Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How do you accomplish this? Where do you put the Html code? In the message box or in events?
Sorry for lack of clarity.
This tag would go in with the rest of the tags that you use to define battler events on the map.

In short, it goes:
in the event
as a comment type event command
on its own line.

Similarly to how you would define other JABS-related battler characteristics, such as sight or movespeed.

How to use plugin commands / script calls for executing attacks for this plugin (either the standard attacks or the projectile attacks)?
You can refer to the code in the engine for the inner workings, but the gist of it is:
JavaScript:
$jabsEngine.forceMapAction(JABS_BATTLER, SKILL_ID);
// where JABS_BATTLER is the reference to the battler you want to execute the skill.
// where SKILL_ID is the skill id of the skill to be executed.

// example:
const player = $jabsEngine.getPlayer1();
$jabsEngine.forceMapAction(player, 25);
// will force the player to execute the skill with the id of 25.

Just keep in mind that in contrast to what galv's map projectiles does where it just arbitrarily fires off some projectile in a 360 degree direction, this .forceMapAction() command will simply force the battler to execute the skill wherever they are standing. Extending the example, if you ran that snippet in a script command (not plugin command!), and skill 25 was just a fireball that went straight, it would cause the player to shoot a fireball straight ahead of wherever they are standing.

Additionally, if you want an event to fire off projectiles, it MUST have a battler associated with it since all skills have formulas that potentially work off the battler's stats, it is required.

Last edited:

CaraPrincess

The Princess of the Great Cross
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for lack of clarity.
This tag would go in with the rest of the tags that you use to define battler events on the map.

In short, it goes:
in the event
as a comment type event command
on its own line.

Similarly to how you would define other JABS-related battler characteristics, such as sight or movespeed.

You can refer to the code in the engine for the inner workings, but the gist of it is:
JavaScript:
$jabsEngine.forceMapAction(JABS_BATTLER, SKILL_ID);
// where JABS_BATTLER is the reference to the battler you want to execute the skill.
// where SKILL_ID is the skill id of the skill to be executed.

// example:
const player = $jabsEngine.getPlayer1();
$jabsEngine.forceMapAction(player, 25);
// will force the player to execute the skill with the id of 25.

Just keep in mind that in contrast to what galv's map projectiles does where it just arbitrarily fires off some projectile in a 360 degree direction, this .forceMapAction() command will simply force the battler to execute the skill wherever they are standing. Extending the example, if you ran that snippet in a script command (not plugin command!), and skill 25 was just a fireball that went straight, it would cause the player to shoot a fireball straight ahead of wherever they are standing.

Additionally, if you want an event to fire off projectiles, it MUST have a battler associated with it since all skills have formulas that potentially work off the battler's stats, it is required.
OK then…

How can projectiles work in JABS and is there a list on how it can differs from the system used by Galv?

And if possible, can you give me some base code snippets / tutorials on how to set up a projectile attack?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How can projectiles work in JABS and is there a list on how it can differs from the system used by Galv?
JABS projectiles are just events (defined on the action map) that obey their move route (defined by you).
I have not looked at the underlying code for Galv's map projectiles plugin, but I'm assuming they are also events, but instead have a hard-coded 360 degree direction they follow rather than obeying the event's move route.

And if possible, can you give me some base code snippets / tutorials on how to set up a projectile attack?
While it can be used in the way you're describing, it was not designed to be used like this, so I have no handy scripts beyond the generic explanation I provided above on how to script a forced skill execution. You can review the various events on the action map in the demo I've provided to see how they are configured. Skills are associated with these events by their "action id", as you'll also see on just about every skill in the demo's database.

Beregon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, this is a great series of plugins! However, there don't seem to be any Terms of Use/Licence anywhere?

The closest thing to it I found was this post:

It can be used in commerical games at no monetary cost!
(I'll add this blurb to the main post of the thread)

...but there are additional changes I have coming down the pipeline to this plugin (that you may want), soon™.

One major change I have implemented in my local environment is shifting the identifying tags from living in the notes box of an event down to the comments of a page (which in turn allows enemies to change conditionally at the whim of the RM dev)... which I'd consider a breaking change, but necessary. This will be paired with other features I've mentioned in the second post of this thread.

My only ask is that if you use JABS (or any of the J-* plugins), do let me know so we can talk about the details of what that will entail! (since I wrote it, and thus support it and indirectly support it's consumers)

Could you please add some Terms of Use to the help file of the plugin, regarding what we are allowed/not allowed to do with the plugin, so that it's all in one place and concise?

Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Thunderstorm approaching: *rumble rumble*

Me: "Hmph... so.. you've come..."

And ONLY me: (adapts fighting stance) "...now show me your TRUE POWER!!!"

*Thunderstorm fizzles out. Sunshine and rainbows.*

Seriously, ONLY ME: "No! Come back! I.. I didn't mean..."
The black rose maiden! :kaopride:
vmTLAk8.jpg

Character: Aki Izayoi from Yugioh 5Ds.
Took some trial and error, but I managed to create "visuals" for underground dig path regions.
Couldn't sleep at all so I started working on the topmost deck. I've had to make several deviations from the Imperator/Berengaria's deck-plans to accommodate MV's movement, but 100% accuracy was never my intention.
Still no name for the poor ship...:kaodes:
Screenshot-2022-06-25-053308.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvrhrt