Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Heya folks, sorry about that. I've been kinda out of office lately, and as such haven't really posted/updated here or replied to the messages. Let's catch up.

Next question (I may end up figuring out myself if I mess around enough)..... How do you get the AllyAI to use the Support function, as in casting a Heal spell on the party or party member short on health or sick without having to switch to the healer?
First, to immediately answer your question, you'll need to select in the "Type" dropdown that it is an HP Recover type of skill.

Also, it will need to be equipped (as in, switch to the healer and assign the skill to one of your action key slots), as only equipped skills are considered (to keep it fair so allies don't get access to all skills they know period, while the player must only use what is equipped).

EXPLANATION:
The priority for an ally deciding what skills to use while set to "support" are:
- first, check all nearby allies to see if any "need cleansing" aka "remove status ailments"- this includes death if someone was dead and they had a revive skill.
- second, check all nearby allies to see if any "need healing" aka "heal those below 60% max health"; the battler's available skills must include skills that target living allies and heals hp.
- third, check all nearby allies to see if any "need buffing" aka "keep all allies afflicted with every positive state-inflicting skill learned".

The ally AI system does not acknowledge "buffs/debuffs" in any way.

Due to the fact that all skills are typically "fired off" from the caster, it is recommended to add the <direct> tag to your healing skills. The <direct> tag makes it so a skill event is never actually generated when the skill is executed, and instead just immediately affects the target within the <proximity:#> threshold.

Skills that your support ally won't use but might seem like something they should:
- skills that are marked as "HP Drain" (because that heals the caster typically)
- skills that are "MP Recover" (I just didn't add the logic for it)
- skills that inflict some kind of debuff on foes, because in most video games "support" also includes some degree of offensiveness- but not in JABS.

I would strongly recommend taking a peek at the code (the ally AI lives in a separate plugin as you might've seen), root around it a bit. I like to believe that my code is generally legible enough for even non-techy people... though since you're here developing an RPG Maker game, you probably are techy enough to make sense of the logic and even tweak it to your own liking. Probably about half the lines in JABS (and really most my plugins) are just comments and documentation about what is happening- so that others can dig in and adjust it when the time comes that I've moved on from doing RM plugins.

found the tutorial in the demo about on-demand deaths...just add the variable/switch call after the comments in the enemy event. =b lol noice. adds the ability to do special death throes for certain enemies/bosses.. and using Galv's event spawner I'm able to respawn enemy events from another map to the current one without having to reload.
I'm impressed that Galv's Event Spawner actually works with JABS! I specifically left out auto-respawning since one of the most delicate parts in JABS is the creation of enemies and action events (like swinging your sword). I might have to grab it for my sample game I'm working on that will demonstrate all the various possible things you can do with JABS. Also, kudos to you for figuring that out yourself! I apologize for the lack of public documentation, there is a lot to document. Did you find the github wiki?

Literally wanting this type of system since RMXP. Thanks for creating. =)
Works with all the VisuStella, CGMZ, Galv and Cam/Gamepad scripts I'm using too.
I'm happy that you are enjoying it!
I would caution against using this plugin in conjunction with other plugins in general that manipulate events, ex: visustella's event/movement core. What is the "cam/gamepad" plugin you're using?

Adya

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is a really good plugin. I want to know if it is possible to change / select a consumable item instead of TP (for example arrows, bolts, ammo, bombs)? That would be just great :) And yet, is it possible to set up a ranged attack on enemies? Sorry for my bad English, this is not my native language :)Thanks for plugin:)

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is a really good plugin. I want to know if it is possible to change / select a consumable item instead of TP (for example arrows, bolts, ammo, bombs)? That would be just great :) And yet, is it possible to set up a ranged attack on enemies? Sorry for my bad English, this is not my native language :)Thanks for plugin:)
Costs of skills and whatnot are obeyed when it comes to standard skill execution. So if you had a plugin that caused a skill to require some kind of item instead of TP, it _should_ respect that. However, I don't have any plans to weave that logic into the engine as a native feature.

Any skill executed by the player or your allies can also be executed by enemies. If the skill is ranged, it will be fired and travel accordingly to the parameters you set. There should be working examples of ranged skills you can give enemies to test that functionality.

Kraus2189

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does anyone know where the update to JE's J-BASE file is? the demo only comes with v1.0 and I need to figure out how to update it. If at all possible. Ill take any awnsers from the Plugin Author himself most especially. Ive looked all over Github and feel like i'm being taken on a wild goose chase attempting to navigate the page. So if anyone knows how to find this update, Id be happy to know what you know. For anyone who dosen't know i'm just gonna give him a big shout out for the concept of his work. he has and updates alot of really good plugin management for MZ. I'm just having personal issues finding the plugin up dates.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've never heard of it and Google isn't showing me anything. Perhaps a link to whatever you already have will help.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

as this is not about the MZ update.

Kraus2189

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've never heard of it and Google isn't showing me anything. Perhaps a link to whatever you already have will help.

[move]Plugin Support[/move]
as this is not about the MZ update.
he's located here. on the site.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In that case, it would've made more sense to just post your question in that thread, as that would be the fastest way to get the author's attention.

Merging with original plugin thread

Kraus2189

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In that case, it would've made more sense to just post your question in that thread, as that would be the fastest way to get the author's attention.

[mod]Merging with original plugin thread[/mod]
My apologies. Im new to the page. and the whole forum thing. Im attempting to avoid posting in places that havent been active. And i would'nt have knew where to begin searching for this thread. But thank you for linking me here.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kraus2189 it's okay to post in old threads in Plugin, Scripts, Resource Workshops as they are the scripter's/artist's "official" releases of those items, and where they expect to provide support. The places where necroposting should be avoided are the "Support" and "Request" areas, as those are one-off threads for a particular situation the poster is having at that point in time, and often people have similar issues but not quite the same, and updates to the newer engines means the solutions may not be the same as they originally were.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kraus2189 it's okay to post in old threads in Plugin, Scripts, Resource Workshops as they are the scripter's/artist's "official" releases of those items, and where they expect to provide support. The places where necroposting should be avoided are the "Support" and "Request" areas, as those are one-off threads for a particular situation the poster is having at that point in time, and often people have similar issues but not quite the same, and updates to the newer engines means the solutions may not be the same as they originally were.
Thanks for managing that support threading, @Shaz .

Does anyone know where the update to JE's J-BASE file is? the demo only comes with v1.0 and I need to figure out how to update it. If at all possible. Ill take any awnsers from the Plugin Author himself most especially. Ive looked all over Github and feel like i'm being taken on a wild goose chase attempting to navigate the page. So if anyone knows how to find this update, Id be happy to know what you know. For anyone who dosen't know i'm just gonna give him a big shout out for the concept of his work. he has and updates alot of really good plugin management for MZ. I'm just having personal issues finding the plugin up dates.
I am glad to hear you're enjoying using it! Let me know if ya have any questions about it- this thread is definitely the ideal place to drop questions/comments/concerns/shoutouts/etc. <3

Zymmy

Game in Development: Anica
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just try this out today and it's awesome ! once i finish making my current 2 project, i'm gonna make a arpg game using this awesome plugin!

when that happens i hope to collaborate with you =)

i draw my own art and compose most of the music on my own, but i have zero skill in coding and stuff lol, your plugin is really god send.

Below are some sample art from the game i'm making, if you ever need some free art design just drop me message and ill try my best to help you out as much as possible =)

And lastly may i ask does your plugin compatible to all visustella MZ Plugin ? coz most of the plugins I'm using now is from Visustella.

Attachments

• Sc 4.png
    Sc 4.png
    437.9 KB · Views: 15

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just try this out today and it's awesome ! once i finish making my current 2 project, i'm gonna make a arpg game using this awesome plugin!

when that happens i hope to collaborate with you =)

i draw my own art and compose most of the music on my own, but i have zero skill in coding and stuff lol, your plugin is really god send.

Below are some sample art from the game i'm making, if you ever need some free art design just drop me message and ill try my best to help you out as much as possible =)

And lastly may i ask does your plugin compatible to all visustella MZ Plugin ? coz most of the plugins I'm using now is from Visustella.
Oh hey thats pretty awesome!

Sure of course, if you've got questions related to the plugin in general, I'd prefer them dropped here, as others may have the same/similar questions (and for later troubleshooting down the road).

I'll keep your artistic offerings in mind should the need arise! Thank you for such a kind gesture.

Keeping in mind that JABS is indeed an ABS engine, it is sensitive to other plugins that mess with the way events are handled (such as VisuStella's event core). Also, because its an ABS, the battle plugins may not play nice either (such as VisuStella's battle core or any of their battle-specific variants, like CTB/ATB/etc). They have so many plugins, that I've only personally worked with a few of them and confirmed they work (the ones mostly unrelated, such as message core or menu core).

At the end of the day, when it comes to VisuStella, I'd say "give it a shot". If you run into issues, I'm afraid you'd need to reach out to their support team and have them contact me, as I can't troubleshoot incompatibilities with their code due to their plugin obfuscation.

matttr6

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey I for the life of me can not get off hand to work in the test project or in game, Everything else looks great but x doesn't do anything and b won't use offhand on controller either

matttr6

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey I for the life of me can not get off hand to work in the test project or in game, Everything else looks great but x doesn't do anything and b won't use offhand on controller either
nevermind

Izy

A Really Slow Turtle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is amazing and I love your work! Thank you very much for sharing this with the community <3

Xiandata

Actually a sculptor...! What am I doing here?!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By the great RPG Maker gods! This is possibly the absolute best plug-in I’ve ever seen. :biggrin:

Honestly, I’m updating my (thankfully early-days) MV game to MZ just so I can use it (Mog’s ABS is also fantastic, but I love the feel of this one!).

Thank you so much for all the hard work you’ve done on it! I’m in awe

((also, as a semi-unrelated side, your earlier comment mentioning a potential “- Plugin for enabling a "mystery dungeon" feel, changing from realtime to step-based turns, enemies (and allies) moving in-step with the player, and so on.” Has me stupidly excited.))

Last edited:

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By the great RPG Maker gods! This is possibly the absolute best plug-in I’ve ever seen. :biggrin:

Honestly, I’m updating my (thankfully early-days) MV game to MZ just so I can use it (Mog’s ABS is also fantastic, but I love the feel of this one!).

Thank you so much for all the hard work you’ve done on it! I’m in awe

((also, as a semi-unrelated side, your earlier comment mentioning a potential “- Plugin for enabling a "mystery dungeon" feel, changing from realtime to step-based turns, enemies (and allies) moving in-step with the player, and so on.” Has me stupidly excited.))

I am pleased that you're enjoying it.
Moghunter's ABS (chrono engine ABS mode) for MV acted as inspiration for me in building this (since there was no options for ABS to choose from like in previous engines) along with blizzard's XP ABS (BABS).

Adding a plugin that leverages the engine but in a "mystery dungeon" format is indeed interesting, as is building a sort of "star ocean battle" plugin for JABS. However, only the star ocean one is sorta in the works, but was put on pause to remedy a number of bugs i've encountered while building a project with JABS. It might be a hot minute before its available since this is literally just a hobby for me :)

This plugin is amazing and I love your work! Thank you very much for sharing this with the community <3
I know we have spoken a bit via messages, but I still wanted to [globally] acknowledge this and reiterate: I may have been the one to build it, but if the community wants to contribute, by all means! :D

Xiandata

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Adding a plugin that leverages the engine but in a "mystery dungeon" format is indeed interesting, as is building a sort of "star ocean battle" plugin for JABS. However, only the star ocean one is sorta in the works, but was put on pause to remedy a number of bugs i've encountered while building a project with JABS. It might be a hot minute before its available since this is literally just a hobby for me :)
That's really awesome! I've always enjoyed the Star Ocean games. :D
And of course! I completely understand this is not a full-time (or even part-time) obligation! I just really love what you've made so far! Honestly, it's inspiring. :D

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I tried the latest version of your plugin and every time I try to add a party member it gives me this error:

Error.png

Error2.png

What am I doing wrong?

Xiandata

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Jragyn,

Solved my previous issue because it was just me being silly...!

So instead, I have some other questions re using JABS:
>Is there a way to disable the enemies looking.. I'm guessing diagonally?
It seems to break the sprite. (In my game and the demo!) (JABS)
>Is there a way to change/ disable the balloon icons that appear above enemy heads?
>Is it possible to rebind any keys? For instance if I wanted party swapping to be 'A' instead of 'Del'?
>Is it possible to prevent an item being equippable as a tool? At the moment, my player can equip the 'cure death' item and use it even though it has the scope set to 1 ally when dead.

> Is it possible to change the locations of the JABS Action keys action? I'm using a bit of an odd resolution and would like to change the location of the indicators for attacking and such.

Thanks again for all your amazing work!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Plus-size sprite continues! Front and back views done, or at least mostly there depending on if there's any more work you all think she needs. Once I get her done I can get working on her masculine counterpart:
PlusTest-03.gif
My game is basically turning into a 2 on 2 fighting game disguised as an rpg lol. here's eveyone doing their own intro in battle.
Sizzle sizzle sizzle...
zbf1dCZ.gif
Sharing my past was a mistake. Will delete the post when I get access to a working internet connection again.
TFW you get a plugin working correctly with your other plugins ♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡

(CW for minor gore - Einar's Y incision is gone for his test portrait)

Cs5kAbZ.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u-kwaibot