RMMZ (MZ & MV) Random Maps during Playtime (May Update)

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Meta-Maze-3.png

Happy Easter!

This update comes with a new Game Changer, the Meta Maze! This feature lets you choose from various Layouts, for example, a tower with 10 floors, a forest having entrances from the North and East, etc. It helps you by placing exits to the directions north, south, west, and east accordingly.

This feature also allows you to visually emphasize if an exit goes to the next generated Map or the end of this dungeon.

Finally, you can define how often assets like loot chests or enemies will spawn for the whole dungeon! Do you want to spawn a secret boss only once in this level? Now you can!

-----

My last updates focused a lot more on Gameplay features because I want to see other Game Devs actually build something that you enjoy playing. I didn't want to build generated Maps that you try and experiment with, then realize that it's just a sandbox and not interesting, and eventually abandon it.

Anyway, now I will focus more on variety, flexibility, and control of the algorithms!

Tell me all you think about this Update! :)

Last edited:

DMJohn0X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Purchased a week or so ago. Do you have a discord? I feel like itd be mutually beneficial to build a community around your plugin for users to interact with eachother and to request features/bugs.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Purchased a week or so ago. Do you have a discord? I feel like itd be mutually beneficial to build a community around your plugin for users to interact with eachother and to request features/bugs.
I actually thought about it recently, but I was a bit afraid of having a tiny server with little to no interaction. But hey, when there are people who want to join, why not? Let me set up a server and then I will post here when it's live!

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright, the Discord Server is set up! Let's see how well it works!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

brain broken as soon as i figure out whats wrong with my game im taking a long nap
Hey guys anyone is interested in playing my game? Just PM me and I'll give you a Steam key! Here's my latest video! ->
cst.PNG
What would you assume this thing was/is?
1623528827049.png
Ah yes. Just the reference I was looking for to use for my portrait. Thanks Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyakiryu