Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Understandably, I'd say its a pretty low likelihood that I'll go backwards to do much more for QABS, especially since the dev for it (Q? Quasi? idk) fell silent and I think he moved onto just non-RM development for games and stuff (the fate of most RM developers it seems these days).
Yeah, Quxios/Quasi left RPG Maker altogether. However, LunaTechs is working on updating the Qplugins and bringing them to MZ.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah, Quxios/Quasi left RPG Maker altogether. However, LunaTechs is working on updating the Qplugins and bringing them to MZ.
Oh yeah?
I leveraged one of the patterns I saw in Q's custom movespeed to give the decimal-precision movespeed functionality found in JABS (see enemy notes for <ms:3.6> or something as example) and also the "dodge" functionality I built out.

I also looked to his "colliders" as a possible solution for custom hitboxes, but opted for something... a bit lighter instead.

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to ask you
When I make party member (like 2, 3, 4), does it support you?; because moghunter only did ABS single actor, not a party member.
If you can make party member support like this I will be happy.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would like to ask you
When I make party member (like 2, 3, 4), does it support you?; because moghunter only did ABS single actor, not a party member.
If you can make party member support like this I will be happy.
As of version 1.xx, party members are not supported (they may visually exist, but the engine ignores followers for any ABS interaction).

However, I designed much of the framework with teams in mind (including party members acting as allies), akin to what is depicted in the video you've provided. I have it on my list of things to accomplish for 2.xx: completed battler AI, team functionality, ally/follower battler support, etc., among other things.

As far as timing is concerned, I'm hoping to have that functionality working to some extent and released by the end of the month, but... I haven't started work on it actively yet, so I'm not 100% sure.

Maybe I'll spin up a board for folks to view so they can see feature progress & what is already implemented vs what is coming down the pipeline...

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As of version 1.xx, party members are not supported (they may visually exist, but the engine ignores followers for any ABS interaction).

However, I designed much of the framework with teams in mind (including party members acting as allies), akin to what is depicted in the video you've provided. I have it on my list of things to accomplish for 2.xx: completed battler AI, team functionality, ally/follower battler support, etc., among other things.

As far as timing is concerned, I'm hoping to have that functionality working to some extent and released by the end of the month, but... I haven't started work on it actively yet, so I'm not 100% sure.

Maybe I'll spin up a board for folks to view so they can see feature progress & what is already implemented vs what is coming down the pipeline...
I see...
I am sure that you can figure it out, good luck, and thanks for answering.

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like this Action Battle System, but it won't let me save my game after putting it in my project. What I am doing wrong? I want people to be able to always save in my game.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like this Action Battle System, but it won't let me save my game after putting it in my project. What I am doing wrong? I want people to be able to always save in my game.

This functionality is tied to the RPG Maker Configuration itself. I know that I disabled the auto-save functionality for the project, but you may need to probe around for other settings/configurations that are affecting it.

For reference, JABS does not mess with the save functionality at all, but... yanfly's core engine might?
(I had it in the project for other reasons)

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The problem is if I remove the plugins you just mentioned the yanfly ones it messes up the message box. If I turn off the text log plugin it just gives me an error. I don't know what to do.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The problem is if I remove the plugins you just mentioned the yanfly ones it messes up the message box. If I turn off the text log plugin it just gives me an error. I don't know what to do.
To be honest, I haven't tried to save stuff very much (considering im just locally developing it and haven't needed to persist any data between code changes).

I'll have to toy with it and see what the problem is.

Is it greyed out?
Option missing from the menu?
The save file is not created (and thus not loadable) on-save?
Does it work in the test-bed project that I've provided?

Saving is pretty important, and so I'll want to include this fix in the next release proper if I'm expecting anyone to leverage JABS.

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It brings up the save menu but doesn't let you save is what I meant. Also this what happens without the yanfly plugins with the messages. Its probably an glitch with the textlog plugin. Can't remove it or I get an error.

GraphicGlitch.png

I am glad you made this plugin. ABS's are hard to program. So its likely some glitches happen. Anyway keep up the good work. I'll check back when you have the next update. :)

Attachments

• GraphicGlitch.png
    GraphicGlitch.png
    335.1 KB · Views: 2

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It brings up the save menu but doesn't let you save is what I meant. Also this what happens without the yanfly plugins with the messages. Its probably an glitch with the textlog plugin. Can't remove it or I get an error.

GraphicGlitch.png

I am glad you made this plugin. ABS's are hard to program. So its likely some glitches happen. Anyway keep up the good work. I'll check back when you have the next update. :)

I appreciate your understanding.
I recall when I first started using RM and discovered the concept of scripts/plugins... I was mindblown by how much goes into it. Now that I'm a developer that stares at code all dang day long, my biggest gripe is that it hurts my delicate coder feelings that javascript is so limited in the context of file placement (I'd normally break up the file into multiple files for organizational purposes, but plugins appear to be designed for being all-in-one).

Either way, I'll take a look at this and see what the problem is.

As I mentioned, I developed all the plugins to work in tandem with eachother, but when it comes to the windows/sprites of RMMZ, I'm a lot less... talented (why the JABS quick menu looks so dang boring and feels clumsy). I'll also look into seeing what happens when you disable the log window, I thought I removed the dependency JABS had on it when I extracted it to it's own plugin... but who knows? I probably just missed something.
I'll post back here when I have a solution (which may be "just wait till 2.00").

Thank you for finding this defect! That is why I posted it publicly: so I could gain external and unbiased help from consumers! :D

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It brings up the save menu but doesn't let you save is what I meant.

After analyzing the code, I determined what the problem was: bad programming. It lead to the inability to save (and honestly probably will improve performance once I fix it).
The fix is a fair bit of shuffling of code all around the engine, so I'd recommend you hold till the v2.00+ release proper to utilize JABS (not to say you can't get used to it now if you're interested!).

Last edited:

Mysticphoenix

Guardian of the Pizza
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
I have been searching for ABS since MZ launched, and this is the first ABS that I have found so far. Thank you for contributing good scripts to the MZ community.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've officially pushed version 2.00 out for public consumption. See my second post (immediately after the main post) for details on what changed and what was added.

For @Rose Guardian , I would like to call out that I found and fixed the save dilemma you ran into. Sorry about that! (pretty embarrassing...)

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since I don't have MZ version, I would like to ask you something:

1) Does it player do a combo attack? Like 3 hits or 4 or 5.
2) Is it similar moghunter abs? Like Hookshot, boomerang, etc...

I would like to know when I make another game.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Since I don't have MZ version, I would like to ask you something:

1) Does it player do a combo attack? Like 3 hits or 4 or 5.
2) Is it similar moghunter abs? Like Hookshot, boomerang, etc...

I would like to know when I make another game.

No problem pal.
  • 1) A player can perform "combo" attacks.
    • Additionally, single attacks (combo or not) can hit multiple times (everyone's definition of "combo" differs a bit).
    • "combo" attacks by default require landing the hit (so you must land combo-skill-1 to follow-up with combo-skill-2, and subsequently combo-skill-3). However, I did add note tags for allowing you to freely spam combo skills if you want weapons that do that (see spear/gun in the demo).
  • 2) I built JABS using moghunter's XAS/Chrono Engine (the ABS side of Chrono Engine) and blizzard's ABSas inspiration.
    • Regarding tool functionality (what moghunter categorizes "hookshot" or "boomerang" as), I've built the framework for such functionality, but haven't taken the time yet to implement specifically those two tools.
    • "tools" in the context of JABS refers to a specific skill slot that has it's own cooldown, that can be filled with consumable items like potions, or in the future, non-consumable items that perform specific actions like hookshots or boomerangs. Like I said though, no premade tool functionality is currently available out-of-the-box.
Also, the demo I built is simply the project itself that I used to develop JABS, not a published executable that can be run without the rpg maker. If you think it'd be valuable to have an executable for giving it a test run outside of the editor, let me know and I'll see if I can spin one up (for windows).

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's really nice.
Thank you for answering.

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you press shift button, the player will run like default (walk).
But when I press shift button, the sprite will change just like the image.
Just like moghunter did https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-character-poses/
So I don't know if you make it or not, but someday I will download it MZ version when I done my first game project.

Attachments

• running-man-sprite-illustration-animation-game-41139059.jpg
    running-man-sprite-illustration-animation-game-41139059.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 2

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am unsure if you're asking me to make it so that the player runs when pressing shift (instead of holding in place and defending), or if you're asking me to make it so that the player's sprite changes while they are dashing (There is no hold-to-dash when using JABS outside of mobility skills).

Currently, by leveraging the "poseAnimation" function, you can allow skills to temporarily change charactersheet for a specified duration. I believe I have that in the (not super up-to-date) wiki I link to on this thread's original post.

Mysticphoenix

Guardian of the Pizza
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Error after I loaded my saved game. This only occur when I save the game in a map that contains enemies. But when I save the game in an enemy-free map, this error will not appeared (see attachment).
Please help.
Everything is fine now, only save/load system that matters.
P.S. I used the latest version from Jan 17

=====================================
Another bug : My character must always wear armor 0008:Cloth Tunic. If taken the cloth tunic off, he will disappear when he starts to walk. (speed boost tag bug??)
Please check that out too, thank you!

Attachments

• getguid.PNG
    getguid.PNG
    79.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I know it looks more like a apple but...its a cherry, his name is: Cherry Knight
i just started uploading some of my selfmade Pixel Art on DA,
visit me there if you are interrested^^
Im sorry but..I Want to play a game.
Anyone here is familiar with the US Law ? I'm working on a game idea at the moment and I have several questions on my mind :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkStudios