Choose your top 3 MZ character sets!

• Total voters
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you make a base for this set? I love the concept and it would be great to be able to make our own characters in this style.

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I'd pay for those resources in a generator, srsly (please do it :D). Anyways, amazing job, buddie, go on!

Reactions: Low

Low

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Here's one more completed from the popular list. Didn't seem like a front line fighter so she doesn't have a lot of fancy moves. She will make up for that with lots of magic effects and action sequencing.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, another one so soon! Winter must be coming because it feels like Christmas again!

User636

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's one more completed from the popular list. Didn't seem like a front line fighter so she doesn't have a lot of fancy moves. She will make up for that with lots of magic effects and action sequencing.
Nice! Been waiting for this one!

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow this are great. What software do you use to make this in?

Low

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Wow this are great. What software do you use to make this in?
Thank you. Drawn and colored in clip studio. Animated in dragonbones.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you. Drawn and colored in clip studio. Animated in dragonbones.
Are they vector? The lines look so smooth. How do you get the frames from dragonbones? And know which 3 to use?

AkraticHuman

Human
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Would love to see some released as Dragonbones Union compatible files on top of the sprite sheets. Seems like you could get so many more fluid motions out of that.

Low

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Are they vector? The lines look so smooth. How do you get the frames from dragonbones? And know which 3 to use?
They are just drawn digitally. Not really any true vector art.
It's a careful process. theyre built in dragonbones specifically to be exported in 3 frames. So i make a 12 fps animation at 12 frames long. So when I export it at 6fps i only get 3 frames per movement, each movement doesn't loop back as MV/MZ already handles that. I dont name them what they are, instead I number them 1- 18 for 18 moves on a sheet. Export all moves, then texture package them into the MV/MZ format. Lastly resize them to whatever looks best.

The dragonbones files as they are now wont translate well unless I take extra time to clean them up and make sure they loop smoothly on their own. Easy enough but very tedious! Hope that helps some.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I bought this set on itch.io I hope more of them come out.

I wish someone would do the MV Trinity characters in a large format except that's a much different mission.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wish someone would do the MV Trinity characters in a large format except that's a much different mission.
I made one of the MV Trinity characters in the larger format for an SV Battler. It was based off of one of Vibrato's static images. It came out okay. But alas, we are not allowed to share edits based off of paid DLC's. Though, I believe it is just of the likeness of the DLC character not an actual edit of one of paid resources, so I guess I'm unsure if it can be shared but better to error on the safe side and not post it until an adim gives an okay to do so.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just a suggestion if you ever get to 2_7/2_8 I always thought they would be bow users.

Low

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Just a suggestion if you ever get to 2_7/2_8 I always thought they would be bow users.
Good call I will likely do a bow or crossbow. I was unsure of a few of them still. 2-5 and 2-6 I think also are a little unclear from my memory. I don't remember if their busts actually indicate a weapon or not.

Rogue Milk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I see 2_5 as a sharpshooter and 2_6 dual wielding pistols.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

i want to make videogame, though i am burned out on games with RPG elements, but the only gamedev tool i know how to use is rpg maker. :/
Rakon wrote on xizorandy's profile.
Hello! I found a post of lightning strike pictures you posted. You said you made them, am I allowed to use them in my commercial project. Would be really cool!^^
evhht2zr.png

Have a nice day!
It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hallistra