Suggestion MZ doesn't allow copying from one project's event to another project's?

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, a workflow issue. Back in MV, to get around the fact that you can't open multiple event windows in a single open project, I would open the same project twice and then copy and paste stuff from one event to another. It's helpful, though not ideal, when dealing with multiple events with similar but not exactly the same operations.

To the problem: I don't know why, but MZ doesn't seem to allow copying from one project and pasting in another? Seems like a bizarre backstep when a front-step (allowing multiple event windows to be open simultaneously) would have been appreciated.

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's odd.

I just opened 2 instances & it worked here. I even pasted from an MV into an MZ as a second test, and that worked!

Are you using the Degica Store version or the steam version? It's the only difference I can think of.

Not likely, but did you try both keyboard copy/paste (Ctrl + C / Ctrl V) and the context menu method (highlight & right click)?

Apart from that, I don't knpw what else to suggest.

Good luck getting it sorted out.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's odd.

I just opened 2 instances & it worked here. I even pasted from an MV into an MZ as a second test, and that worked!

Are you using the Degica Store version or the steam version? It's the only difference I can think of.

Not likely, but did you try both keyboard copy/paste (Ctrl + C / Ctrl V) and the context menu method (highlight & right click)?

Apart from that, I don't knpw what else to suggest.

Good luck getting it sorted out.
Hm. Yeah, I tried both keyboard and mouse copy paste. Using the steam version. Wonder what's going on there, then.

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've heard of issues with the steam version but, sadly, can't help with them.

Hopefully another user of the steam version will chime in and confirm or deny the issue.

If others can copy / paste in the steam version, it may be corrupt and in need of a reinstall.

Sorry I couldn't help and good luck getting it working!

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a lazy butt and haven't activated my MZ steam key yet, so I can confirm that copy+paste doesn't work between MZ nonsteam trial version and MV steam version.

Once I swap over to the steam version I'll report back, assuming nobody else has.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My Steam version of MZ has no issue copying events between windows.

ShiningPhoibe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's weird. I have the Steam version and just yesterday I copied parts of an event, as well as entire common events, switches, and variables from one project to another (I don't have any reason to copy from within the same project). Earlier, I also copied entire maps. Sometimes it deselects what you want to copy, so you have to select and copy again, but it mostly works fine.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did some experimentation with clipview, and if I change the winAPI format ID from 'application/rpgmz-event' to 'application/rpgmv-event' (or vice versa) event data can be copied between versions.

If I don't tweak it, cross-version copypaste doesn't work, but copypaste between different windows of the same version does.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:
Solovei wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, just wanted to say, thank you for helping me fix that event with the step count! I followed your example exactly and it works now:kaojoy:
still waiting for original character contest 3 bust/face dlc release :kaoluv:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxiee05