RMMZ (MZ & MV) Procedural Dungeon Generator (December Update)

Jerichi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using MV. Please find below the traceback from the console output.

ReferenceError: $dungeonGenerator is not defined
at Game_Interpreter.eval (eval at <anonymous> (file:///D:/Games/Found%20Objects/Found%20Objects/js/rpg_objects.js:10500:10), <anonymous>:1:1)
at Game_Interpreter.command355 (file:///D:/Games/Found%20Objects/Found%20Objects/js/rpg_objects.js:10500:5)
at Game_Interpreter.executeCommand (file:///D:/Games/Found%20Objects/Found%20Objects/js/rpg_objects.js:8930:34)
at Game_Interpreter.update (file:///D:/Games/Found%20Objects/Found%20Objects/js/rpg_objects.js:8838:19)
at Game_Interpreter.updateChild (file:///D:/Games/Found%20Objects/Found%20Objects/js/rpg_objects.js:8849:32)
at Game_Interpreter.update (file:///D:/Games/Found%20Objects/Found%20Objects/js/rpg_objects.js:8832:18)
at Game_Map.updateInterpreter (file:///D:/Games/Found%20Objects/Found%20Objects/js/rpg_objects.js:6115:27)
at Game_Map.update (file:///D:/Games/Found%20Objects/Found%20Objects/js/rpg_objects.js:6022:14)
at Scene_Map.updateMain (file:///D:/Games/Found%20Objects/Found%20Objects/js/rpg_scenes.js:608:14)
at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (file:///D:/Games/Found%20Objects/Found%20Objects/js/rpg_scenes.js:600:10)

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm using MV. Please find below the traceback from the console output.
I sent you a PM, because I think this topic will be more complicated.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey all,

I uploaded a new version to make my Plugin work with Alpha ABS! I added some mobs in the Ice Dungeon. You may need to include and activate Alpha ABS to make it work.

Also, I titied up my Demo projects as some functions were more confusing than helpful. As MZ and MV don't really differ from each other, I will upload only one minimal zip file from now on.

Last edited:

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all,

I uploaded a new version to make my Plugin work with Alpha ABS! I added some mobs in the Ice Dungeon. You may need to include and activate Alpha ABS to make it work.

Also, I titied up my Demo projects as some functions were more confusing that helpful. As MZ and MV don't really differ from each other, I will upload only one minimal zip file from now on.

Thank you so much for this, both of my favorite plugins in one now

EDIT:

Upon trying it out, I have Pro version of AABS, it appears sometimes that the mobs spawn with tile missing underneath them. Sometimes the mob is in the tile, but can't move and sometimes just the missing tile appears.

Attachments

• hole.PNG
    hole.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Sir_Titas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
just a question is it possible to generate the dungeon based on a predetermined seed that is generated at the start of the game such as seed x dungeon number or something like that. that way if you visit the same dungeon several times in a single playthrough it never changes but if you start the game from the beginning again it will change. ???

edit: just to clarify I have the seed set as a variable

Sir_Titas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
ok I figured it out on my own, yes I can

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for this, both of my favorite plugins in one now

EDIT:

Upon trying it out, I have Pro version of AABS, it appears sometimes that the mobs spawn with tile missing underneath them. Sometimes the mob is in the tile, but can't move and sometimes just the missing tile appears.

Still nothing about this?

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just stumbled upon this. I haven't dove into it to see the precise methodology of setting one up (I'm thinking about making 1 cave in my game be randomly generated, so I might use this). Seeing some previous comments about using Script Calls to generate this, have you considered creating some Plugin Commands to help make the setup feel a bit more "user friendly" for those who don't deal with JS normally? That way you can lower user error and make it look a bit cleaner, too.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just stumbled upon this. I haven't dove into it to see the precise methodology of setting one up (I'm thinking about making 1 cave in my game be randomly generated, so I might use this). Seeing some previous comments about using Script Calls to generate this, have you considered creating some Plugin Commands to help make the setup feel a bit more "user friendly" for those who don't deal with JS normally? That way you can lower user error and make it look a bit cleaner, too.
Yes, in MZ you can use the Plugin Calls, and if you use MV you just need one JS call, and you can copy-paste it from the Tutorials or pick one from here: Gallery – Aerosys' Blog. Then you will see that a JS snippet is not that bad or difficult to use. And what other choise do I have for MV? Either you copy-paste a Plugin Call String or a JS snippet, it won't feel differently. All in all, procedural generated Maps are just too complex to make it a simple Plug&Play Plugin, but I think it's still easy to use even for the non-Programmers :)

An alternative could be note tags in the Map info, I will make some thoughts here.

I know, other Plugins make it simplier, eg. in Biter Maps you write something like $cave and voila, you get a map, but I decided to include more (required and optional) arguments so you have more control on what you get. And also, my thought are, when someone is motivated enough to make a game, he is also motivated enough to spend some time into any Plugin he is using.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Holy cow... work is demanding and I'm back in college. I'm kind of scared of my dad right now after the incident, but at least I don't live with him all the time. Anyway, working on Fandom Scouts and my FNAF character set. The FNAF sprites are actually going to be used in the game... unfortunately the enemy sprites are FNAF World traces, so no sharing those.
The honeymoon period is over with Cyberpunk 2077, It sadly doesnt live up to the hype, pretty graphics arent everything (especially when I cant even do something as simple as changing the radio station over!). Replaying Breath of the wild has reminded me what a good game really looks like, plus that one has good glitches!....
Ami

Maybe...a Drinkable Water Plant or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeJoTa