(MV Version only) Do you think canvas fall-back for this plugin is neccesary?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaedraTalos

Evil Plugin Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey there!
I've noticed that Khas' plugin has been inactive and it seems that this plugin is also in closed beta, so for those wanting to be able to use a lighting plugin with optimized shadows for their projects, I've developed a new one that takes advantage of GPU shadows instead of making the CPU do all of the work ^^
For now, the plugin has customizable lights, shadow map painting, and animated lights, and I've added a new poll to figure out what people would like to me to focus on first for the next version ^^
Here's the link:

Shora

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
First beta version released! :D. Everyone can try it out. Just give me some feedback when you have any problem!.

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Congratulation on the release of the first open beta version! Been looking forward to this for 2 years now :kaojoy:

Shora

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
BIG NEW: I have able to completely synchronize the MZ version to MV version. This mean a mv version with every feature of the MZ version i have developed for years is now can be released! :D. I'm working on converting the MZ demo to MV demo, so expect to see a MV beta release in some days! :D
4qIu8Lh.png

supers0nic91

Thanks for your remainder ;). Actually i have try to do this for some time, but couldn't find a way other than parallel developing for two version so i just leave it aside.

tiabuni

Now it IS the focus, since both are one ;)

Note: My MV version still use the ES6 structure, but i don't know if anyone have a trouble with this. If needed i can convert it to the old style too, just time-consuming., and both the NWJS and the browser system should be able to support ES6 code. If you have any problem, just let me know! ;)

Last edited:

SilverR

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love the dynamic lighting effect! Thanks for your work, I think this plugin is very helpful to make a game with beautiful graphics! :kaoluv:

Shora

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Update v.1.2b (15/9/2021)
- Now included MV versions! :D

- Changelog:
- Add new parameters: Shadow Ambient and Top Block Ambient. These two color are default choice for all light that not specified this setting. Allow user to control their light shadow ambient color and the ambient color affect top-block. Included two new plugin command to change these but only take effect on the next map.
- The MV version now will be merged to the MZ version and share their development in one plugin file. MZ version have the higher priority though, because PIXI V5 have better optimization for this plugin. MV Demo is completely converted from MZ's one.
- Fix various bugs.
Link to Demo

I love the dynamic lighting effect! Thanks for your work, I think this plugin is very helpful to make a game with beautiful graphics! :kaoluv:
Thanks for you encouragement! :kaoluv: Feel freely to report any bugs and feedback any change/features you want to make, it highly appreciated! :D

rhapsodymipo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your work, it's looking great so far. Any plans on adding .png oriented shadows, just like the lights?

Shora

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for your work, it's looking great so far. Any plans on adding .png oriented shadows, just like the lights?
Thanks for your encouragement.
As for image shadows, I don't think my plugin will support it. This is because my shadow doesn't work as "completely" top-down 2D shadow like Khas one or some other, but rather supports an in-depth wall visual in game. Since RPG Maker and its tilesets were originally made like (at least, fake) 2.5D games, it nicely blends into each other.
However, this does not mean that it does not support custom user-defined shadow shapes. In the current development stage, you can just put into something like a set of your shadow vertices (4 for a simple rectangle), and its height (0 for 2D top-down lighting), and you will have a nicely custom shadow. However since this is a bit complicated for beginners (for experience you can just edit the map and take each point manually to form desired shape), i haven't included this in the current demo yet. If you think this is a good way or thing of any way better, just feedback to me! :). It can help me to decide to put this in the next update, or implement a better way if you suggested. Currently I want to make an easy-to-use GUI to draw shadows directly on a map, but since I was in-experienced with GUIs it might take a long time to learn.

Ariyana

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Edit:
I had the same issue as Ronnie. Adding "default" in [Lighting: Default]/Ref solves the problem.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin is good, thx for this.
How can I turn the lightning system on/off, so that the maps are back to normal in MV, and not completely dark? Because I don't need the plugin/system on every map.

Addition:
Getting errors when trying the plugin in my upcoming game, doesn't seem to be compatible with a few other plugins.

Attachments

• 19092101.jpg
    19092101.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Shora

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How can I open this on MZ? :(
Unfortunately I haven't included this in the current beta version. This is because the only purpose of that GUI was just to visualize how can the light be modified, so that GUI are developed in 1 day and very low effort. I'm finding a better way to let user modify their lighting and export it, so stay tuned! :). Also if you really want to try it, you can let me know, I can spend time update that old GUI to work with the current version, just don't be disappointed :(.
Plugin is good, thx for this.
How can I turn the lightning system on/off, so that the maps are back to normal in MV, and not completely dark? Because I don't need the plugin/system on every map.

Addition:
Getting errors when trying the plugin in my upcoming game, doesn't seem to be compatible with a few other plugins.
It is very easy to implement a way to turn on/off lighting on different maps but i haven't code it since the purpose of this current beta version is for everyone to try and test the plugin. But even though, a convenient way of turn off the light plugin is use the setMapAmbient plugin command
and set the color to completely white and time to 1 tick, before or after entering the map, and that should do it for you ;).
1632068243909.png

And in the picture you sent, if seem like the reason it bugging is not because of incompatible with other plugins (yet), but is because of the plugin parameters haven't been defined in the Plugin Manager. All the setting should have default value by me, but since I am making a lot of changes so i haven't included it yet (default value). So what you need to do is just go to the Plugin Parameters and clicking on every parameters that is blank (in the above case maybe parameters in [Lighting: Default]), and that should solve the problem.
If you have any problem, just let me know :).

Ronnie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your reply.
I did indeed forget about the Plugin Parameters aswell as the folder with the images, spend most of the time testing the included demo project. :LZYblush: So, I was able to get rid of the errors.

The Plugin Command you postet is for MZ but I'm using MV.
Do you also have the code for this?
There is only one line in the Plugin Commands for MV, so might need a solution for line breaking.

Addition:
Ok, got it to work found an event with a script under the demo project.
$gameLighting.setMapAmbient("#ffffff", 1)
The script first works when I press the confirm twice, so I just put two script lines in one event, and that solved the problem.

Last edited:

Shiko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cannot save my game (MV). It gives the same error on a fresh download of the demo so it's probably not on my side. And if I try to go back from the save screen after trying to save, the game crashes. other than that, really like the lightning, specially the smooth transition from the flashlight rotation!

Shora

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for your reply.
I did indeed forget about the Plugin Parameters aswell as the folder with the images, spend most of the time testing the included demo project. :LZYblush: So, I was able to get rid of the errors.

The Plugin Command you postet is for MZ but I'm using MV.
Do you also have the code for this?
There is only one line in the Plugin Commands for MV, so might need a solution for line breaking.

Addition:
Ok, got it to work found an event with a script under the demo project.
The script first works when I press the confirm twice, so I just put two script lines in one event, and that solved the problem.
Glad to see you got it worked :). Actually there is a MV plugin command for this (ambient <color> <time>), but at the time I assumed you were using MZ xD. At least you figured out it yourself using the demo :). If you have any problem, don't hesitate asking! :D

I cannot save my game (MV). It gives the same error on a fresh download of the demo so it's probably not on my side. And if I try to go back from the save screen after trying to save, the game crashes. other than that, really like the lightning, specially the smooth transition from the flashlight rotation!
The beta version was supposed just to test the lighting only, so right now I'm changing the code structure to fix the engine-related issues like saving/loading. It should be take in a little times, so stay tuned! :D. Also thanks for your encouragement :).

VaiJack8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Fantastic plugin! I'm using a Day/Night cycle plugin, too, but it makes use of the default screen tone. Would it be possible to use the default tone event for this lighting system instead of the hex one? Just asking xD

UPDATE: I created some common events which make the two plugins compatible.

You know what I like about this lighting system? It's the only one drawing shadows correctly behind tall tiles, instead of on top of them. It's so freakin' realistic. Thank you.

Last edited:

VaiJack8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Alrite so: I'm having troubles setting up a parallel process with the command "Set Map Ambient". Basically, if I try to create a new parallel event which will change the Map Ambient, when I add "Erase Event" at the end, the command will not execute. I cannot leave the event always running in the background because it also contains other events that need to only execute once. Is this wanted or is it a bug? :v

UPDATE: The command works if I add it twice. It's weird but I can work with it, since I mostly use a big common event for lighting.

Arise501

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a reason why "help" is empty? Or where can I get the plugin commands for MV?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laura1999