Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
daeb1da78ffb649a17319b4cf2263f9015f3f561.jpg

To go along with our publisher sale, RPG Maker MZ has also been updated to the latest version! And included in those updates are two much anticipated upgrades to the Battle Animations tab:

Effekseer integration updated to the latest version!
The ability to use MV Style Frame Animations!

To celebrate, in conjunction with the Effekseer team, we’re hosting the MZ Battle Animation Showdown over on Steam!

And what will you do for this contest? Making Battle Animations!

The contest will have two different categories, one for MZ Effekseer Particle Animations, and one for MV Style Frame Animations. You can enter one, or both.

Make the best animations you can using the rules below and see if you can take the prize!

How to Submit your Entry
Download the Template Project Linked at the bottom of the post.
After editing the Template Project for this event, please upload it using File → Upload to the Workshop from inside of RPG Maker MZ

When uploading, use the following Tags
Category:Resources,
Resource Type:Animations,
Flavor:Optional
Description: Please include a description of the participating categories, an introduction to your work, and a list of credits for the materials you used.

Rules
  • To submit your animation to the contest, add it to the workshop as a MZ Project using the template included at the bottom of this post. (this submission should be an unencrypted project, not a deployed file).
  • Place your animation in the 1st slot in the Animations tab of the database.
  • You may add any materials to the project you need to showcase your animation. The judging will be done based on the preview in the MZ engine.
  • You may only use user-created resources that are available for modification and commercial use. Proper copyrights and/or credits must be included in the entry.
  • You can use your own resources, but you must include copyrights and/or credits.
  • You may not create a character that infringes on third party copyright or trademarks.
  • You reserve the right to delete your entry even if it has already been posted and voted on.
  • You may edit your work and/or the description after posting (we may contact you for confirmation if the character has changed significantly since the original posting).
  • Submissions including adult materials such as extreme violence and/or nudity will not be accepted.
  • Only one Particle Animation entry and one Frame Animation entry per user.

Prizes
After the submission deadline, our judges will determine the best of the best in each category. There will be separate 1st through 3rd place prizes for each.

• 1st Place: $50 Steam Wallet Code
  • 2nd Place: $25 Steam Wallet Code
  • 3rd Place: $10 Steam Wallet Code

Bonus Particle Animation Assets from Effekseer!

As a special bonus, the Effekseer team has sent a special pack of Particle Animation assets, free for everyone! You are free to use them in your entry, or in your latest projects!

Contest Dates
The contest will
run from December 9th until December 27th 11:59PM Pacific
! Get your entries in before then!

Entry Template
The entry template is a RPG Maker MZ project stripped down to the bare minimum for smaller file size. You must use this as a basis for your submission. You can add any materials needed to highlight your animation (including enemy graphics and backgrounds for the animation preview).

So enjoy the Publisher Sale! Get RPG Maker engines, packs, or maybe even check out some of our other games for inspiration. And get to work on those Animations. We look forward to seeing them!

Note: This contest is being run through the RPG Maker MZ Steam Workshop. All entries MUST be submitted there.

Last edited:

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
LMAO I read this as "animation slowdown" and thought the new update messed up something else.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like it when the animation template link is a steam link filter :guffaw:

Muk adel heid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Can we use a plugin to increase the framerate of frame based animations? they run at 15 fps.
It would be unfair for a frame-based animation to compete against fully 60fps particle animation.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can we use a plugin to increase the framerate of frame based animations? they run at 15 fps.
It would be unfair for a frame-based animation to compete against fully 60fps particle animation.
No, but they aren't competing against them anyway, they are in two different categories.

The frame animations will only be competing against other frame animations and the particle animations will only be competing against other particle animations.

There is a 1st-3rd prize for each category separately.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I wanna ask. How is it going?
I've seen at least 4 people submit.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I probably should've entered this, but having it on steam workshop was kind of a weird choice. Probably explains the low turnout, too.

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I probably should've entered this, but having it on steam workshop was kind of a weird choice. Probably explains the low turnout, too.
It was definitely something we did as an experiment, and it wasn't particularly successful. We do want to try to do more with Steam infrastructure, so we'll probably do some other events using it, but we're rethinking how.

Most events will be on the forums here though, as more of the fans who participate are here.

Muk adel heid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
It was definitely something we did as an experiment, and it wasn't particularly successful. We do want to try to do more with Steam infrastructure, so we'll probably do some other events using it, but we're rethinking how.

Most events will be on the forums here though, as more of the fans who participate are here.
You guys should have promoted the event even more. Was definitely good even with the low participation.
I vote for the second part of it so we could have more people participate.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
^ That could be a big part of it. By the time I realized it was even going on, it was already done. As someone who enjoys making their own effekseer animations, this was right up my alley too. :(

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
But I wish you do more of these with animations, possibly with higher turnout if we can - maybe try involving some of the bigger names such as MGC, for one, or even some pixel artists.

Castspeller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So for those of use who do not have the Steam version and cannot download from Workspace and the winning entries be made available here?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's up to the people who uploaded if they want to upload it everywhere.

I will say though that anyone who has purchased from our site can use the key to activate MZ on Steam, so you could download them anyway.

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's up to the people who uploaded if they want to upload it everywhere.

I will say though that anyone who has purchased from our site can use the key to activate MZ on Steam, so you could download them anyway.
Now I feel bad as I didn't know.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy treason day, Colonial friends <3

I am officially amused. One of the NPCs in my project is basically meant as the guy you check in with to point you where you should go next, including if you’ve been away for a bit and have forgotten.

I can conclusively say he does his job nicely. I was out of town over the weekend. I had forgotten what I was working on, so I checked what I had last done with him for a reminder. ^.^
While talking about anime with a friend got the idea of doing this. :kaopride:
4m6nhlF.jpg

Character: Mirajane Strauss from Fairy Tail.
Dog saliva is an antiseptic.
NghNgE9.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeiyaSuggests