Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Error after I loaded my saved game. This only occur when I save the game in a map that contains enemies. But when I save the game in an enemy-free map, this error will not appeared (see attachment).
Please help.
Everything is fine now, only save/load system that matters.
P.S. I used the latest version from Jan 17

=====================================
Another bug : My character must always wear armor 0008:Cloth Tunic. If taken the cloth tunic off, he will disappear when he starts to walk. (speed boost tag bug??)
Please check that out too, thank you!
Your timing is sharp!
I actually just spotted this defect myself two days ago.
The problem has to do with the way I wrote the code, and how the save/load functionality compresses and uncompresses the code. :\

It is on my agenda to fix soon™.
I'll report back here when its resolved.

In the interim, since the problem has to do with seemingly saving with enemies on the same map, you can move your save functionality to happen in non-ABS zones, like towns and stuff. Obviously not ideal, but I'll repair it and upload that soon. Note that all this will require a new save in order to repair it, it won't backward fix existing saves.

---

Regarding the disappearing, I hadn't even tried being naked, I'll investigate that as well. I assume you're probably right about the speed boost tags causing strife. I'll let you know when I sort that out.

Last edited:

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Error after I loaded my saved game. This only occur when I save the game in a map that contains enemies. But when I save the game in an enemy-free map, this error will not appeared (see attachment).
Please help.
Everything is fine now, only save/load system that matters.
P.S. I used the latest version from Jan 17

=====================================
Another bug : My character must always wear armor 0008:Cloth Tunic. If taken the cloth tunic off, he will disappear when he starts to walk. (speed boost tag bug??)
Please check that out too, thank you!
Thank you for your patience.
I've updated JABS with mostly a whole bucket load of various fixes.
Among them include a fix for the issue you encountered with saving/loading.

Regarding your issue with the character going invisible when he starts to walk, I wasn't able to replicate that. That doesn't mean it isn't a problem, but because I couldn't replicate it (by any permutation of with or without various combinations of equipment), I couldn't fix it.

To find a complete list of everything that I could possibly think of that changed between v2.0 and v2.1 (the release I'm presenting now), I captured it here:

Mysticphoenix

Guardian of the Pizza
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Thank you for your hard work and support ☺️.

I have another question. Is this system can be used in a commercial game?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for your hard work and support ☺️.

I have another question. Is this system can be used in a commercial game?

It can be used in commerical games at no monetary cost!
(I'll add this blurb to the main post of the thread)

...but there are additional changes I have coming down the pipeline to this plugin (that you may want), soon™.

One major change I have implemented in my local environment is shifting the identifying tags from living in the notes box of an event down to the comments of a page (which in turn allows enemies to change conditionally at the whim of the RM dev)... which I'd consider a breaking change, but necessary. This will be paired with other features I've mentioned in the second post of this thread.

My only ask is that if you use JABS (or any of the J-* plugins), do let me know so we can talk about the details of what that will entail! (since I wrote it, and thus support it and indirectly support it's consumers)

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whenever I choose enable JABS I am unable to move or do anything.

Last edited:

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Whenever I choose enable JABS I am unable to move or do anything.
Thanks for letting me know this. However, you'll have to give me a bit more details than that. I'm fairly certain the demo works fine.

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for letting me know this. However, you'll have to give me a bit more details than that. I'm fairly certain the demo works fine.
I mean on my own game. the demo is fine

OMG Now hes speeding around like a cheata
wait thats not your problem its just me being stupid. I changed the map update speed by accident!

ARGH NOOO!!! IM GETTING THIS NOW!
rmmz_managers.js:2030 SyntaxError: Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0
at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
at Function.JsonEx.parse (rmmz_core.js:6358)
at Function.JsonEx.makeDeepCopy (rmmz_core.js:6368)
at Game_BattleMap.executeMapAction (J-ABS.js:4560)
at J-ABS.js:4532
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at Game_BattleMap.executeMapActions (J-ABS.js:4531)
at Game_BattleMap.performMainhandAction (J-ABS.js:4292)
at Game_BattleMap.handleAbsInput (J-ABS.js:4222)
at Game_BattleMap.handleInput (J-ABS.js:4120)

Last edited:

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a controller and am wondering if it is possible to change the controller accept button to A instead of L A

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Judging by what the error is you copy pasta'd in here, it sounds like ya probably don't have the "action map" in your project (or the plugin configuration wasn't pointed to the proper map id for your "action map").

I'm actually in the process of scribbling out some documentation to give a more indepth walk through of all the things an RM dev (like you) would need to do/understand to properly install this without building off the demo project.

To solve your immediate problem regarding the error you pasted above, you'll need to:
- create an "action map" (akin to what you find in the test bed project)
- add some "action events" to the "action map"
- properly assign your skill to the appropriate "action event" that it should be using.

To be frank though, I'd recommend grabbing the latest that is on the main thread (just updated it today) and check out some of the documentation I wrote.

Regarding button mapping, that is currently hard-coded based on my own personal controller. Due to controller mappings potentially varying from controller to controller, I wasn't able to come up with any modular way to remap buttons of a controller on the fly. You may want to consider some 3rd party software like Joy2Key or something if my mapping isn't working out on your controller, or you just want different keys to do different things.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've updated today to v2.2 for JABS!
It includes breaking changes regarding how enemies are defined on the map (comments instead of in the event's tags), along with additional functionality like additional AI traits (leader/follower/healer) and even a total shift of where the demo lives (moved from Azure DevOps to Github).

Take a look at the main post and/or click here to peek at it:

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
HOLY CRAP I been waiting for this IM SO EXCITED!!

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How big is the file size? Also what files have been edited?

Last edited:

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think the icon IDs got mixed up in the tutorial
woops!
yes, yes they did.
I was this close to not even using icons for those, too.
But that nifty iconset I grabbed had em, so I tried. Then removed em later. Then forgot about that event. Embarrassing. I'll fix that next I update.

How big is the file size? Also what files have been edited?
To download the entire project would be between 250-300 MB.
If you already downloaded the demo at some point in the last couple weeks, you can probably get by with just grabbing the plugins folder files (which would be like, 1-2 MB instead, but more of a hassle to download individually). However, you're welcome to do what works for you! If you're familiar with git/coding in any extent, I'd encourage you just clone the repo instead and you can just pull "the latest" and keep in sync without having to download 1/3 a gig every dang time you wanna check and see if I've changed anything.

Also my apologies for the size, like 99% of it is the /audio/bgm folder (shameless ad for OCremix and they don't even know it!)

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how do I pull the latest? i have git.

FRICK NO i just wasted my 2 week old project ****!

Last edited:

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
how do I pull the latest? i have git.

FRICK NO i just wasted my 2 week old project ****!
oof, rip your 2-week old project :'(

I'm guessing you figured it out?
But you should be able to clone it via CLI or your preferred means, and then "git pull" in the repo to get the latest. Also, though it doesn't exist at time of writing, you are free to poke around in my active development branch (will be named "develop") when you see it. It is where I keep my WIP between public releases.

I also plan on trying to leverage the "releases" section for convenience if I can sort out a nice way to handle that, for those that are less code/git-inclined.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm, I didn't notice this before uploading, but I see that the icons for the drops don't seem to visually exist (though the loot is still collectable by hitting the invisible drop icon).

I'll have to investigate this.
I suspect it is related to the code update from 1.1.x >> 1.2.0 that affected the animations... possibly.

Mysticphoenix

Guardian of the Pizza
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
I've updated today to v2.2 for JABS!
It includes breaking changes regarding how enemies are defined on the map (comments instead of in the event's tags), along with additional functionality like additional AI traits (leader/follower/healer) and even a total shift of where the demo lives (moved from Azure DevOps to Github).

Take a look at the main post and/or click here to peek at it:
Enemy definition on page's comment sure make things a lot more flexible. This is a game-changer. Thank you!

cabanas_ds

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quite excited to try this plugin. I’ve been using galvs map projectiles & i’ve got it working really well. there are how ever a few limitations with it. i’ve been waiting for some one to make an ABS for MZ & here it is! thankyou.

cabanas_ds

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
will there be ability to throw explosives that do damage/kill to multiple npcs?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Work starts today at 2pm. I hate jeans, but the dress code says I have to wear them... That's how I discovered I was a plus size. Shopping for my first pair of jeans.
Anyhow, I'll post a new video on TheDazzlingsAreBack as soon as I'm able to.
dEj6ha4.png

WIP :)
Added some cliffs / walls / roofs to the tilesheet and am currently working on roof objects to make them prettier and more variable. And of course, windows and doors that fit to the game's style.
I also adjusted the grass color but i have some issues with my display, so if it looks weird, please let me know :)
Updated the dev logs for the game I'm working on! Check it out here
Alright, I left the modern girl in fantasy brain's hands while I get my - MODERN GIRL WHAT HAPPENED?! I blame fantasy brain for this.

WinaElemental.png
I just realized that, while I was waiting for our little Easter Game to be approved in the Completed Games Thread, the game was already listed for more than a week, without me noticing x.x

So ... very delayed happy easter to everyone I guess? : D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZackTheWolf