Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Ey @Jragyn, does your plugin support dragonbone's animations for events and so? Thx for your time

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What am I doing wrong?
Because I'm a bad developer, I haven't really kept the demo updated.
I think I mentioned this somewhere to someone, hopefully in this thread, but if not, then I'll mention it again: My side project has a much much more updated version of JABS, and due to my personal time constraints, its been difficult to keep the demo also up to date with the latest and also demo-ing the latest functionality.

Ping me directly if you're interested, and I'll send you a link to the project containing the latest (you'll understand when you look at the project why). In short though, your issue has been resolved, but the demo hasn't been updated to reflect that. I'm sorry for that inconvenience, @Rose Guardian !
I apologize again for the delay in response.
I've been a bit busy with life (as always, right?).
I promise this effort has not been abandoned despite the condition it has been left in, I've simply been working on my own project, building up JABS and fixing innumerable bugs that have manifested as a result of building a slew of additional yet-to-be-released plugins.

My ultimate goal is hopefully to celebrate JABS' anniversary (december 31, 2021!!!) release with a full re-released "demo", being a milestone of my personal project that I actually built JABS for to begin with.
Until then though, here are some responses to the cries for help that I have ignored. I am sorry everyone!

Hi Jragyn,

Solved my previous issue because it was just me being silly...!

So instead, I have some other questions re using JABS:
>Is there a way to disable the enemies looking.. I'm guessing diagonally?
It seems to break the sprite. (In my game and the demo!) (JABS)
>Is there a way to change/ disable the balloon icons that appear above enemy heads?
>Is it possible to rebind any keys? For instance if I wanted party swapping to be 'A' instead of 'Del'?
>Is it possible to prevent an item being equippable as a tool? At the moment, my player can equip the 'cure death' item and use it even though it has the scope set to 1 ally when dead.

> Is it possible to change the locations of the JABS Action keys action? I'm using a bit of an odd resolution and would like to change the location of the indicators for attacking and such.

Thanks again for all your amazing work!
Building on the above mention to rose guardian, the sprite issue was fixed a good long while ago, but the demo hasn't been updated to reflect that. Feel free to ask for the link if you're interested, and I'll send it your way. Alternatively, you can wait roughly a month and I'll hopefully replace the demo with my actual project demo-ing JABS (and more) in its entirety.

The balloon icons actually haven't really been touched since I first implemented it in the very beginning. It is on my (very very long) list of things to revisit, but in JABS' current state, I believe you can only enable/disable the balloons if anything at all. Sorry for that.

You are not the first to ask about key reassignment/rebinding, and that is currently not supported with a friendly GUI in-game. However, if you're kinda familiar with javascript, you can probably sort it out by modifying the JABS plugin itself to make the keys work for you. This is low on my list of things to address due to the implications of how I coded JABS' input management versus the gain for being able to change your buttons to do other things. I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Adjusting what is equippable as a "tool item" actually has been on my list of things to add, but because I haven't had a personal need for it, I've been procrastinating. So, presently this is not a functionality supported directly, though I should build that out soon.

Ey @Jragyn, does your plugin support dragonbone's animations for events and so? Thx for your time
I've never use Dragonbones' animation functionality, and honestly didn't even know it worked on events? I thought it was a battle scene functionality. If it is a battle scene functionality, then its pretty unlikely this system would support that (though you're welcome to give it a shot and let me know the results!).

Izy

A Really Slow Turtle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am bumping this because I think this plugin is criminally underrated. It is so much fun and so responsive to press the buttons, giving me very much the feel of old school pixel games using the same on-map combat.

I also love that this works with Galv's Event Spawner (Galv being another legend!) - really looking forward to the JABS' anniversary Demo but no pressure, we know the holiday period is super busy - really grateful for your time and work on this! If anyone clever enough to code does work out a way to change the buttons, please let me know, years of MMOs have left me a forever mouse / WSAD / 123 person haha <3

BaslerJon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, I wanted to thank you for making this system, it works really well, its pretty easy to understand and it's almost exactly what I need for my project, except for one thing which is the lack of friendly battler AI's that are not part of your party, I saw you mentioned something like that in a previous post and I hope its still coming up because it would be really cool and very convenient for me

also sorry for necroing the thread idk if its a thing mods dont like here

Keep the good work and thanks you for this

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Necroposting is okay in the script/plugin releases forums. Not in the support forums.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Heya everyone!
Thank you again for all of everyone's support!
This day is JABS' 1st anniversary!
As such, I've updated the JABS Demo in the main post of this thread to now point at a new project!

I would like to caution those who are sensitive to crudeness and profanity, as the sample project I built would probably be rated M or something due to using profanity more than 0 times.

I would like to point out that this demo is actually a personal project of mine I've been working on for a good long while! I built JABS exclusively for this project (along with basically all the other plugins you see in that project), so it should serve as a great example on things you can do with it!

Additionally, as I just mentioned, this demo project also includes a huge number of unreleased plugins that I've built, but been simply too lazy to release publicly. However, you are more than welcome to use them if you'd like- I tried my best to decorate them with the appropriate description and explanation on how they are used (just keep in mind that this JABS thread is not the appropriate place to ask for support for such plugins!).

Last edited:

greenrivers

Pixel Artist
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is incredible and something I'll definitely be looking into for more action-oriented projects in the future.

I haven't really gone through the documentation yet, so I figured I'd ask real quick; is this compatible with galv's character frames/character animations or do the plugins already contain a functionality for 4+ character frames and characters to use different numbers of frames?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is incredible and something I'll definitely be looking into for more action-oriented projects in the future.

I haven't really gone through the documentation yet, so I figured I'd ask real quick; is this compatible with galv's character frames/character animations or do the plugins already contain a functionality for 4+ character frames and characters to use different numbers of frames?

The built-in "poses" functionality is probably the crudest part of the entire engine, because I just haven't decided how I wanted to approach action animations and all that.

I am skeptical it would work as you want it to without it being extended to accommodate JABs, or vice-versa. Considering I definitively have added no special support for literally any other plugins aside from my own, and he hasn't reached out to me with interest to extend his own plugin, I'm assuming it no.

greenrivers

Pixel Artist
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The built-in "poses" functionality is probably the crudest part of the entire engine, because I just haven't decided how I wanted to approach action animations and all that.

I am skeptical it would work as you want it to without it being extended to accommodate JABs, or vice-versa. Considering I definitively have added no special support for literally any other plugins aside from my own, and he hasn't reached out to me with interest to extend his own plugin, I'm assuming it no.
Thank you for letting me know! And if you ever expand on the animations/poses functionality in your own plugins, I'd be happy to provide art assets

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for letting me know! And if you ever expand on the animations/poses functionality in your own plugins, I'd be happy to provide art assets
Of course pal.
It is really more of a matter of me sitting down and committing to doing it.
Though crude, what I have in there does what I expected it to do, and it is just one of the parts of the engine I haven't gotten around to rewriting (I've rewritten about 80% of the core JABS code over the last couple months in an effort to fix numerous other performance issues).

I expect to get to this in the next couple of months, and when that time comes, I'll probably alert this thread of such in hopes that someone like yourself may provide some functional assets that I can leverage to build out the system in a consumer-friendly way (tags, file setup, etc).

greenrivers

Pixel Artist
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Of course pal.
It is really more of a matter of me sitting down and committing to doing it.
Though crude, what I have in there does what I expected it to do, and it is just one of the parts of the engine I haven't gotten around to rewriting (I've rewritten about 80% of the core JABS code over the last couple months in an effort to fix numerous other performance issues).

I expect to get to this in the next couple of months, and when that time comes, I'll probably alert this thread of such in hopes that someone like yourself may provide some functional assets that I can leverage to build out the system in a consumer-friendly way (tags, file setup, etc).
That sounds awesome. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on updates for this. I've been going through the demo bit by bit and you really managed to create something special here.

SauloRPGMaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español/English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi. Is it possible to use this plugin and use bigger sprites?. For xample:

Regards!

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi. Is it possible to use this plugin and use bigger sprites?. For xample:

Regards!
JABS does not modify the way spritesheets are handled.

For poses, it uses default RMMZ functionality, so as long as the spritesheet is the same format as the regular ones (big or otherwise), it should work fine.

SauloRPGMaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español/English
Primarily Uses
Other
JABS does not modify the way spritesheets are handled.

For poses, it uses default RMMZ functionality, so as long as the spritesheet is the same format as the regular ones (big or otherwise), it should work fine.
Thank you!

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi. Sorry if I make to much questions... Can I use / merge at the same time you JABS with this plugin?: https://cutievirus.itch.io/mz3d

Regards!
Supposedly someone else in this thread mentioned that JABS was compatible with MZ3D, but MZ3D is not my plugin and as such, I cannot speak definitively to its compatibility or any bugs/issues that may be present.

Kay_Erthisia

Actually a sculptor...! What am I doing here?!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Jragyn
Wow! The new JABS plugin setup has changed quite a bit! I've managed to import them all into my project, and no longer get any errors except... nothing happens when I hit Z or spacebar to attack anymore (and the enemies too!).

Has the handling of the tags for skill ID or weapons changed? I haven't had the time to poke around properly (though did a brief check to make sure my Tool Map was still pointed to properly in the new plugin, and all the <skillId> tags etc as well, and can't for the life of me figure it out).

Any ideas what I might be missing in the switch-over? Hopefully, it's just something simple I've overlooked!!

Attack skill.PNG
Attack Skill - Event ID 1
Comment: <ms: 5.5>

1643782395643.png
The weapon which calls Skill 3

1643782434868.png
Skill 3 which uses ActionId 1 (first image).

And yet when the weapon is equipped, and the attack button pressed, nothing at all happens.
Is there a new tag or something I am missing?

My list of plugins just in case:
1643782525710.png

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Jragyn
Wow! The new JABS plugin setup has changed quite a bit! I've managed to import them all into my project, and no longer get any errors except... nothing happens when I hit Z or spacebar to attack anymore (and the enemies too!).

Has the handling of the tags for skill ID or weapons changed? I haven't had the time to poke around properly (though did a brief check to make sure my Tool Map was still pointed to properly in the new plugin, and all the <skillId> tags etc as well, and can't for the life of me figure it out).

Any ideas what I might be missing in the switch-over? Hopefully, it's just something simple I've overlooked!!

lol this post has made it clear I should be more deliberate about my releases and versioning and documentation etc. I am sorry you have to be one of the folks that may be experiencing hardship as a result.

First, the screenshots provided are very helpful, thank you.

I do know that you shouldn't actually use the first action id slot if avoidable- it was designed (though I don't know if I documented it anywhere?) to be used for "actions that are missing an action id" or "loot drops". I would try leveraging an action id that isn't 1 (2 or higher) if possible.

If that does not fix the issue, then there are two next steps for ya:
- upload a minimal demo project revealing the bug so I can troubleshoot it properly
or
- wait for me to put out the next update that includes a more deliberate keyboard input manager for folks using keyboards. (the current state puts keyboards as an afterthought with controller inputs as the front-and-center)

Last edited:

SabreonE

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I am pretty new to this Plugin but so far I love it. Great work, was exactly what I needed thanks. Just had a few questions about a couple things.

1) I am using ,larger sprites and am having trouble having the projectile come out at the right spot. Is there a way to offset the projectile?

2)Has anyone found a compatible plugin that increases event hitboxes? I used to use Visustella Event and Movement core but it would mess with the projectile graphic.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Blaixen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, I had a question, Is there a way on this plugin that allows me to add buffs and debuffs for a temporary time?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THORR1