(MV Version only) Do you think canvas fall-back for this plugin is neccesary?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shora

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Heyyy

First of all, thanks for the update, the lag has now disappeared.

Sadly I must report another bug. I'm using a weather plugin by Mog (you can find it here in the demo project). It worked fine with the 1.2b version but now it makes my game crash every time I start a battle. Here's the console log.

View attachment 205889View attachment 205890

Also, there is another bug when I try to enter a place with a different weather condition while I hold the light:

View attachment 205891
View attachment 205892

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I know this is not a bug but a compatibility issue, so if you cannot fix it I will understand. Thank you anyway.
Really unfortunate to hear that. However, now i'm trying to recreate your bugs, but the battle start and end normally in the above demo :thinking:. Is it these battle?1636181844302.png
Also i couldn't recreate the second bug though @@.If you have time, can you create and upload a separate project that simulate the bug with incompatibility plugin and send it to me, for easier debugging :).
P/S: I added my plugin at the end of the plugin list, change the ref name of default light to "default". and copy the lights folder into /img. I don't know if it matter, but that all the pre step i done to use with the demo. You can try that too, and let me know if the bug still on :D

Attachments

• 1636182025825.png
    1636182025825.png
    652.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

VaiJack8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Really unfortunate to hear that. However, now i'm trying to recreate your bugs, but the battle start and end normally in the above demo :thinking:. Is it these battle?View attachment 205959
Also i couldn't recreate the second bug though @@.If you have time, can you create and upload a separate project that simulate the bug with incompatibility plugin and send it to me, for easier debugging :).
P/S: I added my plugin at the end of the plugin list, change the ref name of default light to "default". and copy the lights folder into /img. I don't know if it matter, but that all the pre step i done to use with the demo. You can try that too, and let me know if the bug still on :D
Alrite so: I moved your plugin under MOG's one and the crashes are no more. Thank you ^^

Decinbr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
brazil
Primarily Uses
Hello, can you tell me how exactly you got this error?. Is it due to override to 1.3b or what?. I really couldn't do anything with only an image @@
I deonloaded version 1.3 for the first time and got this error

Biel-Pine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love this plugin! Im using in two different projects and will update to the new version.
I was having lag issues too, but i solved that in two different ways:
1. Game 1 - using the region activate that comes with visustella event move core, so the light just turn on when im in the respective room
2. Game 2 - using the event detector (i think is moghunter, but i Will check that), so the light just turn on If im close (that was my first solution, but in the other game didnt work well because the layout of the maps)
Thank u for your efforts and congratulations 'cause thats look like a very hard made plugin (i know nothing about code)
And sorry for my poor english :)

Shora

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I deonloaded version 1.3 for the first time and got this error
Hmm, that weird. I will try to replicate the bug by download the demo and purely replace the plugin by updated one. Still can't figured out how you got this, but I will try my best to fix it @@.
I love this plugin! Im using in two different projects and will update to the new version.
I was having lag issues too, but i solved that in two different ways:
1. Game 1 - using the region activate that comes with visustella event move core, so the light just turn on when im in the respective room
2. Game 2 - using the event detector (i think is moghunter, but i Will check that), so the light just turn on If im close (that was my first solution, but in the other game didnt work well because the layout of the maps)
Thank u for your efforts and congratulations 'cause thats look like a very hard made plugin (i know nothing about code)
And sorry for my poor english :)
I'm really happy that you're like this plugin :D. Nice job with the optimization, since I haven't try to optimize it using other plugin. Performance of this plugin is one of the main reason to demotivated me, since I have tried to optimize using various ways for years. Thanks for sharing for knowledge to everyone! xD. When you update to 1.3, remember to read the above message and put this plugin under everything else, just consider it to be "tier 5" plugin. Good luck, and don't hesitate to inform me when you run into problems :).
PS: I'm poor in English too, so don't worry! :kaohi:

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The plugin crashes if you start without an actor to control.

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know if it's the solution you'll use, but I made this quick fix, for anyone having this trouble and not wanting to use ghost actors, while waiting for an official update.
Changed the 783rd line of code to:

JavaScript:
        let note = '';
        if ($gameParty.leader()){
            note = $gameParty.leader().actor().note.split('\n');
        }

Last edited:

twosnakes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow this is amazing! A must have for my horror project, exactly what I needed.

Feature wise everything is working good for me (1.3b). Performance really tanks once I have a few parallel process events on the map though :( Pretty sure its the same issue that VaiJack8 has. Definitely a buy if resolved.

Last edited:

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like this plugin so much hah! But as others said, definitely a buy once performance issues are taken care of.

xep

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey! So I'm very thick when it comes to these things, and I'm onlyjust learning to use the program (no pervious experience in game dev or programming, im just an artist looking for new mediums)
The demo game works just fine (MZ)! But putting the plugin in my own projects results in numerous errors, I tried to do it like in the "how to use" tab but maybe theres something I dont understand? :(
Ive resolved two pervious errors and now the persistent one is this, no idea what it even means, I chose the basic textures for my lights as i was only trying to test if it functionsScreenshot_17.jpg

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I correct myself; I love this plugin

xep

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm, that weird. I will try to replicate the bug by download the demo and purely replace the plugin by updated one. Still can't figured out how you got this, but I will try my best to fix it @@.

I'm really happy that you're like this plugin :D. Nice job with the optimization, since I haven't try to optimize it using other plugin. Performance of this plugin is one of the main reason to demotivated me, since I have tried to optimize using various ways for years. Thanks for sharing for knowledge to everyone! xD. When you update to 1.3, remember to read the above message and put this plugin under everything else, just consider it to be "tier 5" plugin. Good luck, and don't hesitate to inform me when you run into problems :).
PS: I'm poor in English too, so don't worry! :kaohi:
ive had this error at first too, seems like choosing the lights properly worked, but have a different error in its place now :
Hey! So I'm very thick when it comes to these things, and I'm onlyjust learning to use the program (no pervious experience in game dev or programming, im just an artist looking for new mediums)
The demo game works just fine (MZ)! But putting the plugin in my own projects results in numerous errors, I tried to do it like in the "how to use" tab but maybe theres something I dont understand? :(
Ive resolved two pervious errors and now the persistent one is this, no idea what it even means, I chose the basic textures for my lights as i was only trying to test if it functionsView attachment 210183

Shora

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everyone! Sorry for the long break... But here I am, ready to once again resume the project! :D. The next small update will be released in a short time which include small bugs fix and performance patch like @twosnakes noted, and a better Guide will come with it! I'm planning to share the development of this plugin though GitHub and creating a neatly Wiki here too, so be prepared!

Feature wise everything is working good for me (1.3b). Performance really tanks once I have a few parallel process events on the map though :( Pretty sure its the same issue that VaiJack8 has. Definitely a buy if resolved.
Glad to hear that :kaopride: . The performance loop is because of my bad way of reading event comments, and I have quite some ways to resolve this, just wait till the next update! Hearing your compliment really motivate me :kaoluv: .
ive had this error at first too, seems like choosing the lights properly worked, but have a different error in its place now :
Have you try the demo? This error is mostly caused by having the plugin parameters not fulfilled, so checking it, or maybe just copy-paste it from the demo is highly to fix it. Also check if the image are there too!
[ISPOILER]View attachment 211025
[/ISPOILER]
What is this error?
Hmm, that really weird, since the $gameShadow should have created before any reference to it. How did you get this error?

Last edited:

Ariyana

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everyone! Sorry for the long break... But here I am, ready to once again resume the project! :D. The next small update will be released in a short time which include small bugs fix and performance patch like @ValJack8 noted, and a better Guide will come with it! I'm planning to share the development of this plugin though GitHub and creating a neatly Wiki here too, so be prepared!
Very good news :thumbsup-right:

Shora

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Can you simulate the lag progress for me? Like, what kind of parallel process you have when the lag appearing. In the past, it just because of the event's notes getting read infinitely, so I think your maybe is that case too! Just take a screenshot for example, or DMs me with a small demo, and I would try to fix it :kaoluv: . Thanks!

Shora

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 1.4b is released. The updated version can be found and downloaded from the itch.io page. Due to some fundamental changes, the Demo also have been updated for the sake of visualizing changes.
Change-log:
- Re-written the shadow polygon optimization, which both fixed most weird lighting box when drawing unusual shadow shapes, and drastically reduce the shadow segments numbers by roughly 10% (which lead to faster performance).
- Re-organized the region id usage, counting from zero height so that mean now you can draw 0-height shadow caster block, or can be call as top-down-2D-block. You will need to increase the old region id by 1 though. Also now you can limited the region id block by a range instead of only start index like before (default is from 1 to 10).
- Introduce two more special block that can be specified its id (default is 50 and 51): top-roof block and ignore-shadows block. Top-roof block serve the purpose of draw top roof, which no light can be cast on it (useful when you drawing a gate, etc.) and ignore-shadow block will NOT let any shadow ray to be cast on it (can be use when you want to make the illusion of a wall that is higher than the light ray, which the shadow cannot cast to).
- Fixed some minor bugs.

Feel free to try it out, and remember to return your feedbacks! All suggestion are welcomed ;)

- Optimization fixes:
1641831649945.png

- 0-height (2D) wall, top-roof and ignores-shadows block:
1641831793831.png1641831798228.png
1641831327864.png

- Just a image I accidently shot after seeing this sweet shadow on the door, without the weird blank light above in the previous version with the top-roof block:
1641831348090.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_5 added!
index.php

Marketing seems to be about reducing dependence on luck to sell a product, as well as expanding the number of avenues in which luck can play a role in selling a product.
So, I've been wanting to do this randomized logic puzzle in my game for years now. I finally figured out how to do it by using arrays and a few small script calls. It's based on the Einstein Fish Puzzle! :D Though, I have no idea how to actually have the player put in answers.... might start a thread about it.

The projectiles shown in this video are as follows:
1, Basic Triple
2, 30-Degree Arc
3, Randomized Blast Wave
4, 8-way
5, 8-way Double
6, 8-way Slowness
7, 120-Degree Arc Repetitive
8, Projective Triple
9, Split 8-way
10, 2-way Split Randomized Arc
11, HP-MP Split Arc