Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Quite excited to try this plugin. I’ve been using galvs map projectiles & i’ve got it working really well. there are how ever a few limitations with it. i’ve been waiting for some one to make an ABS for MZ & here it is! thankyou.
With any engine, there are limitations, including JABS! But as the writer of this plugin, I am willing to add new features time permitting (I also have a fulltime job and life etc).

will there be ability to throw explosives that do damage/kill to multiple npcs?
Loosely speaking, you can currently fire off anything your heart desires, however, there is no current functionality that would say... plant a bomb at a location and then explode and deal damage at a later time. This is on my list-of-everything-I'd-love-to-add, but not slated for a today/tomorrow release or anything. I will likely get to this type of functionality when i revisit projectiles (I brute-forced it into doing what I wanted in a sloppy fashion that has broken the moveroute functionality for multiple projectiles from a single skill).

However, hitting multiple targets is a thing if you set the skill's scope to "all opponents" (or whatever the vocabulary for that is).

Feel free to ask more questions if you have them, these types of things help me decide what to slap into the documentation (when i get around to writing it, the most boring part of releasing this to the public).

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think the icon IDs got mixed up in the tutorial

Heya pal, you brought this up and I appreciate you calling out my oversight!
I have since fixed this to just show the text because icons are too volatile in my life, lol.

Additionally, the loot drops being blank bug was fixed as well.
Turns out that Sprite_Character has logic for hiding events that don't explicitly have a tileId or characterName directly associated with them... and the way I have the logic coded is that loot drops copy eventId#1 from the action map to represent the loot, and overwrite the image setup with an icon instead of whatever the copied event was. I didn't realize this, but found and fixed it.

And also updated the element icons in the plugin configuration to have icons and stuff. I copy-pasta'd that from another project I am building with JABS, so I'm not 100% if the icons align with the elements, but they are easy enough to change if they don't.

kouta555

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When you kill enemy, he drop an item, but items not shown, still you can get it when step on spot where enemy was dead. Why its not shown? icon? Charset?

To bad that this plugins dont work with GALV_CharacterAnimationsMZ, GALV_CharacterFramesMZ,GALV_DiagonalMovementMZ.

Last edited:

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im getting the compressed zipped folder is invalid when i try to open or extract it.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Im getting the compressed zipped folder is invalid when i try to open or extract it.
As in, you attempted to download it from github, but... its not able to be opened/extracted?

I'm not really able to troubleshoot that, as the zip file is generated on-the-fly from the site. It isn't anything I uploaded directly.

Perhaps try and redownload it?

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its np i already fixed it, sorry
this plugin is amazing!

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Its np i already fixed it, sorry
this plugin is amazing!
I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

I realize my documentation isn't very thorough, and I know for certain that 100% of the features it can do are not documented... Especially not the additional plugins that I've built that live in the project, but didn't really "release". If you have any questions about anything you see, don't be afraid to ask!

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When you kill enemy, he drop an item, but items not shown, still you can get it when step on spot where enemy was dead. Why its not shown? icon? Charset?

To bad that this plugins dont work with GALV_CharacterAnimationsMZ, GALV_CharacterFramesMZ,GALV_DiagonalMovementMZ.
Hey sorry I didn't reply sooner, I didn't see this.

The issue you're describing about invisible loot drops was fixed. If you redownload it now, it should work. If you don't feel like redownloading it, look for the map named "_ActionMap", and give the first event in the upper most left any image and the loot will start appearing as expected (I described the fix in an earlier post).

Regarding incompatibilities with other plugins, understandably, I tried my best to limit external plugins while creating this project so as to maximize compatibility, but there will incompatibilities unfortunately due to the sheer number of changes made to the actual core code to make this engine work as you see it.

I personally am not familiar with those particular GALV plugins, and chose to use Yami's diagonal movement plugin (with heavy edits) to accomplish 8-directional movement because it was a super light plugin to begin with (like 100 lines of code, was almost tempted to just merge it into JABS).

Based on the fact that this engine is almost entirely driven around the creation of events and collision of those events, it isn't a surprise that they don't work... do they throw errors or something when alongside JABS? (maybe try putting GALV's plugins after/before mine, whichever you might not have tried)

kouta555

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Снимок экрана (118).pngСнимок экрана (119).pngСнимок экрана (120).png
Thank you for efficiency. I have already tried to change the position of the plug-in from galv and this is not the result of the results, the fact is that I use a charset with a large number of frames and diagonal sprites, so it is not possible for me to use your system.

and thanks for the hint on how to make the prey appear. I changed the image at the event "empty" and boom, everything appears. I wonder how it works in your project without changing the event image.:yswt2:

Last edited:

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for efficiency. I have already tried to change the position of the plug-in from galv and this is not the result of the results, the fact is that I use a charset with a large number of frames and diagonal sprites, so it is not possible for me to use your system.
Yeah, judging by the helpful screenshots you've provided, it looks like I'd have to read into GALV's plugins a bit more and try to add some form of compatibility for it.

I'm afraid I don't quite have that at the top of my priorities, so it may be a while before I get to this.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

kouta555

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I went the easy way and just copied all the plugins and the map into my project, and also copied everything in the plugin editor. Everything worked, although there is still a problem with the galva plugin, but this is already progress.

I will continue to experiment, maybe something will work out in the end.thanks for the help:yhappy:

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I went the easy way and just copied all the plugins and the map into my project, and also copied everything in the plugin editor. Everything worked, although there is still a problem with the galva plugin, but this is already progress.

I will continue to experiment, maybe something will work out in the end.thanks for the help:yhappy:

No problem, its what I'm here for :ahappy:

TsengFayt

Rhythm Knights ♪
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Loving the system/plugins so far. This is by far the most fluid and comprehensive system I have seen to date across any of the RM platforms I've worked in (since RM2K). One request I have and it may be a bigger project than I am thinking, but the only thing missing from this it seems is pixel movement instead of grid movement for the collision. I have attempted to make a few work with already existing plugins but I think it would need to be integrated instead of tacked on because of how your engine determines collisions and such.

I have a few plugins for reference if you need them and I would be happy to help in any way possible to make this happen, including compensation if necessary. Let me know if this is something you would entertain adding.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Loving the system/plugins so far. This is by far the most fluid and comprehensive system I have seen to date across any of the RM platforms I've worked in (since RM2K). One request I have and it may be a bigger project than I am thinking, but the only thing missing from this it seems is pixel movement instead of grid movement for the collision. I have attempted to make a few work with already existing plugins but I think it would need to be integrated instead of tacked on because of how your engine determines collisions and such.

I have a few plugins for reference if you need them and I would be happy to help in any way possible to make this happen, including compensation if necessary. Let me know if this is something you would entertain adding.
It warms my heart to see that people are genuinely enjoying this! The point of this plugin was to give back, and its wonderful to know it is accomplishing its goal!
:MV1:

tldr; i am entertaining adding.

Regarding pixel movement:
I also think that pixel movement is missing, and do have intentions to add it. However, that will likely come after adding party member's AI (work in progress) and completing the JAFTING plugin (you might've seen it in the demo project). When I write a pixel movement system, I hope to make it modular in the sense that it won't require JABS to run, but will work with JABS. However, depending on what kind of effort it is, I may just look into integrating an already-written system. I haven't decided which or which one yet.

If you've looked at the code-behind pixel movement plugins at all, have you noticed any that look particularly well-structured and/or concise? I looked around a bit, but most looked too "complicated" to understand at-a-glance, so I keep saying to myself "I'll come back to this later, its not required".

TsengFayt

Rhythm Knights ♪
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It warms my heart to see that people are genuinely enjoying this! The point of this plugin was to give back, and its wonderful to know it is accomplishing its goal!
:MV1:

tldr; i am entertaining adding.

Regarding pixel movement:
I also think that pixel movement is missing, and do have intentions to add it. However, that will likely come after adding party member's AI (work in progress) and completing the JAFTING plugin (you might've seen it in the demo project). When I write a pixel movement system, I hope to make it modular in the sense that it won't require JABS to run, but will work with JABS. However, depending on what kind of effort it is, I may just look into integrating an already-written system. I haven't decided which or which one yet.

If you've looked at the code-behind pixel movement plugins at all, have you noticed any that look particularly well-structured and/or concise? I looked around a bit, but most looked too "complicated" to understand at-a-glance, so I keep saying to myself "I'll come back to this later, its not required".
Awesome! I can say for sure you are doing a great job of giving back to the community. Especially considering you are referencing as far back as Blizzard XP-era battle systems. So you truly understand the value of those systems for the RM community.

As for the pixel movement, the best one I have seen so far that feels solid and has clean and well-documented code is IgnisMovement by Raizen. I have linked the demo and linked the thread here on rpgmakerweb.

The author is very active and seems willing to help/expand the plugins and the plugin is allowed to be modified and used for commercial projects with credit given.

Original Thread:

Demo:

All credit goes to Raizen. The plugin is free but they accept donations and I would be happy to contribute to them if we use their code.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Awesome! I can say for sure you are doing a great job of giving back to the community. Especially considering you are referencing as far back as Blizzard XP-era battle systems. So you truly understand the value of those systems for the RM community.

As for the pixel movement, the best one I have seen so far that feels solid and has clean and well-documented code is IgnisMovement by Raizen. I have linked the demo and linked the thread here on rpgmakerweb.

The author is very active and seems willing to help/expand the plugins and the plugin is allowed to be modified and used for commercial projects with credit given.

Original Thread:

Demo:

All credit goes to Raizen. The plugin is free but they accept donations and I would be happy to contribute to them if we use their code.
Thank you kindly for giving your suggestion.
This one, at-a-glance, appears to be much more concise than the last one I looked at! (out of the box, this plugin is only ~500 lines of code, compared to the ~3k lines of code I looked at previously)

I haven't tested it personally (their plugin), but based on the videos, I also think that this may be a good candidate to integrate into JABS as its' pixel movement engine of choice. When I have more time to actually take a deep dive and see what changes are necessary, I'll post back here with additional details. At a glance though, it looks like it'd just be a matter of adjusting some numbers, though that depends on how collision detection is accomplished within the plugin (may want to rewrite my collision to leverage their techniques, or may need to rewrite their collision to accommodate my efforts).

I'll test it out, probe the code, and talk to them about this. Thanks again for digging this up!

TsengFayt

Rhythm Knights ♪
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you kindly for giving your suggestion.
This one, at-a-glance, appears to be much more concise than the last one I looked at! (out of the box, this plugin is only ~500 lines of code, compared to the ~3k lines of code I looked at previously)

I haven't tested it personally (their plugin), but based on the videos, I also think that this may be a good candidate to integrate into JABS as its' pixel movement engine of choice. When I have more time to actually take a deep dive and see what changes are necessary, I'll post back here with additional details. At a glance though, it looks like it'd just be a matter of adjusting some numbers, though that depends on how collision detection is accomplished within the plugin (may want to rewrite my collision to leverage their techniques, or may need to rewrite their collision to accommodate my efforts).

I'll test it out, probe the code, and talk to them about this. Thanks again for digging this up!
Awesome. I am glad I was about to help out in some minor way. I'll reach out to you in DMs in case we need to chit-chat about any of it directly. Cheers~

SonaGate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When i download the plugin is always corrupted(Edit: Fixed)

Is it possible to assign WASD to the movement and left click to the attack of the selected weapon?

Last edited:

SonaGate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you leave a menu from the main menu there is a big possibility that the game crashes, I have seen this in the demo, I have not tested it in a new project.
Captura de pantalla (208).png
Captura de pantalla (209).png

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When i download the plugin is always corrupted(Edit: Fixed)

Is it possible to assign WASD to the movement and left click to the attack of the selected weapon?
Sorry about the inconvenience, but I'm afraid my primary focus for support is to utilize a controller (what this engine was designed with in mind), I only made the keyboard as close as natively compatible as possible. Shifting the keys around like that would potentially reduce compatibility for other plugins and I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible.
When you leave a menu from the main menu there is a big possibility that the game crashes, I have seen this in the demo, I have not tested it in a new project.
View attachment 183432
View attachment 183433

This is directly related to the MOG_EventText plugin I've been using. Disabling it should stop those errors. That is my fault, I've been too lazy to recreate this functionality compatibily(sp?) with JABS, but I guess now I have to, lol. For now, disable that plugin, and I'll remove it with the next release.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember when people had the ability to have meaningful conversations on platforms like twitter or facebook? Good times... Nowadays is absolute crap.
All aboard the Advent calendar train, riding Avery's coattails as an excuse to make more sprites. ;)
Advent2021-01.gif

Get 'em in my thread in General Resources.
I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke up and it's not Friday, so I'm sad.
edit: third time's the charm? some graphic text I whipped up that I like for the mid-game intertitle, now with all of the actual letters in the stupid damn words I was trying to spell :uswt2:
kcsmall.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pazzow