Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone.
I've recently bought RPG Maker MZ and been tweaking around with the generator and noticed some issues with the Generator sprites, namely the colouring.
emple1.pngAs you can see with the attached image attempting any colouring other than the base colouring for the eyes seems to affect the eyes sclera in addition to the iris. So I have modified the colouring on all the base sprites to correct this issue.
emple2.png

You can download the fixed files here.
Please let me know if you have any issues or if there are any other issues with the sprites and I will look into them :)

Current Fixes:
  • Fixed SV and TV Base sprites for Female, Kid and Male to correct the colouring on eyes.
  • Fixed FV "Crying Eyes", the tears appeared to also be affected by the eye colour.

Instructions:
  1. Open your RPG Maker MZ directory, If you are using Steam it is whever you downloaded it to. Alternatively right click RPG Maker MZ in steam, highlight "Manage" and select "Browse Local Files"
  2. Open the downloaded file and drag and drop the Generator folder. Allow it to replace existing files.
  3. Open MZ and it's generator to check that it has worked

Additional Fixes:
  • I have a separate file available here, this is fix if anyone is using Schlangan's Extended Generator, essentially what happens here is the generator only works correctly with 144 x 144 sized FV sprites however a recent update extended certain FV parts to 160 x 160 making them incompatable with the Generator. I have cropped the files to the correct sizing.

Instructions:
  1. Replace MZ's Generator files with those inside the "Extended Generator Fixes" files
  2. Follow the instructions provided with Schlangan's Extended Generator and import MZ's files.
Update:
  • Edited the additional fixes as Extended Generator unquiely names the files before import

Credits:
Free for both non commercial and commercial games, since these are edits of existing parts, credits go to Kadokawa, as these are minor edits that took around 20 minuites you do not need to credit me. Feel free to edit these however credit must go to Kadokawa.
You need to own a legal copy of RPG Maker MZ to use them unless stated otherwise. Additionally, they can only be used on RPG Maker products.

Last edited:

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, TheOneEyedOne, I would like to use your file, but before starting, I have few questions to ask.

So, I have MZ and the extended generator. I will use TOEO - Generator Fixes.rar first, and then TOEO- Extended Generator Fixes.rar. After overwriting my MZ files with these two fixes, I import to the extended generator. Is this correct?

That's say. If I only use TOEO - Generator Fixes.rar, this only fixes MZ generator's file, not including the 160x160 parts from the extended generator. Am I right?

On the other hand, if I only use TOEO- Extended Generator Fixes.rar, does it fix for both MZ and the extended generator?

I don't want to mess my files up, so I would like to ask first. Thanks. Your fix is great. I really want to use them for new characters. :D

TheOneEyedOne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, TheOneEyedOne, I would like to use your file, but before starting, I have few questions to ask.

So, I have MZ and the extended generator. I will use TOEO - Generator Fixes.rar first, and then TOEO- Extended Generator Fixes.rar. After overwriting my MZ files with these two fixes, I import to the extended generator. Is this correct?

That's say. If I only use TOEO - Generator Fixes.rar, this only fixes MZ generator's file, not including the 160x160 parts from the extended generator. Am I right?

On the other hand, if I only use TOEO- Extended Generator Fixes.rar, does it fix for both MZ and the extended generator?

I don't want to mess my files up, so I would like to ask first. Thanks. Your fix is great. I really want to use them for new characters. :D

Hey sorry I am the worst at instructions.
Thats correct both files replace whats in MZ's default generator folder. Then import MZ's files into the extended generator.

Oh and to your last question. Use both files for the extended generator. You would only use the first file alone if you were only going to use the default generator.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

AeroPergold wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Its-a me, Pergold from Gamejolt!
I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yam655