JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello

Thanks for the quick reply, I have been out of town and just got to read it. Nice good to hear i think offsetting would help a lot.

About the hitboxes, I phrased it wrong I think. I was looking for a way to mimic the <Hitbox down: 5> Notetag or <activation square: 5> tags from visustella's event and movement core. It was handy for triggering events in a certain range.

Thank you again.
I apologize, I missed this entirely amidst the other messages above.

At time of writing, JABS is not compatible with VisuStella's event and movement core.
It messes with events, JABS messes with events, but I can't see how they mess with events due to obfuscation, so I can't accommodate it.

Reeecola

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a question regarding Ally AI.
Is it possible to make Allies but not in your party?
Because I wanted to make a scene where some NPCs can fight the enemies.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a question regarding Ally AI.
Is it possible to make Allies but not in your party?
Because I wanted to make a scene where some NPCs can fight the enemies.
you can define events to have
HTML:
<team:0>
and that should force an event to be on the same team as you and your allies.

This is a largely untested functionality, but in theory it should work.

Reeecola

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
you can define events to have
HTML:
<team:0>
and that should force an event to be on the same team as you and your allies.

This is a largely untested functionality, but in theory it should work.
It works!
Thanks for the solution.

Oh, and uh... One more question. Is there any way to disable the balloon icon?

ilansas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I tried reading the documentation page but I still don't understand how to make this work...
I've go stuck after enabling both J-Base and J-ABS.. but how do i make the events(monsters) to attack me?

BLKNeko

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Brazilian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, is possible to make the floor cause damage to player ? like in regular RPGMaker if play walk on it suffer damage, when i tried, the player just don't take damage, i need to add some thing ?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, is possible to make the floor cause damage to player ? like in regular RPGMaker if play walk on it suffer damage, when i tried, the player just don't take damage, i need to add some thing ?
This was a WIP functionality I was re-adding, as I didn't even realize it was broken until a couple months ago. However, I have not been actively working on this due to non-RM things taking priority, so the fix (which includes some extra functionality) is not completely implemented, and sitting in my development branch of the repo.

I apologize for this inconvenience.

I tried reading the documentation page but I still don't understand how to make this work...
I've go stuck after enabling both J-Base and J-ABS.. but how do i make the events(monsters) to attack me?
It is recommended to leverage the demo project and build from that instead of trying to just implant the functionality anew. There are a lot of pieces to this monster of a plugin where implementation can go awry.

Oh, and uh... One more question. Is there any way to disable the balloon icon?
I believe I made this a configurable in the plugin settings.

BLKNeko

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Brazilian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This was a WIP functionality I was re-adding, as I didn't even realize it was broken until a couple months ago. However, I have not been actively working on this due to non-RM things taking priority, so the fix (which includes some extra functionality) is not completely implemented, and sitting in my development branch of the repo.

I apologize for this inconvenience.

It is recommended to leverage the demo project and build from that instead of trying to just implant the functionality anew. There are a lot of pieces to this monster of a plugin where implementation can go awry.

I believe I made this a configurable in the plugin settings.
Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the late response too, i was just testing the tile until they just work without a reason, i don't know if i was doing some thing wrong, but it work now, i think this may be some plugin interferrence like VisuStella.

seruzen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
KOREAN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can I get rid of the effect of the character turning backwards when knockback is triggered?

I want the knockback to be executed with the direction fixed when the actor is hit

111.png

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the late response too, i was just testing the tile until they just work without a reason, i don't know if i was doing some thing wrong, but it work now, i think this may be some plugin interferrence like VisuStella.
It would not surprise me, as I've encountered many difficulties when trying to work around visustella's plugins. Due to their obfuscation, I cannot fully support any of their plugins. However, since my code is wide open for all to see, they may be able to work around my code or build compatibility patches or something if the demand is great enough.

Can I get rid of the effect of the character turning backwards when knockback is triggered?

I want the knockback to be executed with the direction fixed when the actor is hit

View attachment 221144
This was an opinionated decision to make to force being knocked away and also facing away.

For at least the player, you can hold the strafe button (which locks direction) to prevent this.

For everyone else, to mess with direction locking/unlocking in such a short timeframe would cause more problems than it would help (when I first implemented it, it was as you wanted, but it resulted in randomly leaving people in a locked state, or unlocking them when they shouldn't, mostly because of timing and input overlap).

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you use this to make a tacical RPG like fire emblem? Basicly in fire emblem you have units you position on the battlemap and attacks to/from enemies take place in quick 3 to 10 second encounters. both allies and enemies take turns moving/battling/other things

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you use this to make a tacical RPG like fire emblem? Basicly in fire emblem you have units you position on the battlemap and attacks to/from enemies take place in quick 3 to 10 second encounters. both allies and enemies take turns moving/battling/other things
An action battle system is not a tactical turn-based system.
I believe others have invested time and effort into building such engines, though; use the forums search tools and you can probably find it.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
An action battle system is not a tactical turn-based system.
I believe others have invested time and effort into building such engines, though; use the forums search tools and you can probably find it.
Ok. I've been considering creating a post apocalyptic themed fire emblem type game

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Never could get it to work, it looks amazing, though I had to remove it due to it not letting players name their character, it'd just skip the event.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Never could get it to work, it looks amazing, though I had to remove it due to it not letting players name their character, it'd just skip the event.
Ahh, probably because the core scripts block access to the `Scene_NameChange` or wahtever its called, and I personally haven't really utilized that functionality myself and thus never encountered it.

I'll see if I can rope that into a fix for whenever I get back to updating this thing.

plumbbobparadise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great plugin! Thanks for your hard work on it!

Okay, so I tried to update the plugins in my project folder and got this message. The only plugins I have are those in the J-ABS folder.

syntax error.png

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great plugin! Thanks for your hard work on it!

Okay, so I tried to update the plugins in my project folder and got this message. The only plugins I have are those in the J-ABS folder.

View attachment 223218
Unfortunately, this error does not provide me a lot of information. You'll need to provide the dev console by hitting F12 to bring it up. That one will provide more useful data, like what component of the plugin is having the problem.

Based on the given error though, if I had to hazard a blind guess, I'd assume the problem is not the plugin itself, but probably a misformed tag somewhere in the RM database. Without the dev console though, its difficult to say.

plumbbobparadise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Unfortunately, this error does not provide me a lot of information. You'll need to provide the dev console by hitting F12 to bring it up. That one will provide more useful data, like what component of the plugin is having the problem.

Based on the given error though, if I had to hazard a blind guess, I'd assume the problem is not the plugin itself, but probably a misformed tag somewhere in the RM database. Without the dev console though, its difficult to say.

Hi, well, sorry I'm just getting to see this... real life and all. Anyway here is the dev console. I went ahead and updated all the new files from the Chef Adventure demo that was provided. This error took place after updating the new plugins from the demo.
I built the project on top of the original demo that was provided, but then when the new Chef Adventure went live, I tried to manually update all the plugins.

devconsole.jpg

Last edited:

SonaGate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's just me or the documentation is empty?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's just me or the documentation is empty?
It is missing a lot of information because:
- it takes a long time to write
- like any good developer, I'm lazy

But there are a couple things there.

I've been in the process of revamping the setup of it since I've added a lot of stuff to the engine, though I haven't properly announced it because I'm not done with either the code updates or the documentation updates.

Sorry for that inconvenience and thank you for your patience. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have in the mean time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.
The only time my brother shows me any kind of support is by liking or LOL my Facebook Comments.
I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png
Mimics! Mimics everywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roydonne