

Download
Download MZ Version 1.0

Terms and Credits
You may use this plugin in every rpg maker project, even adult and commercial.
You have to credit ST0RMTiger.
You are not allowed to commercialize the plugin, only your game itself that may use this plugin.
All distributions, modifications etc. of this plugin have to keep the information and license conditions written above.

Background to this plugin
This plugin is a port from my MV version. But as drawing Actor Status is done really different between both Maker Versions, this was quite a rewrite from Scratch in some parts.

Last edited:

Synchromystic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love it when I stumble across one of those little things that I didn't even know I needed. Nice work!

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does it conflict with VS plugins especially battle core ones?

ST0RMTiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Unfortunately no one would be able to answer that definitively. VS obfuscate their code, so it is not possible to check it for possible collisions.

I could imagine to work fine, but you just have to try it out.Try a different order also, so put my plugin above or below the vs plugin to see if one option might work.

Skymin

Shadow Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When using VS battle core plugin it allows me to alter the colors fine enough, but no matter what I try to do it won't let me alter the actual names of "HP, MP & TP" on-screen nor allow me to change them to simple icons either. (Basically, I can't alter HP to an icon or "Life" unless I turn off the VS battle plugin.)

I've not only tried to put this plugin above and below the vs plugin (separately of course), but I've even tried copy/pasting the exact settings from the sample game Storm made, and even they turn out funny when using the VS plugin as well.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
When using VS battle core plugin it allows me to alter the colors fine enough, but no matter what I try to do it won't let me alter the actual names of "HP, MP & TP" on-screen nor allow me to change them to simple icons either. (Basically, I can't alter HP to an icon or "Life" unless I turn off the VS battle plugin.)

I've not only tried to put this plugin above and below the vs plugin (separately of course), but I've even tried copy/pasting the exact settings from the sample game Storm made, and even they turn out funny when using the VS plugin as well.
The problem is that VS plugins are ofuscated,that makes it a lot more harder to make a compatibility patch.

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm I guess I won't be using this then, since I use VS battle plugin quite a lot in my projects

ST0RMTiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you both @Skymin and @Megablackdragon31 for trying / supporting me with your explanations.

I can only say, i really would try to make a compatibility patch, but with obfuscated code of VS plugins, it is like seeking a needle in a haystack. And by the experiments you already made, i can say that it is nearly impossible to fix it without the VS code (readable!), because they seem to have overridden the core maker functions and wrote their own functions for drawing the gauge parts. Otherwise, my plugin should have worked.

VS have great plugins, but using VS plugins, you have to live with what you can set up there in most cases. You won't get many compatible plugins for using besides them. Even if coders would be open to make compatible plugins. They just aren't able to do that :(

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?
The holidays are upon us! Everyone search for safety from the grocery store music!
I don't understand people sometime. Walking to work today came across someone walking the opposite way in a nice suit, I politely move to the side into the shrubbery so he doesn't have to get his suit dirty and say "good morning" as he passes me, he turns around glaring daggers and asks "why are you talking to me?" like he's bloody offended by me wishing him a good morning or something. Just, why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnderMon