RMMZ (MZ & MV) Random Maps during Playtime (May Update)

Galkamik

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Aerosys

I saw an update for the RNG maps thank you for your hard work, super excited to try it out!

I've downloaded the RNG file and replaced the folders in a new project (all Algorithms Sample) but then I've encountered a small problem, I thought I'd share this.

When using the Escape item, the game froze and gave me an error.
Using Escape Item Errot.png

When opening the menu and closing it, the game froze and also gave a different error.
Opening and closing menu in dungeon.png

Last edited:

Galkamik

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Galkamik thanks for sharing!

From the console this looks like an error in the Minimap Plugin. @castiger Can you check that?

@Aerosys thanks for the quick response. I'll remove the minimap plugin for now.

I've opened the RNG Maze Addon Sample project and tried out the RNG maze for the forest.

I'm using Meta Maze for my project but then I ran into a room where the path covers the right edges and top edges with no borders, some areas have very large exits almost with no borders.
And with the objects close to the edge the player can't get to it and will transition onto the next map.

RNG Maps Addons Sample.png

Edit: The other thing I noticed as well is when I try to set up my decorations. I'm trying to display certain objects only once in the meta maze.

106, 107 will randomly show up once or never show up at all even though it's set as Meta, in the previous version they will guarantee a spawn of one time somewhere in the meta maze map.
For some reason 108 never spawns, is Meta for guarantee spawn been removed?

I have an object that is 5x5 but that doesn't seem to spawn as well.

Meta and 108 not showing.png

Last edited:

Latest Profile Posts

That awkward moment when you're talking about thinking about writing a limited shop stock plugin for MZ and then find out you already wrote one...last May. My memory is so bad.
When I open my project and I'm like, hell yeah.
Some drawings I made in Lapis, one day I intend to involve them in some RPG Maker project.
* maybe two wall frames
*or some sprite flower tiara, or maybe it inspires someone to do something.
bdd19b62e539d17b3b00cc3d63034f7d.jpg

fcca5c8471b34483da8e032cfe579275.jpg
Step by step, I am coming back.

memorial.png
MasterTenchi wrote on Pixeldrama's profile.
Do you happen to have any of the two lockpicking minigames in RPG Maker MZ format?
I'd love to use them both in my game, and the only ones I've found are yours, but they are in MV format. Strange no one has made a single one for MZ yet. I am hoping you have - but just on the down-low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cc_trash