(MV Version only) Do you think canvas fall-back for this plugin is neccesary?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shora

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
is there a option that u do also shadows for the characters?
Like if i have a fireplace it throws a shadow for the char and events ?!

like:
View attachment 174359
Currently, the answer is no. Despite i can implement it, it could be hard to maintain a plugin with so many feature. Maybe in the future ;).

id0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Currently, the answer is no. Despite i can implement it, it could be hard to maintain a plugin with so many feature. Maybe in the future ;).

I have to say that wall shadows are not very useful because a lot of people just use parallax, when there are no walls at all, because tilesets are not used. But character shadows make only one plugin: `` Exhydra Basic Shadows ''(something like this) and it works, but outdated and there are some conflicts. This situation makes me very sad.

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have to say that wall shadows are not very useful because a lot of people just use parallax, when there are no walls at all, because tilesets are not used. But character shadows make only one plugin: `` Exhydra Basic Shadows ''(something like this) and it works, but outdated and there are some conflicts. This situation makes me very sad.
I disagree heavily. I use mainly parallax for basically many years now but I still have to follow the rpg maker grid rule simply because RPG maker was designed with that thing in mind, use it differently and it breaks pretty much instantly. Not to mention how performance and file size heavy it is to use parallax on every map. Also the whole point of the plugin is to add dynamic lighting for basically the minimum amount of work. If you are going the parallax you might as well just draw the lighting by yourself lol.
If you want a character shadow plugin why don't you just hire someone to port the plugin or make it for you? It's really unfair how you call it not very useful just because "apple" isn't "orange".

id0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I disagree heavily. I use mainly parallax for basically many years now but I still have to follow the rpg maker grid rule simply because RPG maker was designed with that thing in mind, use it differently and it breaks pretty much instantly. Not to mention how performance and file size heavy it is to use parallax on every map. Also the whole point of the plugin is to add dynamic lighting for basically the minimum amount of work. If you are going the parallax you might as well just draw the lighting by yourself lol.
If you want a character shadow plugin why don't you just hire someone to port the plugin or make it for you? It's really unfair how you call it not very useful just because "apple" isn't "orange".
You don't undersnad what you taking about. This I made in MV with QMap and OCRam lighning. Performace is great, and all I need it's not gtitchy shadows.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 68

Puffer

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You don't undersnad what you taking about. This I made in MV with QMap and OCRam lighning. Performace is great, and all I need it's not gtitchy shadows.
Well then why don't you just get someone to port those plugins for you lol? It's like you go to an orange shop and complain that they don't sell apple. Two things are designed to fit their own purpose and scenario so that they would get utilize the best. You are making yourself sound like such a choosing beggar. Just because it's not useful to you doesn't mean it's not useful to others.

id0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well then why don't you just get someone to port those plugins for you lol? It's like you go to an orange shop and complain that they don't sell apple. Two things are designed to fit their own purpose and scenario so that they would get utilize the best. You are making yourself sound like such a choosing beggar. Just because it's not useful to you doesn't mean it's not useful to others.
You already have KHAS shadows for your tilesets, there's another one, but for events shadows are only one and old. What the god damn apples. Don't talk nonsense.

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think there's any point in talking about this. Shora said they can't do character shadows at the moment. Why are you asking them to do it when they said they can't? Besides, there can be multiple plugins that do the same thing because there's always going to be people who will use either of the two. No plugin goes unused. This one is supposed to be faster and better than Khas lighting so I think it's justified that there's support for wall shadows. Not everyone uses parallax maps.

rafman2k

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks very promising . When it comes time for the GUI I recommend looking at what was done with the immersion project and LNM_LightingTool
Having different light types such as Ambient ,Torch ,Bonfire along with flickering and pulse options could work well.

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This plugin would be a dream for many of us, and I'm sure we'd be happy to pay to support its development as well.

To put it simply, we just want a Khas Lighting Plugin that works without the jitter issues when combined with parallax. I know there's massive appetite for this, as it's been asked for for literally years now.

Last edited:

rafman2k

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes for sure shora should setup a ******* to help fund the development . I’m currently part of some other patreons for plugin developers.

Shora

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Update 28/6/2021:

- As you may have known, I have been developing this plugin for a long time. 4 times of rewriting, thousand attempts of debugging in total. I’m very experienced in developing the main features of this plugin: lights and shadows, and I also have optimized them as much as possible (really is, more than you could imagine). However, at this time, I have both the desires: to release this plugin to the public, and to implement a new feature: Animation. Thus, I have been rushing the animation part, instead of slowly integrating this with the old features, I just did it like, “if it works, it works”, and focused more on the user interface part: automatic/routed/looped rotation etc. And the result, as you may have guessed, screwed up my previous optimizations. Though it is still usable, and the performance is not that bad (there were a few benchmarks of my friend in this version), but it INSULTS MY EFFORTS made my proudest optimization tricks go to waste under various circumstances (for example: if any of the pulse, animating or rotating angle value is different from zero and it would break). This problem causes me countless headaches, demotivation and thus makes me unable to put out any new work on the plugin for a few months (aside from the personal causes).

- But now, determined to face this challenge, I’m beginning to rewrite the animation feature ONCE AGAIN, now with performance in mind. You can freely contact me to try out the full-feature version, which is worse in performance but should still be working as intended (I hope).

- TL;DR: Rushed animation features, screwed up old optimization. From now on I’m trying to rewrite that part, but you can still contact me to test the old version. Perhaps it's not that bad, my friend told me.

Puffer

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
and the performance is not that bad (there were a few benchmarks of my friend in this version)
Hey everyone, I'm "that friend" here. FYI, here is the benchmark result from a March's build: Almost 600 lights, all with dynamic shadow, running in the same map/window(1920x1080). Around 4gb of ram usages, 30-40% CPU and GPU usages.(My spec is GTX 1060 6gb, i3 8100 and 8gb of ram single channel) I would say things are looking pretty good so far optimization wise. Just some bug fix and I'm sure the beta release will be fairly stable for everyone to check out. We just need to wait until Shora sorts out his personal matters first.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tested the last version before this one, and the plugin is looking very promising!

I'll definitely test this latest version and see what suggestions I can find. It's good to hear you're working on it again - this is the one lighting plugin MZ definitely needs.

rafman2k

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds promising indeed can’t wait to see the first release . Any chance this will run on MV ?

Shora

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've tested the last version before this one, and the plugin is looking very promising!

I'll definitely test this latest version and see what suggestions I can find. It's good to hear you're working on it again - this is the one lighting plugin MZ definitely needs.
Thanks for your support :D. Your feedback and suggestion is very helpful to me :).

Sounds promising indeed can’t wait to see the first release . Any chance this will run on MV ?
Indeed, the older version of this plugin was developed for MV. But i have converted it to MZ and working in this new engine for quite a long time (about 10 months), and all the syntax i used is supported in ES6 only. But don't worry, it not impossible, just take some time to converting syntax back and support canvas fallback. I definitely working on MV version when release out MZ version. You still can contact me for trying MV version though :), old but still working as intended.

Neptrone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
N/A
Update 28/6/2021:

- As you may have known, I have been developing this plugin for a long time. 4 times of rewriting, thousand attempts of debugging in total. I’m very experienced in developing the main features of this plugin: lights and shadows, and I also have optimized them as much as possible (really is, more than you could imagine). However, at this time, I have both the desires: to release this plugin to the public, and to implement a new feature: Animation. Thus, I have been rushing the animation part, instead of slowly integrating this with the old features, I just did it like, “if it works, it works”, and focused more on the user interface part: automatic/routed/looped rotation etc. And the result, as you may have guessed, screwed up my previous optimizations. Though it is still usable, and the performance is not that bad (there were a few benchmarks of my friend in this version), but it INSULTS MY EFFORTS made my proudest optimization tricks go to waste under various circumstances (for example: if any of the pulse, animating or rotating angle value is different from zero and it would break). This problem causes me countless headaches, demotivation and thus makes me unable to put out any new work on the plugin for a few months (aside from the personal causes).

- But now, determined to face this challenge, I’m beginning to rewrite the animation feature ONCE AGAIN, now with performance in mind. You can freely contact me to try out the full-feature version, which is worse in performance but should still be working as intended (I hope).

- TL;DR: Rushed animation features, screwed up old optimization. From now on I’m trying to rewrite that part, but you can still contact me to test the old version. Perhaps it's not that bad, my friend told me.
please do your best.......

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Your work is amazing, Shora

A noob question here, is it possible to implement something like tile lighting or similar (as Ocram's lighting ie)? If it's not, could it be compatible with his lighting plugins? I'd like to have your awesome light dinamics and his tile lightings ^^'

Anyway, good job :D

Last edited:

Shora

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
please do your best.......
Thanks for your encouragement :D.

Your work is amazing, Shora

A noob question here, is it possible to implement something like tile lighting or similar (as Ocram's lighting ie)? If it's not, could it be compatible with his lighting plugins? I'd like to have your awesome light dinamics and his tile lightings ^^'

Anyway, good job :D
As for your question, implementing a tile-lighting is actually easy to do (it just scan though region id and add light for those positions). But, i don't think i will implement this, since my lighting plugin were focused in quality and dynamical. So the lights is easy to control, while still automatic and at best quality as possible. Instead of tile-depended lighting, i would like to make an entire map light, drawn as a single png, and used it on the map (or split it out to small parts and use different parts to make an unique map's lighting. With this method, you will still can creatively manipulate your lighting shape, and the lights will still at it best quality with my plugin blending and animating, and if you wish, ambient shadowing without you to manually draw the shadow shapes :D.
That all my answers, thanks for your support! :D

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, I can't wair for this! Simply amazing job.

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks super cool. Shame the MV version isn't the focus, though.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baskbask