[MZ] Formation Control v:2.3 : options to manage group formation (updated: 10-25-2020)

Logica

Let's go to paradise!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Licence: Free for personal use or comercial use.

This script gives the developer greater control over the management of the character group. Despite its simplicity, the functions presented here can enhance games with a focus on the group of characters.

Plugin Commands

• A1: Formation: On/Off: Enable / Disable Formation;
  • A2: Reserve Group On/Off : Enables/Disables the reserve group at menu.
  • B1: Mark main character : Mark the character from main. Main character cannot go to the reserve.
  • B2: Mark off Main Character: Mark off main status from a the character.
  • C1: Character is Main? : Verify if the character is mains.
  • C2: is Position X Main?: Verify if the character is mains.
  • D1: Fix Character: Fixes the character in your position in the group.
  • D2: Fix Position: Fixes the character that is in the specified position.
  • D3: Unfix Character: Release an actor from his position within the group.
  • D4: Unfix Position: Release an actor from his position within the group.
  • D5: Unfix All Characters: Unfix all characters in the group.
  • E1: Is the Character Fixed? : Checks whether a specific character is attached to the group.
  • E2: Is this position fixed?: Checks whether a position in the group contains a character attached to it.

formation1.jpg

What is the difference between staying a character and making him main?

Fixed:
A fixed character cannot be repositioned and cannot be sent to the group reserve.

Marked: A character marked as a main character cannot be sent to the group reservation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Uh... oh...
:MV3:
Was waiting for it, and you didn't knew it!
That was a must for many projects, without this we wouldn't have leaders! Gonna test it with a rotation plugin too, hope it works!

Logica

Let's go to paradise!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Exactly. Every version of RM I create such a solution because there is no such option "by default" in RM. This time I took the courage to share with the developers who are going through the same problem that I went through when dealing with a large number of characters in the group of adventurers. Thanks for the feedback!

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Thank you for this. It's really simple yet effective as it works with the already existing formation command.
I don't know why Kadokawa doesn't implement a feature like this from the beginning. It's something I consider essential for most JRPGs. I remember doing a lot of eventing just to make something like this on RPG Maker 2000/2003, as I'm no coder I was just waiting for a good soul to provide what you did here, thanks again.

Logica

Let's go to paradise!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this. It's really simple yet effective as it works with the already existing formation command.
I don't know why Kadokawa doesn't implement a feature like this from the beginning. It's something I consider essential for most JRPGs. I remember doing a lot of eventing just to make something like this on RPG Maker 2000/2003, as I'm no coder I was just waiting for a good soul to provide what you did here, thanks again.
I am happy that this code was useful. This is a function that should be standard, not PRG MAKER, but unfortunately it is not.

I am also not a programmer, I am an amateur writer of visual novels. These scritps are just a new hobby.

Thanks for the comment. I am currently reviewing the code and will soon have an optimized version of it.

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Hi Logica, with this new version when I use the D2: Fix Position command, a message appears telling me which ID I choose. I guess it's probably a leftover from your testing.
nw_bnsKStEbyO.png

Logica

Let's go to paradise!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Xelion You're right. Thank you for the warning. I quickly fixed the files by excluding this alert message. Soon I do an optimization on the scritp, when I launch an adon for him. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy