Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Resource Type: Animation
Maker Format: MZ
Description:
For one reason or the other, the default Light All 3 animation doesn't show the hex circles the other Element All 3 animations do (those three circles with the lightning that play at the start of all the animations). Maybe it was intentional, but to me it just looks like there's something supposed to be there and as a result it just looks incomplete.

I've tried poking around in Effekseer to fix this myself, but I just cannot make enough sense of the program to figure out what's going on here that makes it different from the other Element All 3 animations. So I'd like to ask for someone who does know Effekseer to take a look and change it. It'd be nice if they also explained what was different from the other Element All 3 animations, but if that's beyond the scope of this section of the forums I understand.

coyotecraft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

It's weird. The hex circle nodes are there. But for whatever reason they had visibility unchecked and "Delete when no more child" checked. Which is different from how all the other files are set. Changing those 2 setting for the 3 hex circles so the match the other animations fixes it.

It's easy to miss too. In my Effekseer, it doesn't have the "basic settings" tab docked to the UI. So going through the other settings it all looks like those nodes are identical to the other animations except for the color.

D.L. Yomegami

Sanely Insane
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And here I was, thinking the answer was a lot more complicated than it actually turned out to be.

In replicating your fix independently, I found that my copy of the file still had the hex circle nodes visible, but unchecking the "Destroy when no more children" option fixed it just the same. Nevertheless, I can confirm your fix works just as well.

Thanks for the help! It's greatly appreciated.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm a bit conflicted. One the one hand, it's quite visually cool to make bodies of water that the player can interact with by going into it. However obscuring the player character from a gameplay perspective is pretty bad. Hmm... There's the option to make the area around the player visible, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of submerging them. :unsure:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Another two plugins done! One being an on map grid inventory.
busy with my newborn child, can't even touch pc at all ;_;
Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ: Episode 6 Starts NOW! Let's map some caves!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedewgun