(MV Version only) Do you think canvas fall-back for this plugin is neccesary?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nicke

Fortune seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is anyone else having problems loading a save file with the newest update? I just want to make sure whether it’s just me or anyone else.
Yep me too. Just tried to Save and I can't load the game now from that Save file.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep me too. Just tried to Save and I can't load the game now from that Save file.
Cool. Well not cool lol. But I am happy to hear that the problem wasn’t just on my end. This means it’s not a plugin compatibility issue. So there’s the plus side to this.

Shora

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to 1.8.1, which is a hotfix to patch the syntax error @Nicke mentioned and load save file error @Enigma_Productions mentioned. You can download it from itch.io for directly from here:

Attachments

• -ShoraLighting-.js
    101.6 KB · Views: 14

jackassets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
ReferenceError
require is not defined

Mobile devices or Chrome Windows 10

jackassets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
What would be the configuration so that the map has the exact colors as if the plugin was not active? I'm trying to use several types and the lighting is always too strong. For example if I use #FFFFFF

Thanks, if this plugin is mobile-friendly I will buy a license on the itch website.

Eusong

Jack of all trades, master of none
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What would be the configuration so that the map has the exact colors as if the plugin was not active? I'm trying to use several types and the lighting is always too strong. For example if I use #FFFFFF

Thanks, if this plugin is mobile-friendly I will buy a license on the itch website.
I believe if you set the overall brightness to 1 then #FFFFFF works perfectly. It's 1.5 by default.
1644500850901.png

CMS

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hey @Shora, I love the plugin.
I switched over from Khas to this one because I really like the options this one provides.

I did however notice a significant drop in performance in some maps. I disabled the lighting system and the lag spikes disappeared.
No idea what is causing it yet. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the quantity of lights.

EDIT: upon doing some further testing, I still can't figure out why it is lagging my game out so badly. It dips from 60 to 40 fps every couple seconds, getting more frequent when moving. Even if the map is completely void from light sources, it still lags out.

Last edited:

Shora

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ReferenceError
require is not defined

Mobile devices or Chrome Windows 10
I will take a look about it. Probably need to change the way the plugin preloading image.

Hey @Shora, I love the plugin.
I switched over from Khas to this one because I really like the options this one provides.

I did however notice a significant drop in performance in some maps. I disabled the lighting system and the lag spikes disappeared.
No idea what is causing it yet. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the quantity of lights.

EDIT: upon doing some further testing, I still can't figure out why it is lagging my game out so badly. It dips from 60 to 40 fps every couple seconds, getting more frequent when moving. Even if the map is completely void from light sources, it still lags out.
That weird. I can understand if the performance dropped if you using animating lighting (and currently I'm working on rewrite the renderer to handle those more efficiently), but if your map don't even have lights, it can be one of the two problems:
- If the CPU usage of the game is high, maybe it because of my function (like reading item/actor notetags etc.) get called unnecessary repeatly. If that the case, then I would try to find it out and fix it (maybe I would PMs you for a demo).
- If the GPU usage of the game is high, then maybe it because of those filter, like the soft shadow one. Try disable them in the plugin manager and try again.
And, did you try disable the plugin though script instead of entirely turning it off? Can you try running $gameLighting.disable() in the console and tell me the differences?

jackassets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
I will take a look about it. Probably need to change the way the plugin preloading image.

That weird. I can understand if the performance dropped if you using animating lighting (and currently I'm working on rewrite the renderer to handle those more efficiently), but if your map don't even have lights, it can be one of the two problems:
- If the CPU usage of the game is high, maybe it because of my function (like reading item/actor notetags etc.) get called unnecessary repeatly. If that the case, then I would try to find it out and fix it (maybe I would PMs you for a demo).
- If the GPU usage of the game is high, then maybe it because of those filter, like the soft shadow one. Try disable them in the plugin manager and try again.
And, did you try disable the plugin though script instead of entirely turning it off? Can you try running $gameLighting.disable() in the console and tell me the differences?
I will be grateful if you can give an answer soon, I'm depending on this adjustment to continue using your plugin or not and buying the license.

Thanks!

Shora

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to 1.8.2. Fixed the angle setting not working when set using comment syntax, and (tried) to fix the plugin on Mobile/Chrome device.
I will be grateful if you can give an answer soon, I'm depending on this adjustment to continue using your plugin or not and buying the license.

Thanks!
Please check this update out and see if it work. If it still doesn't work, I will PMs you for more detail (though I think it should work now).
You can download the update from itchio

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is this the release where you've figured out the optimisation as per your last status update?

Shora

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is this the release where you've figured out the optimisation as per your last status update?
Almost it. This release have a quite decent performance optimization boost, like x3 fps compare to the last version. But it can be expanded even more, deeper to the PIXIJS renderer.
That what I'm currently working on right now, and the goal is to make the plugin as fast as (and even faster) than Khas one. That optimization will maybe come in some forms in v1.9 update, and will be fully deployed in v2 update as well as the light GUI design and shadow GUI editor. That the roadmap for now :).

jackassets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Updated to 1.8.2. Fixed the angle setting not working when set using comment syntax, and (tried) to fix the plugin on Mobile/Chrome device.

Please check this update out and see if it work. If it still doesn't work, I will PMs you for more detail (though I think it should work now).
You can download the update from itchio
Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The error has changed:

ReferenceError
nw is not defined

Shora

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The error has changed:

ReferenceError
nw is not defined
It should work now (again). Pretty certain since I completely removed my old cache system xd. Please check this version:
P/S: If you having error please re-downloading the file again, I mistyped the syntax :kaocry:

Attachments

• -ShoraLighting-.js
    101.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

jackassets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
@Shora
Now it's working perfectly. Thank you very much, I will be happy to support your work by purchasing a license.

I noticed a small problem that I don't know if it's something normal with the plugin, see the attached image that the shadow of the footer of the wall is over the character.

bug.png

Last edited:

Shora

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Shora
Now it's working perfectly. Thank you very much, I will be happy to support your work by purchasing a license.

I noticed a small problem that I don't know if it's something normal with the plugin, see the attached image that the shadow of the footer of the wall is over the character.

View attachment 215933
Its is a normal though, since the game is rendered in 2D, and the shadow affect the light, which effect the character. I may try to fix this in the future if needed, but currently I'm in process of further optimizing the plugin first :p. It would be ~3x faster than the 1.8 one.

jackassets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Its is a normal though, since the game is rendered in 2D, and the shadow affect the light, which effect the character. I may try to fix this in the future if needed, but currently I'm in process of further optimizing the plugin first :p. It would be ~3x faster than the 1.8 one.
No problem my friend, keep up the great work.

jackassets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
I encountered a problem with this update. See in the attached image the test I did in the DEMO MZ 1.8 projectbug.png

Niekitty

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I... feel like an idiot...

I spent 2 hours fighting and going back and forth between my current project at the light demo trying to figure out why the mega heckers mine wasn't working. I was even about to post for help.
And then my SO walked by behind me and pointed at the plugin settings and said "Aren't you using MV?"

Yyyup. I had not notice the plugin setting was defaulting to MZ.

Head.
+
Desk.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The game's opening, now fully polished! :LZScheeze:

Aaand, here's me working on it in today's "Game Making Every Day" video! :LZSooo:

Hello! Can anyone help me? I followed making cooking tutorial for RPG Maker MV. But for some reason buff state that food gives doesn't work in overworld. It disappears. What am I supposed to do?
A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HorusT