Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I do anything similar to "region restrictions" right out of the gate, or with the available Visustella plugins?

if not,

Is there a reason my character walks over *some* impassable tiles and not others?
--->it's a tree trunk on the second layer, right above the ground...

How do I change the font?
--->I tried copy/pasting the exact file name in the systems tab but... nothing and it crashes...

My last thing is somewhat of a gripe.

Yanfly's plugin were extremely user-friendly and really let you dive in without any JS knowledge, and honestly, I'm not feeling so confident with these ones. I find myself just sitting here staring at the all the jargon, thinking it'll make sense but NOPE, I'm just not getting it.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Events and Movement Core VisuStella MZ [I hope this would be helpful and understand questions correctly.] I am assuming is about regions. Layer I am messing with it yet...:kaoswt2:
Region Rulings Section

Allow Regions
All Allow:
Walk Allow:
Player Allow:
Event Allow:
Vehicle Allow:
Boat Allow:
Ship Allow:
Airship Allow:
- Insert Region ID's where the affected unit type can enter.
- Region ID's range from 0 to 255.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
To change the font, add your font into the folder and then change the name in the System 2 tab.

As for walking on impassable tiles: do you have a passable tile in one of the layers above it?

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Events and Movement Core VisuStella MZ [I hope this would be helpful and understand questions correctly.]
Region Rulings Section

Allow Regions
All Allow:
Walk Allow:
Player Allow:
Event Allow:
Vehicle Allow:
Boat Allow:
Ship Allow:
Airship Allow:
- Insert Region ID's where the affected unit type can enter.
- Region ID's range from 0 to 255.
Omg I feel like such a bisch -_- I opened it but didn’t really skim it, thinking it wouldn’t have much to offer. lol.

why do I always do this!?

To change the font, add your font into the folder and then change the name in the System 2 tab.

As for walking on impassable tiles: do you have a passable tile in one of the layers above it?

I tried to change the name of the font in the system tab but it didn’t work. It just says it can’t find the font when I boot the game.

Rubescen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I tried to change the name of the font in the system tab but it didn’t work. It just says it can’t find the font when I boot the game.
Did you first put the font file in the fonts folder as slimmmeiske recommended? Otherwise the game has no font to find.

edit:
1598222638803.png
edit edit: also note that not all fonts can be redistributed in your game, you should check the font TOU.

Last edited:

Kupotepo

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am having trouble understanding your questions. Do you refer to Main Front Filename, Number of Front Filename, or Fallback Front?

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to change it for the Main/Number font after I put the corresponding font in the font folder of my project.

Rubescen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I tried to change it for the Main/Number font after I put the corresponding font in the font folder of my project.
I added an example in my post above. You can check that and see if it helps.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I added an example in my post above. You can check that and see if it helps.
If it’s a font that worked fine in MV, it should work, correct?
its in the correct format and folder but it just says it can’t find it.

Kupotepo

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rubescen and @slimmmeiske2, I am K.O. on this one. What is woff extension file? Did it say web front like CSS?

However, I still being useful. :kaothx:

License

These fonts are licensed under the Open Font License.

You can use them freely in your products & projects - print or digital, commercial or otherwise. However, you can't sell the fonts on their own.

Last edited:

Rubescen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
yeah, sorry my second edit was off-topic regarding terms of use. (@Kupotepo I also use google fonts -- the example I gave is one. They are fine to use as long as the terms of use allow for redistribute as I understand the TOU).

@Zakarijah I'd recommend copy/pasting the file name from the property tab of the font into the system 2 entry, just to make sure everything is the same. If that doesn't work can you show a screenshot of your fonts folder and system2 tab?

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Capture.PNG

I'm having the same trouble w/ a Google Font. I tried putting the font in both the general MZ font folder and the font folder specific to my Project.

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'd tried adding and removing the file extension, but did it before I started monkeying with putting the font file in the specific Project folder. Once I finally put both strategies together, it finally worked haha ... Thanks!

ulosbal

Shamach
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Whatever I try the game always shows me the same font in small and poorly defined ... I don't know what to think about it. It does not take into account the new font. (folder font and system2 ok same name.ttf, font size 26)
other people have the same problem?

ulosbal

Shamach
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
OK (solved) if you have the same problem create a new project and copy your game into it. It's radical but it solves the problem.
Of course do not forget to also copy your asets your js and everything (; _; )' thank you copy-paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

I work late on the game so I sleep in then I wake up late so I have to work hard to make up for sleeping in meaning I work late again and sleep in again... what a nasty cycle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrimCr