RMMZ (MZ & MV) Random Maps during Playtime (June Update)

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Cymaiden by default, my plugin is not doing that. Usually, those errors come from "pseudo-blank" objects from your Decoration map. What do I mean by "pseudo-blank" ? My plugin checks for the blank tile on the Decoration map, that is the one tile on the top left on sheet B. On all layers, ground layer and upper layer. Sometimes people accidentally pick another blank tile that is not the top left on sheet B.

Some people use the floodfill tool and randomly fill into the blank area on the decoration map to hunt for incorrectly placed blank tiles. Sometimes it helps to create a fresh new decoration map.

Cymaiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cymaiden by default, my plugin is not doing that. Usually, those errors come from "pseudo-blank" objects from your Decoration map. What do I mean by "pseudo-blank" ? My plugin checks for the blank tile on the Decoration map, that is the one tile on the top left on sheet B. On all layers, ground layer and upper layer. Sometimes people accidentally pick another blank tile that is not the top left on sheet B.

Some people use the floodfill tool and randomly fill into the blank area on the decoration map to hunt for incorrectly placed blank tiles. Sometimes it helps to create a fresh new decoration map.

Yeah, sorry, that was a goof on my end now that you point it out.

Cymaiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason, the door won't open even though I've set everything up correctly in the event window. Doesn't lead anywhere yet, just testing at this stage.

Screenshot from 2022-05-14 02-13-45.pngScreenshot from 2022-05-14 02-16-24.png

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi @Cymaiden

my Event spawning system randomly assigns Event Ids. E.g., when you have one door on your Decoration Map and let it spawn 3 times, those have the Ids somewhat like 11, 12, and 13. Move Events in which you make a specific Event to move will target at wrong Events or just into the void.

TL;DR please change your Move Event from "Door" to "this Event"

Cymaiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Cymaiden

my Event spawning system randomly assigns Event Ids. E.g., when you have one door on your Decoration Map and let it spawn 3 times, those have the Ids somewhat like 11, 12, and 13. Move Events in which you make a specific Event to move will target at wrong Events or just into the void.

TL;DR please change your Move Event from "Door" to "this Event"

Thanks! That fixed the problem.

Sarandiel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great plugin, but how does roads work on metamaze? Can't figure out how to make it create a road form south to north :S

Thanks!

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great plugin, but how does roads work on metamaze? Can't figure out how to make it create a road form south to north :S

Thanks!
Thanks for your message!

When creating the Meta Maze, you can use "grid(1, n") whereas n is the length of your roads OR in other words, how many maps your road has.

E.g.
Code:
$metaMaze.grid(1, 5)
.withExit('top')
.withExit('bottom')
.apply()
.enterAt('bottom');

If you're using the snippet-based approach, you need to change your JS code as explained in Step 3 here: https://aerosys.blog/meta-maze

Let me know if that helps and if not, you may provide some screenshots of your JS codes.

PS:
Your profile says that you are using MV; tell me if you've upgraded to MZ in the meantime.

Sarandiel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your message!

When creating the Meta Maze, you can use "grid(1, n") whereas n is the length of your roads OR in other words, how many maps your road has.

E.g.
Code:
$metaMaze.grid(1, 5)
.withExit('top')
.withExit('bottom')
.apply()
.enterAt('bottom');

If you're using the snippet-based approach, you need to change your JS code as explained in Step 3 here: https://aerosys.blog/meta-maze

Let me know if that helps and if not, you may provide some screenshots of your JS codes.

PS:
Your profile says that you are using MV; tell me if you've upgraded to MZ in the meantime.
Best plugin ever :D

Last edited:

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello friends,

it's been a while, but this time a lot of cool features come to you! So cool, that I decided to increment the major version number.

The Plugin Manager​

You can define all the rules of your Dungeons in the Plugin Manager. This makes it so much easier and more intuitive and we will no longer struggle with huge JS commands!
1655024374656.png

Devs may stay at the JS commands they are familiar with as I did not remove them (maybe slightly adjusted). However, old Plugin Commands have been changed a lot and may not work as expected.

Map Export​

In the free Sample, you find a Plugin that allows you to export generated maps to edit them in the Maker. (Actually, you can export any Map as it has no clue whether a Map is generated or not. Yeah, I don't know how this note was beneficial)

Teleport Device​

In the Addon Sample, you find an Item that allows the player to memorize their location and return to it later. This item calls a Common Event and, hence, is fully readable and you can modify it just as you like. In other words, it's just a small free gift for you!
1655024390374.png

Note​

You will need some time to learn how RNGMaps works with the Plugin Manager. Tutorials will be updated over the next few days. If you struggle or don't like it at all, you may go back to the older version - I will not take it down.

Happy Game Making!

Aero

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Food for thought. Factorio: Spaghetti belts make your factory inefficient as you fight for space constantly. Satisfactory: Spaghetti belts and massive clipping is the most efficient way to run your factory since it's the shortest distances.
ScreenShot_8_19_2022_8_51_4.png
Both Mike and Ray here are in a "HYPE!" state after Mike uses "Wild Party", which also heals everyone. they'll do more damage and counter more often, but defense is lower along with hit rate.
WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxx042